Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

Sierra LaMar Suspect Under Surveillance Before Arrest

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread#10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19

amanda reckonwith's photobucket link:http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-/

presser video thank you Jetaime!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ7QUWlHSeQ&feature=youtu.be

Did I read correctly that the perp previously worked in the Safeway meat department?

I wonder how Safeway disposed of the meat/butcher department's waste?

I haven't heard AGT worked in the meat department. He was a bagger and moved up to a cashier.

Garcia Torres' sisters said school never topped his interests, though like a former teacher said, it wasn't for a lack of aptitude. By the time he got to Live Oak High School, his focus was on his job at the Safeway on Tennant Avenue -- the site of his Monday arrest -- where he quickly moved up from bagger to cashier and displayed his well-known gift for gab.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20694505/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

Safeway would be very chancey, I would think. Sierra lived out in the middle of nowhere, but Safeway was in town. He does seem like a person of habit though...but this time he picked his prey where he would not be seen.

He seems to use Safeway as a base for his crimes. He had to have stalked her before and noticed she was at that bus stop in the fields prior to the crime. I just don't see him bringing a dead body back to the Safeway in town. I trust your instincts, Steve...you may have hit it. He could have dumped at night...

Did we ever hear how he was connected to Sierra's neighborhood? There has to be some kind of reason he was out there. Once I heard scrap metal. Did he have relatives out there or a job out there? There were several businesses located on private property right on her street...one being on the land her mother and her BF rented, behind the house. It is an export/import type of business.

Work...AGT routinely drove past where Sierra was last seen.

His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators. He told his mother the day police seized his red Volkswagen Jetta that he swore he never met her, much less kidnapped and killed her.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20694505/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

Bumping the new thread. Please continue here.

I am still absolutely convinced he stashed Sierra somehow in connection with beloved mother ship, Safeway. While I concur it is highly trafficked, there are still places he would have know that could have been "hiding places". At least long enough to dispose of her. Old Steve is most likely right with the dumpster theory. I still can't shake this image of a freezer though. Not sure why.

His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators. He told his mother the day police seized his red Volkswagen Jetta that he swore he never met her, much less kidnapped and killed her.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...Sierra went missing been checked?[/I][/I][/B]

I am still absolutely convinced he stashed Sierra somehow in connection with beloved mother ship, Safeway. While I concur it is highly trafficked, there are still places he would have know that could have been "hiding places". At least long enough to dispose of her. Old Steve is most likely right with the dumpster theory. I still can't shake this image of a freezer though. Not sure why.

We think alike!
Also, considering he purchased bleach and a turkey baster ahead of time (I don't like even writing that) - it shows planning and as such I don't think this is like cases in which the abducts, rapes, and quickly discards his victim. Instead, his purchases before the crime shows he had planned something, and I believe he wanted to keep for many hours or more.
Perhaps he planted juicy bag by the shed hoping LE would spend time tearing it apart while he had her someplace else - too bad they never as far as we know had tracking dogs checkout the Safeway.

We think alike!
Also, considering he purchased bleach and a turkey baster ahead of time (I don't like even writing that) - it shows planning and as such I don't think this is like cases in which the abducts, rapes, and quickly discards his victim. Instead, his purchases before the crime shows he had planned something, and I believe he wanted to keep for many hours or more.
Perhaps he planted juicy bag by the shed hoping LE would spend time tearing it apart while he had her someplace else - too bad they never as far as we know had tracking dogs checkout the Safeway.

I hadn't heard about the bleach and the turkey baster. I guess they have determined that it was not bought for his mom or wife? What in the world would a perp do with bleach and a turkey baster?

There must be an accomplice

IMHO, if there had been an accomplice, that person would have flipped on AGT by now. I am sure the DA agrees this crime was committed by one person, who has been appropriately charged.

AGT's next court appearance to plead is February 4, 2013. Wonder how many continuances will occur this year?

I hadn't heard about the bleach and the turkey baster. I guess they have determined that it was not bought for his mom or wife? What in the world would a perp do with bleach and a turkey baster?

Getting rid of dna inside a body cavity? I am trying to be gentle....

When this first happened a FBI agent said he believed she knew her attacker ..asked why he said because her scent stopped at her driveway. That she must have known the person and got into the vehicle. No sign of struggle. When you are at her home and looking around if there had been a struggle you would think sombody would have seen of herd it. Then there is the phone found not far away .. then down that road a mile is the clothes..
We have NOT been told everything and I will tell you why. There are cameras all over the place. Such as, There was cameras on the school bus. If he got on the freeway they know it because there are cameras there. If he was witnessed in her neighborhood then they have that witness and it will be kept quiet until trial. There is something missing from the story and I think it is a person. Anyways, we keep searching. Went back to the beginning and started over 2 weeks ago now. The mind tends to wander but we will not give up.

IMHO, if there had been an accomplice, that person would have flipped on AGT by now. I am sure the DA agrees this crime was committed by one person, who has been appropriately charged.

AGT's next court appearance to plead is February 4, 2013. Wonder how many continuances will occur this year?

Hopefully this no-plea nonsense STOPS this year. I feel this is very disrespectful to Sierra and her family. AGT can only run so far. The judge needs to stop this game he's playing. I don't believe in the "defense hasn't had to time to review the case" BS anymore. Is there enough evidence that he's waiting to cop a deal? Otherwise, why not plead not guilty like every other criminial in the universe? Not likely he's going to plead guilty after all this hooey so why waste all that time not pleading?

O/T but Sierra was on the front page of my local coupon ads today :(

Can't believe it will be one year soon that she's been missing.

When was the information about the turkey baster released and by whom? I did not see that into in any of the court documents. Have the police confirmed this information?
Regardless, everyone probably purchases something at the grocery store on every visit that could be construed as nefarious under the circumstances. He did fish frequently and many people grill fish, so it is possible that the Turkey baster could have been intended for marinating the fish.

When was the information about the turkey baster released and by whom? I did not see that into in any of the court documents. Have the police confirmed this information?
Regardless, everyone probably purchases something at the grocery store on every visit that could be construed as nefarious under the circumstances. He did fish frequently and many people grill fish, so it is possible that the Turkey baster could have been intended for marinating the fish.

Turkey Baster and Bleach:

Among the other police report findings:

•Torres worked at a Safeway, and the police reports indicate that he used his grocery store club card three days before Sierra disappeared to buy 1.5 gallons of bleach and a turkey baster. How those items are relevant to her disappearance were not spelled out.

•Torres did not work on the two days of the attempted March 19 and 26 carjackings in 2009.

•Torres was transferred from the Tennant Station Way and 840 E. Dunne Avenue on July 5 2009. He was a courtesy clerk and checker and was ultimately fired on Oct. 20, 2010.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-Charged-in-2009-Cases-183212051.html

Do we know why he was fired from his "mother ship" Safeway? I'm sure his world crumbled as it seemed to be he center of his life.

I think calling it the mothership is overblown ... he shopped and worked there and attempted assaults in the car park of two different stores. The simplest explanation here is that he was familiar with it and he could get to it. Given his low economic status the likelihood is he did not have a car at the time of the assaults, especially given he was trying to get into a car and one might presume his overarching goal may have been to get his victim away in their own vehicle. By the time he got to Sierra, he had a car, and he used a car in a location not associated with Safeway to commit his crime. Safeway is simply convenient.

What a beautiful girl !
:(
It's so sad these little angels lights go dim .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth