978 users online (213 members and 765 guests)  

Websleuths News

Vegas woman who couldn't stop growing dies at 34

LAS VEGAS (AP) — As a teenager growing up in Las Vegas, Tanya Angus strutted along fashion runways. She was 5 feet 8 inches tall.

But at the time of her death Monday, the 34-year-old Angus stood 7 feet 2 inches and weighed about 400 pounds. She was a victim of a rare disorder called acromegaly that wouldn't let her stop growing. In children the condition is known as gigantism.

"`Mom, I don't know why I got it,'" Karen Strutynski recalled her daughter saying. "`But I guess God decided that I could handle it.'"

Handle it she did — by appearing on television specials and in the news, and talking about the condition that left her face misshapen and gave her chronic growing pains......more at link...........

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

On Battleship Hill
    What a brave, brave young woman. RIP Tanya Angus
    England's dancing days are done...

Here's a picture of her when she was a model. Beautiful woman inside and out!

^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^

Penn's woods
    Rest in peace.

My daughters were upset by this news. They had watched her give an interview on the Dr. Oz show not too long ago. They said they found her inspirational.