Votes: 57 44.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
While we are waiting for the defense case in chief to start chime in on this poll: Do you think Jodi Arias will take the stand?

**no discussion**

I voted yes. I could be wrong but I think it is a very good possibility.

I voted Yes but it's not a strong Yes.

If the defense were really trying to prove self defense, then Jodi would HAVE to testify. However, like I said in another post -- I don't think the defense is really trying to prove self defense; I think they are only bringing this defense in order to get in negative evidence about Travis in an effort to persuade jurors not to give Jodi death penalty.

I voted "I don't know" because I keep going back and forth.

I'm sure Jodi would love nothing better than to take the stand and impress everyone with her artful lies. And there's nothing I would love more than to watch her performance. But as we know, most defense lawyers strongly urge the defendant not to. So, I don't think Jodi will testify.

I voted yes. She isn't going to let anyone tell her not to.
IMO

Which will further prove (to me) she was not "abused"

I voted no because she just reminds me so much of KC and I think these type of people get chicken-s*** when they have to face the music and they realize they probably wont be able to lie in front of so many people.

They can lie great with 1 or 2 people, but I feel they chicken out in front of a large number of people who can see through their lies.

JMO of course. I hope I am wrong cause I want to see on the stand.

I voted "yes" but I am 75/25.

I think she is strong-willed and we know she doesn't take no for an answer. If she doesn't, it will be because she chose not to...not because her attorney advised her not to.

I voted yes. Her lawyers can't keep from from the stand, but they can keep the media away. I was shocked when Beth Karas said Jodi was willing to speak to her, until her lawyers found out and nixed it.

Jodi is brazen, and she wants to talk talk talk. I believe she thinks she can talk her way out of this, and wants to get before the jury. Just like she wanted to talk to Beth this week.

I could be wrong - but yes, I think she's gonna do it.

JMHO

Mel

I voted NO, because I WANT her to..........so bad, so naturally it won't happen. :)

I voted no but then it is hard for defense attorneys to control a sociopath who is convinced they can tell lies so well that it will convince anyone.

But she would be a fool to testify.

Anytime a defendant testifies it then becomes all about the defendant being believed. So it sort of shifts the burden........not legally but subliminally in the jurors minds.

Also if a defendant testifies a chance for a successful appeal goes way down.

So should she? Hell no!

Will she? Who knows but I would love to see Martinez and Arias spar.:floorlaugh:

IMO

I voted no but only because I feel the defense will try to keep her from doing it. Would JA WANT to take the stand - sure, absolutely.

I think SHE would LOVE to............
I think her defense attorneys DO NOT want her to........
So I voted I don't know.
and lean toward NO

I voted yes because as others have said, she's a sociopath and thinks "everyone" will just have to believe her. In the Channon Christian/Chris Newsome trial of Letalvis Cobbins, Cobbins took the stand against the advice of his lawyers. He got LWOP! (I think he would have anyway, but he sure didn't help his case!)

I voted Yes because she really thinks she can BS everyone. She would love to sit up there and put on her act for the jury. I re-watch the interrogation videos and can't get over her affect/demeanor as she was saying such horrific things ("All of my other ex-boyfriends are alive." "If I were to kill Travis I would not use a knife-I'd use a gun and do it more humanely.")

I don't think they will allow her to testify. They will use others to get her "lie"" to the jury. I see them trying to further defame Travis.

It's a crap shoot, but I voted yes also, I don't see her backing off now, I can see her trying to sway the jury with her sweet, soft, delicate demeanor, breaking down on the stand, it's what she does best.

She will definitely put on a great production/show as she believes her own lies.

I'm not sure her defense team can keep her off the stand, so I voted "I don't know". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes