Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bob Harrod's SAR thread

Welcome, here's the first post on the new thread, everyone!

ETA: If you don't count the mod, of course.

Disappeared, Investigation Discovery Network, will be airing Mr Harrod's story on February 18, 2013 9PM ET/PT.

Just in case you missed that from the previous discussion. :rocker:

Zwiebel's Hard Questions Summary:

There are some hard questions around the events surrounding the day of Bob's disappearance, imo;

1) Why didn't the first family member to realise Bob was missing wait in Bob's house to see if he returned and/or notify family and authorities - while he was still in the house - that Bob was missing?

2) Did the first family member to realise Bob was missing ask the CL if Bob had given her any clues that he might be going anywhere?

3) Why didn't any of Bob's bio family, who lived in the same state, report him missing?

4) Why did Bob's bio family wait 10 hours to inform Bob's wife that he was missing (from the LE-report)?

5) Why did the son of the first person to notice Bob had gone missing, wait for LE before entering Bob's house?

6) Why did the wife of the first person to notice Bob had gone missing, enter the house without LE the next day?

7) The first person to notice Bob was missing did not return next day to finish the house repairs because Bob was missing. Why did his wife return there to change the linens?

8) Why didn't every member of Bob's immediate family undertake a full-scale search of the local area for him, the next day?

9) Who was responsible for telling LE that Bob might have had dementia and wandered off, or might have got cold feet over his recent marriage and run away?

10) Who was responsible for the original description of what Bob was wearing?

11) Has everybody close to this case been asked to take a lie detector test, and have they done so?

12) Is PPD happy with all the co-operation and information they have been given in this case?

13) Is everyone close to the case happy with all the co-operation and information they have provided to LE, in this case?

14) Has anyone close to this case threatened or tried to obstruct anyone asking questions about it?

The animated welfare check conversation that was going on:

According to LE reports:

Approx 21.00 hrs, FH informed by JuM Bob is missing.

21.32 hrs, Welfare check with AH

22.00 hrs, An LE officer was 'called to the front desk' to investigate missing person.
I was going to point out the clarity of that bit of the timeline. Within 32 minutes of Mrs Harrod finding out her husband is missing, LE are on his doorstep.

Compared to;
11.00 hrs (according to report) Bob is noticed to be missing by family
21.00 hrs, they let his wife know.
Time they notified LE, if indeed they did, is unknown.
"AH explained to me that he had a key to his grandfather's residence and wanted officers to check the interior of Robert's home with him"

From LE report. I don't think LE called AH either. Or why would he have needed to explain why he was waiting on the driveway for them?
Note, the earlier part doesn't say he arrived to meet them. He was already waiting there. With a key. With his grandfather possibly lying injured inside.

ETA: Waiting outside on the driveway.
Yes. See this is one of the places I get hung up.

So someone called AH.
Or AH was already there after getting a phone call not from the PPD or FH?

Do ya'll see how this is falling apart here?? Or am I insane??

I didnt attribute the posts, and I hope that is OK. It is really worth reading all of the other thread, fwiw, to give you the same sense of shock that hit me.

Time to start copying tags too, everyone...I could only add 20.

So do I need to change the color of the font on this sign of Bob?? Something that is easier to read??

Thanks believe. Couldn't work out how to bring a post with me.

So do I need to change the color of the font on this sign of Bob?? Something that is easier to read??

Maybe something darker? The colour of your Sky sig looks good to me. That's darker, for anyone with visual problems.

I dont know what to say about the direction we were going.

Tomorrow there is another hearing. Just to bring folks up to speed, the Minute order from the latest trial is HERE.

The transcript of the original Disappeared Teaser is HERE

The name of the show at that time was Sign of Trouble. I think it has now been changed to Long Lost Love.

Brown is fine for me. Your sig sign is quite easily read.

Not everyone has the same sort of visual impairment. Normally I hate to ask anyone to change their behaviour to accommodate my disability but every time I have spoken up about it (less than 5 times, I think) I get thanks from people who have the same problem with red and yellow print that I do, so I think it must not be that unusual.

There is something about red in print that almost vibrates to my eyes, which contributes to the usual level of blurriness.

I am so grateful to you for being willing to accommodate me. You have my sincerest thanks.

I dont know what to say about the direction we were going.

Tomorrow there is another hearing. Just to bring folks up to speed, the Minute order from the latest trial is HERE.

Carrying on with that direction, there is something else I think we have overlooked a bit in the police report, because we have always concentrated on AH revealing the 'family fighting'.

But if you're looking for a documented source for who might have been responsible for first telling police Bob was capable of leaving without his car ..................AH is centre stage again.

"AH said his grandfather probably left to get away from the family problems. He provided no further information."

Note: '....provided no further information.'
So AH didn't mention Bob had bad knees and never walked far.

"That my note was to be forgiven on his death or...." (AH, deposition. Sentence left unfinished by AH)

Bob disappeared July 27th, 2009.

AH ceased repayments on the 'note' Bob held in August, 2009.

Not too many threads ago, I recall we had a discussion here about the location of the heated/NOT heated family meeting on 26th July, 2009

There was some confusion about whether it took place at AH's house or not.

AH stated he last saw Bob a week before he disappeared, making it the 19th/20th July. And that he (AH) did not attend the family meeting. (AH deposition)

So the family meeting couldn't have taken place at AH's house, could it?

I think, just to refine the discussion, that the meeting definitely took place at Bob's house. My curiosity was whether or not the family adjourned to AH's house afterwards. The terms of the trust were clearer-JuM was out as a ttee and PB/RB in. AH likely found out that he was left 10K in a personal bequest of his GF, and nothing else. Nothing. Out of a multi million dollar estate. No documentation of any forgiveness in the trust.

I mean AH changed his name-clearly he admired his GF.

But I digress-so did the family head to AH's house to regroup or did they head their separate ways? I mean the shock of finding out that Bob's wife would be added to the estate, and the heated argument about money....I cant imagine they just went their own ways to absorb all of it, but it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie