725 users online (84 members and 641 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
    -Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
    http://www.bhcso.org/
    http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/eva...9bb2963f4.html
    http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/e...-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
    Thread # 3 Thread # 4
    Thread # 5 Thread # 6
    Thread # 7 Thread # 8
    Thread # 9 Thread#10
    Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13 Thread #14
    Thread #15 Thread #16
    Thread #17 Thread #18
    Thread #19 Thread #20
    Thread #21 Thread #22
    Thread #23 Thread #24
    Thread #25 Thread #26
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 01:46 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Bringing the article from today over:

Will that take another six months?
    “I certainly hope not,” Smock said. “We do have some direction. We’re waiting on a lot of information to come back, continuing to follow up and not closing the door on any possibility. We’re not going to disregard anything.”

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1
    Last edited by hollyblue; 01-13-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Woah.. I have got too many private messages to answer regarding "Who did police say did it??" Everyone, I never said I have any new information on who killed the girls, and this is going way beyond nuts! I don't know who killed these girls, I suspect certain individuals have coincidences, as i was asked but that is it, and MOO. Somehow it got twisted and maybe I can untwist the twisting if that makes any sense.

This is what I have been referring to.. from way long ago. Read it. This is not new information.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1688083.html

He is in jail now, on trial for seperate charges....this is the person I am talking about. I am agreeing with what the police were saying in this article. If he gets convicted on these seperate charges, I was saying he could get 40 years, that is the rumor going around my area of town. RUMORS, MOO on it. Not 40 years for killing anybody. I never said or meant that. There is NOTHING NEW.. no new anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea6 View Post
    Woah.. I have got too many private messages to answer regarding "Who did police say did it??" Everyone, I never said I have any new information on who killed the girls, and this is going way beyond nuts! I don't know who killed these girls, I suspect certain individuals have coincidences, as i was asked but that is it, and MOO. Somehow it got twisted and maybe I can untwist the twisting if that makes any sense.

This is what I have been referring to.. from way long ago. Read it. This is not new information.

He is in jail now, on trial for seperate charges....this is the person I am talking about. I am agreeing with what the police were saying in this article. If he gets convicted on these seperate charges, I was saying he could get 40 years, that is the rumor going around my area of town. RUMORS, MOO on it. Not 40 years for killing anybody. I never said or meant that. There is NOTHING NEW.. no new anything!!
    I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who missed hearing that the police thought he was guilty, or that he's in jail now. At least I hope I'm not, it keeps me from looking quite as clueless. I do remember TB saying that they had accused him during an interview, but don't remember LE ever saying it. Maybe my memory isn't as good as I occasionally think it is, or I missed some of the articles. Thanks.
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

But he's not in jail now. He's out until he convicted, if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    But he's not in jail now. He's out until he convicted, if convicted.
    Right, he's under pretrial supervision and is supervised by parole officers:

The case was officially reclassified from missing persons to an abduction July 20, the same day a judge granted prosecutorsí request to place Daniel Morrissey under pretrial supervision while he awaits trial on drug charges. Morrissey, who had been free on bond, will be supervised by parole officers.

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/05/hun...ssing-cousins/

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post

The case was officially reclassified from missing persons to an abduction July 20, the same day a judge granted prosecutorsí request to place Daniel Morrissey under pretrial supervision while he awaits trial on drug charges. Morrissey, who had been free on bond, will be supervised by parole officers.

Thanks.. I was taking that as the same as being supervised in jail, I don't know where else they would have him. Thank you so much!!!

Police saying that they think someone did something is a lot different than a gossipy relative saying that they said it. Facing a potential jail term is a lot different than already being in jail for 40 years. Thanks for untwisting your original comments. Now I know that I am not going crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post

Yet they couldn't find him the day the girls were found. He wasn't told until that Friday. Weird, when he should have been supervised.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Wanted to post the timeline given to the public five days after the girls were found.

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/10/tim...-in-evansdale/

Interviews, Interviews with sex offenders & poly's were many the first 5 days according to the timeline. jmo

I'm still confused. Who eats free meals at the church?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    Yet they couldn't find him the day the girls were found. He wasn't told until that Friday. Weird, when he should have been supervised.
    BBM by me, What did I miss? That one flew right by me. tia

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeInLA View Post
    I'm still confused. Who eats free meals at the church?
    I tried to find an article on the refrigerated truck that turned over providing the feast, but no luck. ???

Did find this one about 2 tons of lobster and seafood spilled. LOL ARRRRRRRGGGGGG! I'm salivating and if near would have my freezer full!!!

Another tractor trailer accident has ended in a somewhat humorous outcome. A multiple vehicle accident on Rt. 395 south ripped open a refrigerated truck and spilled over 10,000 pounds of live lobsters and fish on the road. The town's director of public health ordered the load to be destroyed, however, other people had different plans for the load.
    Rescue workers and Highway Department workers took seafood from the wreck, and police later discovered lobsters being sold at Periwinkles & Giorgio's restaurant from a truck in the parking lot. Officials discovered this and seized the remaining lobsters, freeing them in the Boston Harbor.

http://www.texasinjuryattorney.com/b...er-highway#top

ETA: Or this one......http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.956632
    Last edited by hollyblue; 01-14-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNDad View Post
    Police saying that they think someone did something is a lot different than a gossipy relative saying that they said it. Facing a potential jail term is a lot different than already being in jail for 40 years. Thanks for untwisting your original comments. Now I know that I am not going crazy
    I'm still trying to figure out how he gave televised interviews if he was incarcerated.

Welcome back Sapphire!!!!

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast