Found Deceased TN - Harry Rosenberg, 82, Johnson County, 13 Jan 2013

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/Officers-seek-missing-Tenn-man-id-010190

Originally published: 2013-01-17 08:57:14
Last modified: 2013-01-17 08:57:14

Officers seek missing Tenn. man

trfuz_____Missing_TN_man_km.jpg

Johnson County man still missing
http://www.wcyb.com/news/Johnson-County-Man-still-missing/-/14590844/18206830/-/shj6tn/-/index.html

Oh my, this doesn't sound good. There was a snowstorm in the mean time and according to the first article posted the people searching the forest from the North-Carolina side of the forest, were hindered by heavy rain and flooding. If he really went into that forest his chances of surviving are very little. How sad. I hope he went somewhere else and the only problem is that person who found him just haven't quiet figured out his identity yet.

This is so sad. I think in order to keep them safe it would be helpful to let people with Alzheimer's and dementia wear some jewelry, like bracelet/watch or something else equipped with GPS chip to make them traceable in case they get lost. I once read over some kind of shoes in which something like that were built in. Of course, if they would take their bracelet/watch/shoes of, they still wouldn't be traceable, but still it would be worth to try. I also think that the breach of their privacy would outweigh the reward of being able to find them soon and potentially alive. I don't think someone would follow all they movement day and night anyway, they would be traced only in case they would go missing.
I hope Harry went to a totally different direction and found food and shelter and is still safe, but unfortunately I think the chance of that is very slim. IMO

My mom died of this disease, it's wretched. I've noticed if there is water around, they always go in that direction, I have no idea why.

Yes, there are GPS shoes, but they're $300 and there is an additional $20 per month fee to keep the monitoring in place. If someone's planned well that's fine, but in many cases the dementia isn't diagnosed until after the person has made many bad financial judgments, like cashing in their retirement account and buying something big, so the cost is prohibitive for many people. I'm hoping it'll come down in a few years.

A lot of this is caregiver denial and hoping nothing will happen too. Not saying particularly in this case, but I was accused of being "overdramatic" when I had a door put in with a lock my mom couldn't reach to keep her off the basement steps and away from the back door in case I was sleeping and she got up. I was terrified she would wander or hurt herself, but there were some nights I was so exhausted I would fall into a heavy sleep.

My mom died of this disease, it's wretched. I've noticed if there is water around, they always go in that direction, I have no idea why.

Yes, there are GPS shoes, but they're $300 and there is an additional $20 per month fee to keep the monitoring in place. If someone's planned well that's fine, but in many cases the dementia isn't diagnosed until after the person has made many bad financial judgments, like cashing in their retirement account and buying something big, so the cost is prohibitive for many people. I'm hoping it'll come down in a few years.

A lot of this is caregiver denial and hoping nothing will happen too. Not saying particularly in this case, but I was accused of being "overdramatic" when I had a door put in with a lock my mom couldn't reach to keep her off the basement steps and away from the back door in case I was sleeping and she got up. I was terrified she would wander or hurt herself, but there were some nights I was so exhausted I would fall into a heavy sleep.

I'm sorry for your loss, Michmi!
I had no idea those shoes cost that much as I only remembered reading something about their existence.
I wasn't blaming anyone who doesn't give a tracking device of any form to their loved ones.
I was only thinking in terms of what could prevent tragedies like people are going missing and found to late or never found at all.
I just wish some tracking bracelet/watch/shoes or whatever else of this kind would be standard practice and I sure wish that those were affordable to everybody.

And yet govt agencies pay for GPS ankle bracelets to track of Parolees but not our aged parents, grandparents and other loved ones... Sometimes our society makes no sense to me at all....

Only a very few communities even have a plan for mobilizing when a senior wanders away. Some more progressive communities will give a tracking bracelet to families and pay the fees--very, very few. It is sad.

And there truly is NO logical way to figure where they would go. Even if they know they don't recognize anything they keep walking hoping to come upon something they recognize.

This poor man, it just kills me that he was out there by himself. He was probably so scared. Although I will hope someone took him in, I do fear he is no longer with us.

According to the Facebook site, ParaSearchers are helping in the search.

NOV 8, 2021
Johnson Co. Sheriff: Human remains found IDed as man reported missing in 2013 | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
[...]

A release from the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office states that in May 2020, human remains were found in a wooded area off of Gentry Creek Road.

Those remains were positively identified by DNA to have belonged to Harry C. Rosenberg, who was reported missing on Jan. 13, 2013.

[...]

Rest peacefully, Harry
g10008.gif

Identified! - TN - Laurel Bloomery, UP69834, Gentry Creek Falls @ Cherokee Natl Forest May'20 - Harry C Rosenberg

Rest in peace, Mr. Rosenberg.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back