1308 users online (261 members and 1047 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OK - Cleveland Horse Burned With Acid

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_n...cid?hpt=ju_bn5

Investigators are looking into claims a Pawnee County woman's animals have been the target of brutal attacks.

Carol Linville said early Monday morning she found her 14-year-old Quarter Horse "Magic" badly burned with acid.

"It's horrendous," Linville said. "I've never seen an animal in this condition."

Linville's veterinarian said the burn is treatable, but the horse owner has her concerns.

"I'm thinking that we would be more humane to put him down because of his age and because of the duration that it would take to heal him," Linville said.

Linville said this is actually the third time in recent weeks her animals have been attacked.

Around Christmas someone poisoned one of her dogs, which later died, she said. And last week, Linville said one of her cows was shot and killed.

The Oklahoma Department of Agriculture and the Pawnee County Sheriff's Office are investigating.

In the meantime, Linville has some strong words for the attacker.

"I think they're sick. I think they're criminally ill. I hope that they're caught," she said.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Department of Agriculture's cruelty tip line at (405) 522-6120.

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz2I3vf4ucb
    I sure hope they catch whoever did this.

That poor horse! (and the other animals she lost)....so cruel and sick!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

No words. Someone seems to have opened Evil Cave and let all the demons out.

I can't even begin to think about a burn on a horse...such a painful wound to recover from...let alone the fact that this poor woman seems to be targeted.

I would be on patrol with my own gun and dogs each and every night...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.