CANADA Canada - Isabelle Brooks, 72, Markham ON, 4 March 1972

tarabull

Life is a puzzle.
Reaction score
Case #: 1972-2956
Date: March 4, 1972

Summary: 68-year-old Isabelle Brooks was last seen at her residence located at the southwest corner of Highway #7 and the 10th Concession in the Town of Markham by her husband Aubrey Brooks. He told police that Isabelle was leaving the residence and would be back in approximately one week. Isabelle Brooks was believed to be last wearing a bandanna-type scarf, and a black or maroon coat. She is reported to have left the residence on foot. Isabelle Brooks has never been located, and due to the circumstances of her disappearance, it is believed that she met foul play.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the York Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 1-866-876-5423 x 7865, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text a tip by sending TIPYORK and a message to CRIMES (274637).

http://www.yrp.ca/coldcases.aspx

Did the husband give any details as to where Isabelle was going for that week? To visit a family member, perhaps? Did they ever talk to that person to see if there even were any plans for a visit at that time?

Also, it says she left on foot. Is anyone here familiar with the area where Isabelle lived? Would it even have been an option to go anywhere on foot from her home, perhaps to a bus or train station? I know it may be hard to say at this point, since undoubtedly the area has changed greatly in the decades since her disappearance.

If Isabelle were truly leaving the house on foot intending to be gone for a week, she would have been carrying a suitcase; I can't quite recall when the rolling ones came about, but it definitely wasn't in the '70s. Thus it would have been quite some trouble for her to get to wherever she were going with her belongings.

Good questions and observations.

As for the luggage -- if she was going to someplace she visited frequently, such as a relative's, she might keep some clothing and such there, in which case she wouldn't need to carry much. The large totes that older women like to carry -- then and now -- usually have plenty of room for basic cosmetics, a nightgown, changes of socks and underwear, maybe a clean shirt. It would be useful to know if she carried that kind of bag, or had a suitcase or duffel, or what.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2005006799&id=16

Is there any way that this UID could be connected? The age is a bit on the young side, but so little to work with, the forensics may no be too exact.

Also, the location of the UID, while not too close to York Region, is not inconceivably far, either. Also, with it being so long ago, perhaps the clothing descriptions are a bit off?

Canada's Missing | Case details

Is there any way that this UID could be connected? The age is a bit on the young side, but so little to work with, the forensics may no be too exact.

Also, the location of the UID, while not too close to York Region, is not inconceivably far, either. Also, with it being so long ago, perhaps the clothing descriptions are a bit off?
Could maybe be Isabelle. She was my husband's Grandmother. Her disappearance isn't talked about, but it was said that she left on foot to visit her sister. Possibly by bus, I believe her sister lived in England. The only one to see her leave was her husband. My husband was born in '72 which is the same year she went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back