IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26

Bringing the article from today over:

Will that take another six months?
“I certainly hope not,” Smock said. “We do have some direction. We’re waiting on a lot of information to come back, continuing to follow up and not closing the door on any possibility. We’re not going to disregard anything.”

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...fter-girls-disappear?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

Woah.. I have got too many private messages to answer regarding "Who did police say did it??" Everyone, I never said I have any new information on who killed the girls, and this is going way beyond nuts! I don't know who killed these girls, I suspect certain individuals have coincidences, as i was asked but that is it, and MOO. Somehow it got twisted and maybe I can untwist the twisting if that makes any sense.

This is what I have been referring to.. from way long ago. Read it. This is not new information.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/misty-daniel-morrissey-criminal-records-meth_n_1688083.html

He is in jail now, on trial for seperate charges....this is the person I am talking about. I am agreeing with what the police were saying in this article. If he gets convicted on these seperate charges, I was saying he could get 40 years, that is the rumor going around my area of town. RUMORS, MOO on it. Not 40 years for killing anybody. I never said or meant that. There is NOTHING NEW.. no new anything!!

Woah.. I have got too many private messages to answer regarding "Who did police say did it??" Everyone, I never said I have any new information on who killed the girls, and this is going way beyond nuts! I don't know who killed these girls, I suspect certain individuals have coincidences, as i was asked but that is it, and MOO. Somehow it got twisted and maybe I can untwist the twisting if that makes any sense.

This is what I have been referring to.. from way long ago. Read it. This is not new information.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/misty-daniel-morrissey-criminal-records-meth_n_1688083.html

He is in jail now, on trial for seperate charges....this is the person I am talking about. I am agreeing with what the police were saying in this article. If he gets convicted on these seperate charges, I was saying he could get 40 years, that is the rumor going around my area of town. RUMORS, MOO on it. Not 40 years for killing anybody. I never said or meant that. There is NOTHING NEW.. no new anything!!

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who missed hearing that the police thought he was guilty, or that he's in jail now. At least I hope I'm not, it keeps me from looking quite as clueless. :blushing: I do remember TB saying that they had accused him during an interview, but don't remember LE ever saying it. Maybe my memory isn't as good as I occasionally think it is, or I missed some of the articles. Thanks.

But he's not in jail now. He's out until he convicted, if convicted.

But he's not in jail now. He's out until he convicted, if convicted.

Right, he's under pretrial supervision and is supervised by parole officers:

The case was officially reclassified from missing persons to an abduction July 20, the same day a judge granted prosecutors’ request to place Daniel Morrissey under pretrial supervision while he awaits trial on drug charges. Morrissey, who had been free on bond, will be supervised by parole officers.

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/05/hunters-locate-remains-possibly-missing-cousins/

The case was officially reclassified from missing persons to an abduction July 20, the same day a judge granted prosecutors’ request to place Daniel Morrissey under pretrial supervision while he awaits trial on drug charges. Morrissey, who had been free on bond, will be supervised by parole officers.

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/05/hunters-locate-remains-possibly-missing-cousins/

Thanks.. I was taking that as the same as being supervised in jail, I don't know where else they would have him. :waitasec: Thank you so much!!! :seeya:

Police saying that they think someone did something is a lot different than a gossipy relative saying that they said it. Facing a potential jail term is a lot different than already being in jail for 40 years. Thanks for untwisting your original comments. Now I know that I am not going crazy :)

Yet they couldn't find him the day the girls were found. He wasn't told until that Friday. Weird, when he should have been supervised.

Interviews, Interviews with sex offenders & poly's were many the first 5 days according to the timeline. jmo

I'm still confused. Who eats free meals at the church?

Yet they couldn't find him the day the girls were found. He wasn't told until that Friday. Weird, when he should have been supervised.

BBM by me, What did I miss? That one flew right by me. tia

I'm still confused. Who eats free meals at the church?

I tried to find an article on the refrigerated truck that turned over providing the feast, but no luck. ???

Did find this one about 2 tons of lobster and seafood spilled. LOL ARRRRRRRGGGGGG! I'm salivating and if near would have my freezer full!!!

Another tractor trailer accident has ended in a somewhat humorous outcome. A multiple vehicle accident on Rt. 395 south ripped open a refrigerated truck and spilled over 10,000 pounds of live lobsters and fish on the road. The town's director of public health ordered the load to be destroyed, however, other people had different plans for the load.
Rescue workers and Highway Department workers took seafood from the wreck, and police later discovered lobsters being sold at Periwinkles & Giorgio's restaurant from a truck in the parking lot. Officials discovered this and seized the remaining lobsters, freeing them in the Boston Harbor.

http://www.texasinjuryattorney.com/...ent-spills-over-10000-lbs-lobster-highway#top

ETA: Or this one......http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...gs-marijuana-street-san-jose-article-1.956632

Police saying that they think someone did something is a lot different than a gossipy relative saying that they said it. Facing a potential jail term is a lot different than already being in jail for 40 years. Thanks for untwisting your original comments. Now I know that I am not going crazy :)

I'm still trying to figure out how he gave televised interviews if he was incarcerated. :waitasec:

Welcome back Sapphire!!!!

It is a common pressure tactic in police interrogations to tell someone that they have proof that person committed the crime. Sometimes it is phrased as a direct accusation, sometimes it is phrased as a question, for example "why do you think a witness saw you at the scene of the crime?"

The police are allowed to lie during interrogations (but not about anyone's rights).

That is very different from the police saying someone is a suspect or person of interest in a crime. I can think of several cases where a family member was told that police had some sort of evidence against them and in the end, the family turned out to be not guilty.

Not untwisting my comments..untwisting what people were making of my comments is what I had to do.

Not untwisting my comments..untwisting what people were making of my comments is what I had to do.

I don't think anyone twisted your comments. I don't want to argue semantics, but it is pretty hard to twist what you said. Your post states that the police said that they think a specific person did it and is in jail now for 40 years.

The guy the police said they think did it is definitely IN jail now, and not getting out for at least 40 years no matter what anyway. Anybody else could be an accomplice I guess.

We all know what you meant now, but I think it is pretty clear based on the above statement why things went a little haywire.

Interviews, Interviews with sex offenders & poly's were many the first 5 days according to the timeline. jmo

I noticed that too! The interviews with sex offenders is what caught my eye - stating that they were basically taking place every day...however within the first 48 hours Abben had reported that all RSO's were "cleared".

So either Abben reported in error, or the area expanded daily on how far out the area of offenders they were interviewing. Maybe he meant the 10 locals had been cleared and they just kept widening their mileage of the areas "cleared".

I still hold strong on my opinion that anyone who was already on the registry likely didn't commit this. Quick DNA check would have had a hit on anyone in a database who is currently in there. I also don't think anyone who is on the registry would leave behind the girls clothing as it would be like leaving your picture right there at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46