Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #9 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
memorial video posted by member britskate on the last thread:

[video=youtube;Q07NxRGYfSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07NxRGYfSg[/video]

Continue the trial discussion here.

Reminder: No name calling or variations of names (this INCLUDES the defendant). Also: do NOT attack one another. Please post responsibly

I carried my post over from last thread as it was being closed:
Could somebody tell me what the state is seeking against JA. What is the jury able to decide on also, any links would be appreciated. Thank you!!! I know they are going after the DP but is there just first degree murder or any other possibilities? TIA

Ewww just seen the pic of JA's lady garden while eating a tuna fish sandwich. LIfe will never be the same again.

What is seen cannot be unseen. yuck

video of yesterday (trial day 8) is now posted on the media thread if anyone missed any of the testimony yesterday

I brought this post over because I wanted to address it.

Nurmi: The times you're going on these dates did he also tell you he was dating Jodi Arias?
Mimi: No. I had no idea.
Nurmi: Did he tell you he was having sexual relations with Jodi Arias?
Mimi: No.
Nurni: Okay. Um - what he did it seem - seemingly told you - and I'm not gonna ask what he exactly what he said - but it was during a camping trip if I recall correctly he uh told you he had a stalker. It was at this camping trip in Prescott. Right?
Mimi: Yeah, yeah. He didn't say a name at all but he, when we were camping we were having breakfast with a couple of friends, and he uh he told me at that point that he had a stalker and that she had actually followed us on a date and she knew who I was. And I told him that that was really scary and that he should get a restraining order. And so.
Nurmi: And you say that uh he didn't tell you - that he didn't say this was Jodi, right?
Mimi: No. He didn't say who it was.
(Looking at page 6 of a transcript. Reading to herself.)
Mimi: This is um...
Nurmi: Huh - No! Ma'am, I didn't ask a question. May I approach your honor?
(inaudible)
Nurmi: Well let me ask you this - you you and I kind of interrupted you - you said you gave him the advice this that he should seek a restraining order against this stalker.
Mimi: Yes.
Nurmi: And you expressed to him that you were scared of this stalker, right?
Mimi: I'm scared of any stalker. It's not something you want to (coughing - can't hear response)
Nurmi: That's well this - and to your knowledge did he ever seek out a restraining order?
Mimi: Not to my knowledge, no. He told me not to be afraid.
Nurmi: Okay. And is it your testimony that he never said the stalker was Jodi Arias that is your testimony?
Mimi: That's - from what I can remember - I don't remember him ever saying the time I remembered hearing the name Jodi and it could have been then but the time I actually recall the name Jodi was the night that we found him. At his house.
Nurmi: Okay. Thank you Ms. Hall

Incidentally she mentions Travis was a persistent personality but very respectful of her just wanting to be friends. (Ha! I've been at this so long I don't remember why I was doing it!)

When the DT domestic violence expert takes the stand this would be a perfect opportunity for Martinez to ask the expert on cross why a lot of victims do not call the police or take out a RO when they have a stalker/DV abuser and ask her why.

imo

Good morning....i just have to say that Juror questions upset me terribly yesterday. I am no longer sure I can get invested in this trial and then find out some the Pinellas 12 moved to Arizona and they manage somehow to acquit this murderer. No one is worse that Casey for staring in Caylee's beautiful little face and duct taping her mouth and dumping her and partying for 31 days, no one. But JA is a real close second! She slaughtered TA. I felt sick yesterday and today I feel the same. We need some encouragement here. I do not care how well the DA are supposed to do their job. They cannot allow her to walk free and do this again. Please!

So last night I was watching the 48 Hours special "Picture Perfect" about JA.
I couldn't help but notice that Ryan Burns has put on a LOT of weight since they met in 2008. He is almost unrecognizable.
ryanburns1_zps150f1747.jpg

ryanburns2_zps1458f89d.jpg

ryanburns3_zps8ce0196d.jpg

Good morning everyone! I just read 'katiecoolady' thread, she was in court yesterday and she made the following observation: none of the jurors ever looked at JA. It seems to me that JA is constantly looking over at the jury when she is in court or maybe trying to get their attention so they can see that she is the victim and/or maybe she wants to see if she can read their body language during testimony, does anyone think the same?

Good morning....i just have to say that Juror questions upset me terribly yesterday. I am no longer sure I can get invested in this trial and then find out some the Pinellas 12 moved to Arizona and they manage somehow to acquit this murderer. No one is worse that Casey for staring in Caylee's beautiful little face and duct taping her mouth and dumping her and partying for 31 days, no one. But JA is a real close second! She slaughtered TA. I felt sick yesterday and today I feel the same. We need some encouragement here. I do not care how well the DA are supposed to do their job. They cannot allow her to walk free and do this again. Please!

Trials can be draining to follow that's for sure. I know the CA verdict was beyond shocking and I think has us Trial watchers on high alert with Jury's. There is a ways to go yet. The evidence is there. It's not complicated or subjective for this Jury. In my mind there will be a conviction. I think my biggest question is will she get the needle? As long as she is put away for life I can live with that. IMO

So last night I was watching the 48 Hours special "Picture Perfect" about JA.
I couldn't help but notice that Ryan Burns has put on a LOT of weight since they met in 2008. He is almost unrecognizable.
ryanburns1_zps150f1747.jpg

ryanburns2_zps1458f89d.jpg

ryanburns3_zps8ce0196d.jpg

Perhaps his wife is a wonderful cook?:seeya:

i'm trying not to spaz out too much but they bothered me too. what i worry about is some juror making up their own case here instead of believing the actual evidence put before them. we've seen it happen before with KC----that jury concocted a story that had absolutely no basis in fact.

surely they have to see her for what she is, i tell myself! she's not protecting an accomplice. she'd throw her own mother under the bus to get out of this. she ADMITS she did it. that's what they need to remember.

i think we're all snakebit from the anthony case. if that happens again here, i give up on the jury system.

Wow good to see you katiecoolady :seeya: I remember you and Jordy from the Peterson Trial. IIRC were you both or one of you put on the witness list due to that cement bag photo at the house? Can you or one of the locals who attended Court answer a question please? How close is JA to the Jurors. What view do they have of her? Interested as she always seems to turn to her right and let her hair block views of her to her left. TIA

Good morning all.

I have a question. I got an email from the crime examiner and its titled "Man who dated JA not shocked by TA's murder"

Is it ok for me to link?

I hope court is a full day today, they pick it up a notch and don't allow it to drag too much, don't want to tire these jurors. Does anyone know if there is going to be a mistrial hearing this morning?

Greetings to all. This is my first post, so please bear with me. I've been following the Arias trial since day one and think she's guilty as sin as well as being a pathological liar. None of her three alibi stories (1. She wasn't there, 2. Ninjas killed Travis, 3. Self-defense) add up to any semblance of truth. (Well, except that the woman ninja was probably Jodi herself projecting her actions onto a fictional character.)

What stands out for me (and hopefully the jurors in this case) is the photographic evidence and her bloody hand print on the wall. Irrefutably, that's her DNA mixed with his. According to her ninja story, neither of the two intruders cut her, so there is no other reason for her blood to be there unless she was cut with her own knife while slashing Travis.

I think, and this is JIMHO, that his murder was the result of him telling her this was the LAST time they would 'get together.' I have no proof, obviously, but it makes as much sense as him telling her she wasn't going to Cancun with him. Maybe he said both things. At any rate, she went into a rage and slaughtered him brutally. She knew exactly what she was doing, especially with the cover-up afterwards.

I'm glad the jurors are asking questions. Sounds to me like they are trying to eliminate every possible excuse or suspect, which means they are actually thinking. Unlike the jurors who should have seen justice done in the CMA case. Again, just my humble opinion.

Good morning all.

I have a question. I got an email from the crime examiner and its titled "Man who dated JA not shocked by TA's murder"

Is it ok for me to link?

Best to ask a mod as I'm not sure if Crime Examiner is considered MSM. Not familiar with it.

IS, Beth Karas reported that someone in the courtroom with a closer look at the jurors told her that one juror rolled their eyes and another had a smirk, when viewing the monitors during the interrogation of JA and DT Flores, maybe because of all the lies.... hmmmm, hopefully this is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member