OK OK - Glenda Nivens Jones, 40, Tahlequah, 8 April 1980

monkalup

Former member
Reaction score
Glenda Darlene Nivens Jones was born in Hale Center Texas in 1939 or 1094. She was murdered in Tahlequah, OK on Sleep Hollow Road in April 1979.
At the time, Ms. Jones owned 90 head of beef cattle, had several young children. She was married to Frank Jones. ( Her brother was a Ja. A. Nivens)She was discovered by one of her daughters, murdered, in one of the outbuildings on her own property. The case has never been solved, and her daughters still seek answers. Any information anyone has will be greatly appreciated. any old news articles, anything at all...
Many thanks, Lauran

Only one match, Lauran

Glenda Darlene Nivens

Burial record, and it shows April 1980.
Exact link

Right click and hit save as, as it's a pdf format.
That's all I could find on the net. Will e-mail you some research links.

Blessings, Lanie

KatherineQ said:
I found this in public records on Google - looks like she married a man named Claude Wayne Teague in 1966.

Don't know if that's helpful at all, but maybe Lynn County may have other records for her that might help.

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/tx/lynn/vitals/marriages/lynn66.txt

Yes, that's her! thanks so much. That's more info than her daughter actually had, though she thought she might have been married to a Teague, we never knew the rest of the name. Thank you again!

WasBlind said:
Only one match, Lauran

Glenda Darlene Nivens

Burial record, and it shows April 1980.
Exact link

Right click and hit save as, as it's a pdf format.
That's all I could find on the net. Will e-mail you some research links.

Blessings, Lanie

Thank you, Lanie. My friend was only 11, and was immediatley removed from the family there. So this info was invaluable, as we did not know even where she was buried. I imagine the delay was because it was a murder case. it remains unsolved, but at least my friend now knows where to go to visit her mother. Thank you again!

Hi Monkalup - I found a couple more things, but I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate to post it on a public board so I sent it to you in PM.

Hope she is able to resolve this -

Vintage MSM, from May 1984:

http://newsok.com/murder-suspects-hearing-continued/article/2067087

Assistant District Attorney John Butler said testimony Friday showed the woman was strangled and possibly raped. Authorities said she had also been beaten about the head.

He said Police Officer Marty Cox testified about a yellow pocket knife found in the woman's bedroom that allegedly belonged to Garner. Cox testified Garner spoke with him the morning after the slaying and mentioned he had lost his knife...

The victim's nude body was found April 8, 1980, stuffed head-first into the pumping compartment of the well house at her rural residence in the Steeley Hollow community, northeast of here.

http://newsok.com/evidence-fails-to-support-charge/article/2069269

Charges of first-degree murder against "Lucky" Edward Garner, 27, were dismissed by Associate District Judge Lynn Burris, during Garner's preliminary hearing Tuesday in Cherokee County district court.

Garner had been accused of the April, 1980, strangulation death of 41-year-old Glenda Jones, a resident of nearby Steeley Hollow.

Assistant District Attorney John Butler said that a former agent of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, who had conducted a search of the suspect's home with a search warrant, apparently misplaced the document and that without it "we had an illegal search."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back