1403 users online (305 members and 1098 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Kaitlyn Lavois, 4 mos, Baytown, 11 Jan 2013

Amber Alert

The child was abducted by the listed suspect, her grandmother, from a child care facility in Pasadena, Texas. The suspect took the child without the parents' approval or knowledge. The child and suspect were last seen in Baytown, Texas and are believed to be traveling in the listed vehicle. Direction of travel is unknown.

Victim: Kaitlyn Lavois - White female, 4 months old. Brown hair, brown eyes. 1'8" and 14 pounds.

Suspect: Robin Lavois - Female. Grandmother.

Vehicle: Green Toyota Camry - Texas plates 784-CGH

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...t/AmberServlet
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Amber Alert issed for missing Pasadena baby

Pasadena Police have issued an Amber Alert for a four-month-old who they say was taken from a day care by her grandmother without permission Friday.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8951421

Amber Alert issued for baby in Pasadena

[snip]

Pasadena police say Kaitlyn Lavois' grandmother, Robin Lavois, took the girl from a child care facility without getting permission from the baby's parents.

The two were last seen in Baytown at about 4:30 p.m. on Friday.

More: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...na-4188348.php

What a little sweetie. Here's hoping grandma just wanted a little time with her and she will be home safe soon.

Does this mean she was one of the people allowed to pick her up from daycare, or did the daycare centre drop the ball?

Eta Just reading on FB that a family member says grandma is unstable

Quote Originally Posted by LJKaust View Post
    Yup that's her. NCMEC updated to show photo of the grandma/suspect

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...&amberId=11220
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

In a recent similar case to this... The unauthorized person ended up taking the child back to her own home...

Child was found safe and sound...

I hope this is what happened here...

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Gma doesn't look too happy here...

wonder why this pic was chosen for the Missing Poster...

JMO

There must be quite a history there. If a grandmother in a normal parent/grandmother relationship picked up a grandbaby, even if not planned, I don't think there would be this level of concern. Or, at least, the concern would be for them both, not just the baby. It will be interesting to hear the whole story.

Something tells me that grandma hasn't had a relationship with her son or her granddaughter just judging by lack of any pictures in her FB. Maybe she was upset at being shut out of their lives?
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?

Prayers this sweet baby is found safe.

In my observation, grandmas who kidnap grandchildren almost always do it out of the belief (often founded and rational) that the child is being abused.

Not saying that's going on here, it may just be grandma's perception, but I think there's real hope that this baby is fine and being well-taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    Interesting that she states she has 1 son in her profile as of 12-24-12, but her fb shows pictures of 2.
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Amber Alert issed for missing Pasadena baby

Pasadena Police have issued an Amber Alert for a four-month-old who they say was taken from a day care by her grandmother without permission Friday.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8951421

Amber Alert issued for baby in Pasadena

[snip]

Pasadena police say Kaitlyn Lavois' grandmother, Robin Lavois, took the girl from a child care facility without getting permission from the baby's parents.

The two were last seen in Baytown at about 4:30 p.m. on Friday.

More: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...na-4188348.php
    The grandmother has an arrest record. According to court documents, past charges include evading arrest and two felony indictments for assaulting family members.

Snipped from above link, BBM, I hope she won't harm the baby.
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kseal07 View Post
    The grandmother has an arrest record. According to court documents, past charges include evading arrest and two felony indictments for assaulting family members.

Snipped from above link, BBM, I hope she won't harm the baby.
    I wonder if those led to convictions - or if she just really has a very passionate difficult family and they get into huge arguments but nothing really legally came of it?

I still think, looking at Robin's facebook and other stuff, that she believes she's acting in the right - whether she is or not, who knows.

edited to add: She purchased baby formula Friday morning - so it was her intent to take care of the baby, and feed it - and it wasn't a spur of the moment decision to run off. She had planned it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast