1312 users online (268 members and 1044 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Governor Signs Law To Prevent Sex Abuse

Snyder Signs Law To Help Prevent Child Sex Abuse

January 12, 2013 8:36 AM

LANSING (WWJ/AP) – Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation into law that aims to increase education and training in schools to help prevent the sexual abuse of children.

The Republican governor’s office announced Wednesday that he signed the bipartisan legislation named “Erin’s Law.” It’s named after Erin Merryn, a woman from Schaumburg, Ill. who was sexually abused as a child and now campaigns nationally for increased education and protections...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...ild-sex-abuse/

Good move...I just wish it could be made national and not have to wait for each state to take action....so many people, even educators, do not know the signs of sexual abuse to watch for with the children they are with every day...

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Good move...I just wish it could be made national and not have to wait for each state to take action....so many people, even educators, do not know the signs of sexual abuse to watch for with the children they are with every day...
    If they are watching for signs of the child already being abused, the law does not prevent anything. And as long as CPS' s goal is to reunite families, what good do words on a piece of paper signed by a governor do? This law like most does not prevent anything. It is part of the huge scam put over on the American public that education prevents. If that is what is needed to prevent crimes and evil, then no educated people, doctors, lawyers, etc., would ever commit a crime.

And if you look further, most of these scam education companies are owned by a politician's close friend or their family member. Just nepotism cloaked in,"Isn't this wonderful?! It's for the children!!"
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.