Dog Attends Daily Mass Since Owner's Funeral

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Dog attends mass every day since owner's funeral

Church goers believe heartbroken pooch is waiting for owner to return

Published On: Jan 17 2013 12:59:35 PM EST

BRINDISI, Italy -
Call it an extreme case of man’s best friend. A dog whose owner died two months ago is believed to be missing her so much he is attending church services at the chapel where her funeral was held in Brindisi, Italy. Tommy, a seven-year-old German shepherd, belonged to Maria Margherita Lochi, 57, and had been her faithful companion after she adopted him when she found him abandoned in fields close to her home in Italy...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifes...eral/-/1718840/18170216/-/ytqndw/-/index.html

FYI: There is a movie that stars Richard Gere about a dog that continues to go to the train station to wait for his diseased owner: Hachiko: A Dog's Story.

Dog attends mass every day since owner's funeral

Church goers believe heartbroken pooch is waiting for owner to return

Published On: Jan 17 2013 12:59:35 PM EST

BRINDISI, Italy -
Call it an extreme case of man’s best friend. A dog whose owner died two months ago is believed to be missing her so much he is attending church services at the chapel where her funeral was held in Brindisi, Italy. Tommy, a seven-year-old German shepherd, belonged to Maria Margherita Lochi, 57, and had been her faithful companion after she adopted him when she found him abandoned in fields close to her home in Italy...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifes...eral/-/1718840/18170216/-/ytqndw/-/index.html

FYI: There is a movie that stars Richard Gere about a dog that continues to go to the train station to wait for his diseased owner: Hachiko: A Dog's Story.

OT I loved that movie but sobbed like a baby.

[/B]

OT I loved that movie but sobbed like a baby.

Me, too. I thought of that as I typed the info about the movie. As much as I loved the story, I don't think that I could ever watch it again; it was just too sad :cry:

Thanks! I feel so bad for this poor doggie....he doesn't even have a home anymore:

None of the other parishioners has complained, Panna said, and villagers give the dog food and water and allow him to sleep nearby.

picture.php

One of the other parishioners should take him in and adopt him just like she did. Then he would be their "new forever friend" and maybe he wouldn't be so heartbroken. He is probably sad that he no longer has her, a home, a loving touch, someone to play with, etc. I hope someone takes him in. Poor baby.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww... :cries:

What an amazing story, altho I'm not sure why I'm surprised. Dogs are soooo smart and loyal.

Bless that priest for allowing the dog to attend Mass with his (late) owner and moreso since she died.

Rest In Peace, Maria :rose:

Good dog, Tommy. <steak smilie>

Awww!

May God bless and comfort Tommy and lead someone to open their heart and home to him.

Thanks! I feel so bad for this poor doggie....he doesn't even have a home anymore:

picture.php
Tommy seems to be looking for Maria (or maybe he knows that she's gone). Maybe he's looking for his next person. :)

Father Donato Panna said (article in OP):

He's still coming to Mass even after Maria's funeral; he waits patiently by the side of the altar and just sits there quietly. I didn't have the heart to throw him out - I've just recently lost my own dog so I leave him there until Mass finishes and then I let him out
I think we have a match. :heartbeat:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303