1008 users online (197 members and 811 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Kalie Boehmer, 3 mos, died of abuse, dad charged, 11 Dec 2012

Jamie and Melissa Hope have been foster parents to 2-year-old Aveaha since February 2011. The state took the child from her biological mother, Tiffany Tucker, in 2011 after a family friend who was worried about the girl’s safety called Aberdeen police.

The couple wanted to bring Aveaha’s little sister into their family, but in August they learned Tucker had told authorities she wanted Kevin Boehmer, who she believed to be the baby’s father, to take her.

On Sept. 4, Boehmer showed up at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tacoma and was given custody of newborn Kalie. No paternity test was performed. He simply had to pass a criminal background check. Within three days, Boehmer took Kalie with him to Jamestown, Calif., about two hours east of Sacramento.

“It’s surreal first of all that we give the child without any question, especially in a case of a mother that has so much history with the system,” said Jamie Hope. “Do you know how many visits they made to our home before we were placed with a child, but they didn’t even check to see if he had an address?”

Read more at http://q13fox.com/2013/01/16/inmates...3q8Al31QYBS.99

How sad..I don't even no what to say! Went and got this precious baby only to take her life,I hope karma sneaks up on him behind those bars!

I can't believe they just handed him the baby without any home visits, inspection. Poor baby.

Is this any different than a hosp? Under normal circumstances a woman goes to the hospital and has a baby. No background check is done. She takes the baby home even if she has a history of an abusive or neglectful mother....... unless she shows some type of injurious behavior while on hosp. property and then she is referred for investigation.

In this case the child was given to the person purported to be the child's father. A father is normally given the same rights as the mother unless there is some history of child abuse or failure to care for children. The child was given to the man offered as the child's father.

Under other circumstances if a mother is sent to jail, as the mother she is the one to say who cares for her children while she is incarcerated. She might decide on the child's father, her mother or other relative or a friend.

So I don't see how the state is culpable in this.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

someone failed this baby. Personally I think it's both parents.

Mom obviously is not much in the making good decisions department (she's incarcerated and displayed bad parenting prior to that)

She does not seem to have been any better at chosing who to make a baby with if she selected dad (waste of skin)

Dad was no sort of dad

Poor punkin.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

I wonder if he was he on the birth certificate ?

I honestly think the hospital social worker,DHS,or hospital itself should have demanded DNA be done, considering the past abuse and trouble this lady has already been in.To me she lost her rights when she got locked up for beating her other children.The foster mom said they didn't even check for an address on him,i wonder if they really did a background check? If he was there to get her pregnant was he there while the abuse of the other children was going on?

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    The Garden State
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
    I can't believe they just handed him the baby without any home visits, inspection. Poor baby.
    Sadly I can believe it across the USA Has any state agency ever saved a child? I really wonder!
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

From July 2013:

The Jamestown man who plead guilty to causing his three-month-old daughter’s death was sentenced yesterday, July 29, in Tuolumne County Superior Court. 26-year-old Kevin Michael Boehmer was sentenced to 19 years and four months in prison...

DA Knowles says they identified three injuries that were counted as separate events which contributed to the three felony charges. Those events were; a broken leg, broken ribs, and brain injuries, considered blunt force trauma, caused by rapid movement usually from shaking an infant.