1555 users online (252 members and 1303 guests)  

Websleuths News

Mass. principal suspended 2 days for violent video

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read....org%3E&ps=931

EVERETT, Mass. (AP) — The principal of a Massachusetts high school was suspended Tuesday for two days without pay for appearing in a spoof of "The Terminator" movies that was shown to students, which some people thought was inappropriate.

Everett High School Principal Erick Naumann, as well as the teacher who made the video, received equal punishments, the office of Superintendent Frederick Foresteire confirmed. Naumann could have been fired.

The video was a way for the new principal to introduce himself to students. It shows him walking through the empty school dressed in dark sunglasses and a leather jacket, similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the movies, and terrorizing a woman. The video was interspersed with scenes from the movies, including a burning playground and explosions. When a teacher asks the principal what has happened to everyone, Naumann replies that they have been "naumannated."..........more at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

First impressions are everything. Duh

The thing that got me was this:

Some said the parody was inappropriate and too violent in light of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., which occurred just weeks before the video was shown.
    You would think a new principal would think twice before showing the video after Newtown....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I wonder if he was trying to be "cool" for the kids. It backfired.

He sounds like kind of a cool principal for a high school. I don't think his 'joke' introduction has anything to do with the mass shootings in Conn. I think he was a victim of overly sensitized political correctness, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I read the article to my high school senior and she said he sounded really cool, like he was trying to connect with his students. She was upset that he got in trouble for it.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."