Golden Globes movie nominees: Who will win vs. who should

~n/t~

Reaction score
Best motion picture -- drama

The five contenders are "Argo," "Django Unchained," "Life of Pi," "Lincoln" and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Best motion picture -- comedy or musical

The contenders are "Les Miserables," "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel," "Moonrise Kingdom," "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and "Silver Linings Playbook."

Best director

Oscar nominees Steven Spielberg ("Lincoln") and Ang Lee ("Life of Pi") are up against three directors the Academy Awards snubbed Thursday -- Bigelow ("Zero Dark Thirty"), Quentin Tarantino ("Django Unchained") and Ben Affleck ("Argo").

Best screenplay

The team of rivals here include Tony Kushner for "Lincoln" (based upon Doris Kearns Goodwin's book), David O. Russell for "Silver Linings Playbook" (based upon Matthew Quick's novel), Chris Terrio for "Argo" (based upon Joshuah Bearman's article in Wired), Tarantino for "Django Unchained" (inspired by the 1966 spaghetti Western "Django") and Mark Boal for "Zero Dark Thirty" (based upon his own reporting).

Best performance by an actor -- drama

The leading men in the drama category are Daniel Day-Lewis ("Lincoln"), Denzel Washington ("Flight"), Joaquin Phoenix ("The Master") and two who were snubbed by Oscar -- Richard Gere ("Arbitrage") and John Hawkes ("The Sessions").

Best performance by an actress -- drama

The competitors are Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty"), Marion Cotillard ("Rust and Bone"), Helen Mirren ("Hitchcock"), Naomi Watts ("The Impossible") and Rachel Weisz ("The Deep Blue Sea").

Best performance by an actor -- comedy or musical

Black's competition includes Hugh Jackman ("Les Miserables"), Bradley Cooper ("Silver Linings Playbook"), Ewan McGregor ("Salmon Fishing in the Yemen") and Bill Murray ("Hyde Park on Hudson").

Best performance by an actress -- comedy or musical

Jennifer Lawrence, Cooper's "Silver Linings" co-star, has some stiff competition in this category -- Meryl Streep ("Hope Springs"), Maggie Smith ("Quartet"), Judi Dench ("The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel") and Emily Blunt ("Salmon Fishing in the Yemen").

Best performance by an actress in a supporting role

Hathaway's competitors include Amy Adams ("The Master"), Sally Field ("Lincoln"), Helen Hunt ("The Sessions") and Nicole Kidman ("The Paperboy"). Kidman is the only one here who didn't make it in the Oscar nominations -- Jacki Weaver ("Silver Linings Playbook") replaced her for the nod.

Best performance by an actor in a supporting role

The supporting actor nominees are Alan Arkin ("Argo"), Tommy Lee Jones ("Lincoln"), Philip Seymour Hoffman ("The Master") and Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio (both for "Django Unchained"), with only the latter (and the youngest) not receiving an Oscar nod this year.

more at the link

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/11/showbiz/tv/golden-globes-movies-vineyard/index.html

I would like Argo to take home some of these awards...

I can't say because I haven't seen any of them but for Mary Todd Lincoln I would have added Mary Elizabeth Winstead from Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I'd like to see Daniel Day Lewis win his category and Hathaway to win in hers.

I've only seen two of the films nominated. I thought Lincoln was stunning - just - stunning.

Hated Lincoln, didn't like Argo either and found out that it was not accurate. I hate revisionist history. Give me an original story - don't embellish a historic event to fit your agenda Hollywood.

Therefore Life of Pi would be fine for me, or better yet, Les Mis.

Just saw Jodi Foster give a very, very long speech. But she acknowledged Mel Gibson which was nice.

Note to Jodie Foster:

Meh. Who cares about your sexual orientation or whether or not you'll continue acting? I mean, really. I'm not trying to slam you, or bash you, but maybe it's time for a reality check that maybe...just maybe, your life is not the center of our universe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back