Once Again

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't want to copy this directly from any forum so I will sum it up for discussion.

In the transcripts, John is being questioned about his relationship with Fleet and Priscilla since the murder. When asked if there has been any contact from the Whites to reconcile, talk, make-up, rekindle the friendship, John replies that Fleet tried to set up a meeting with John and Patsy, but at the time, "SUSAN SAID NO".

That was when they were living with the Stines. John goes on to say he only found out about that much later on.

HUH?

Somebody? Anybody? Am I missing something?

One of the explanations given that I read was to the effect that the Ramseys were trusting people and once again, "other" people made poor choices for them.

HUH? :confused:

:dontknow:

I agree the Stines was a big part of Fleet and Johns NON friendship.

I think Jealousy was a big thing .

Cultural Ventilation was the stress that ensued after the funeral in Georiga. Patsy even spoke of this in DOI. The Whites were so shocked at the wealth that jealousy completely took over ....

There was a problem with Fleet getting on the friends plane to atlanta.... Fernie was the one to back Fleet off that flight.

Just my thoughts.
Socks

If John was being truthful when he claimed he didn't know till later (how much later, I wonder) that Susan Stine had told Fleet NO when Fleet tried to set up a meeting with John and Patsy, I don't see that as evidence the Ramseys trusted Stine to make decisions for them.

Did The Ramseys chew out Stine when they found out she'd had the audacity to turn down Fleet's request on their behalf without consulting them? Did they then try to arrange a meeting with Fleet themselves?

Neither John nor Patsy is always truthful, so maybe they told Susan Stine to tell Fleet NO if he called to arrange a meeting...and when he did, Stine didn't mention it to the Ramseys right away.

It was very hard for Patsy and John to see the Whites,because they were so close to them that Christmas ,there having children the same age and best friends all the way around ...

I can understand the Ramseys having a hard time dealing with the memories with the Whites.

I remember Patsy saying in DOI it was just so hard those memories of the children.

Ivy,

I can't answer all your questions, but he did not try to arrange a meeting himself with Fleet. His next input regarding Fleet was that Fleet "barged in" on him while he was meeting with Rev. Hoverstock I believe.

It doesn't sound as if there was any "chewing out" of the Stines. It appears that while they were living there, and then possibly longer, the Stines, or Susan Stine in particular, had carte blanche to do whatever she felt was right on their behalf.

The Ramseys certainly didn't seem to mind. John's telling of that story is quite similar to the story he tells about Patsy getting rid of his stalking girlfriend while he stayed out of sight.

What a wuss

"The White's were so shocked at the wealth that jealosy completely took over."

The White family can buy and sell both the Ramseys and Westmorelands with pocket change. Do the names J. Paul Getty and Santa Barbara channel oil rights mean anything to you?

I'd consider it more cultural collision than cultural ventilation. Pseudo old South meets left coast.

Excellent post!! The White family is well established socially in Newport Beach where $5,000,000 gets you a starter house. Whereas the Ramsey friends in Atlanta were obviously neuvo riche.

I think it more a situation similar to a secretary who responds to a letter without having first shown it to the boss because he is too busy or distracted by other matters.
John Ramsey probably was probably not the one who took the phone message and never knew about it until afterwards.

Odd John (the CEO) couldn't face his old friend....John had no problem facing national cameras on CNN.

Originally posted by Toth
I think it more a situation similar to a secretary who responds to a letter without having first shown it to the boss because he is too busy or distracted by other matters.
John Ramsey probably was probably not the one who took the phone message and never knew about it until afterwards.

This was not a phone message Toth. This was a request to see John and John clearly states that "Susan said no". So it was not a secretarial type situation. One has to realize that Fleet was mandated to relay to "Susan" what he wanted to talk to John about. It doesn't sound very Fleet White-ish to me to voluntarily discuss what he wanted from John with "Susan".

Read the transcripts and see for yourself.

Barbara - this is John Ramsey talking. Mr Blameless himself. When has he ever taken responsibility for any of his actions - except those that make him look good?

That's well known. Susan Stine made people take sides; either you are on her side and Pinky Barber, et. al. or the Whites.

Lin Wood said that Fleet White didn't say anything bad about the Ramseys in his deposition in the Enquirer article, and I believe him. I hope to God that depo is released so we can see exactly what he did say and didn't.

Hard for the Ramseys to see the Whites because of the closeness and children?

Nah - You'd think they'd want Burke to continue the friendship with Fleet's son.

FW just wasn't taking any of the Ramsey BS. He couldn't be easily manipulated.

Ramseys used Susan - they knew she said "no."

Just like the "secretary" who says the boss is on another phone call or not in the office - when, in fact, it's an avoidance.

Susan Stine did the same thing about Judith Phillips. It's how they divided up sides, and I don't believe it was just her wishes or the Ramseys wouldn't have gone along with it.

Originally posted by candy
Susan Stine did the same thing about Judith Phillips. It's how they divided up sides, and I don't believe it was just her wishes or the Ramseys wouldn't have gone along with it.

The Ramseys didn't have to go along with anything. It's been said over and over and made crystal clear from both John and Patsy's mouth that they let others handle everything.

They are not responsible for the lawyers
They are not responsible for the website
They are not responsible for the broken friendship with the Whites
They are not responsible for the broken friendships with Judith Phillips
They are not responsible for waiting 4 months for interviews
They are not responsible..................................................

They never own up to anything

Originally posted by Barbara
The Ramseys didn't have to go along with anything. It's been said over and over and made crystal clear from both John and Patsy's mouth that they let others handle everything.

They are not responsible for the lawyers
They are not responsible for the website
They are not responsible for the broken friendship with the Whites
They are not responsible for the broken friendships with Judith Phillips
They are not responsible for waiting 4 months for interviews
They are not responsible..................................................

They never own up to anything

I think the height of that particular absurd behavior came when Patsy claimed in DOI that she put JonBenet into a pageant, and when it came time for the talent portion, she had no idea what JonBenet would do on stage, because Patsy took no responsibility for having taught JonBenet what to do. Apparently, she dressed JonBenet up in a red, white and blue outfit, gave her some prop American flags, then told her "You're on your own, honey."

And let us not forget that Patsy takes no responsibility for celebrating Christmas because she wants to; she does it because God told her to.

You see this as evidence of something, do you?

Yes - evidence of an inability to take responsibility for their own actions. Tendency to pass the buck. EXCEPTIONAL arrogance.

I cannot get past this. I have a femal relative who is like this and I see it as a very ugly character trait. Nothing is ever her fault - always someone else's. She is referred to by other family members as "She who shall remain blameless".

Honest people acknowledge their mistakes and when they say they didn't do something, people tend to believe them. People who deny, deny, deny ALL the time eventually find their denials taken with a pinch of salt.

People who like to blame others for their own errors are weak, despicable characters.

The inablility to take responsibility for your own actions is also a sure sign of immaturity. The Ramsey's have blamed the police, Mike Kane, the media, their friends, and Santa for the difficult situation they created for themselves. IMO they have the maturity of a 9 year old. Maybe that is why they haven't been charged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back