950 users online (188 members and 762 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What do you believe were the sequence of events?

Voters
654. You may not vote on this poll
  • Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

465 71.10%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

181 27.68%
  • Other

8 1.22%

Page 1 of 190 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

The events have been largely debated in the trial. What do you think was the sequence of events?

**no debate/discussion here but you can state your opinion**

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    okay, I will go first :-)

I think he was stabbed in the chest first right after the last alive picture.

I think he went forward and she started stabbing his back and the back of his head (the camera is still in her hand, at this point... her right had which was pointed out in testimony). He sustains most of the defensive wounds at this point while is he is bent forward guarding his head.

The ceiling picture (which in testimony was taken right side up from waist height) was taken on accident somewhere here..after which the camera drops.

Travis comes out of the shower area and she stabs him again (maybe the stomach stab) that leaves blood on the floor by the toilet and where the scale was moved to.

He moves to the sink and bleeds over the sink coughing and spraying blood on the back of the mirror.

He moves down the closet side of the hall (waist high drag marks on the wall so he could be crouched over at this point) and ends up by the carpet area.

He collapses and his throat is slashed there on the carpet area.

She drags him back along the other side of the wall to the shower area.

she puts him into the shower (which is still running most likely).

She then goes to her purse to get the gun (some small amounts were found near the dresser) and she shoots him in the head.

I am still not sure if the water on the floor came from the running shower and Travis who had been in the shower or if she splashed some around for effect. The rug and the scale both showed signs of being moved.

I am close to the same conclusion as you nursebeeme...here goes:

I think he was stabbed in the heart while he was crouched in the bottom of the shower and he fell trying to get up to defend himself.

When she saw he didn't die from the initial chest wound and he was able to stand and try to get out of the shower, she started to stab at him and this is when he received his defensive wounds to the hands.

I think he was able to walk get outof the shower and collapsed at the sink where he aspirated onto the sink and mirror. She probably began stabbing at him again and this is where he received the wounds to the back of his head.

He then somehow made his way to the bedroom and collapsed again face down and this is where he tried to crawl to get away from her and she began stabbing at his back....the low blood spatter up the hallway walls happened here. She then cut his throat while straddling his back and drug him back to the bathroom...all the drag looking marks on the tile hallway and on the baseboards of the wall leading back to the bathroom happened here.

She placed him back in the shower and went to get the gun from her purse and delivered the final shot at this time.

This is all my opinion only.
    Last edited by SDT; 01-17-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: additional info

I agree 100% with Nurse. No way do I think he was shot first -- mainly based on the shell casing and how it landed on blood. If she shot him first, there would have been blood all over the casing.

JMHO

Mel

Thanks so much for this poll. So far, it is pretty close (8 vs 6).

I voted shot first. Mainly from her lies about the intruders. Really thought she had bits of truth in there and the shooting first part got to me. Also, I think he could have tried to duck the shut because he could not step back which would be a normal reaction. The ducking could have explained trajectory. OR somehow, she had him pose sitting in shower.

I also think she was too afraid to get close to him at first, so used the gun first. I think it jammed which is why she did not shoot him again. She somehow got a knife to finish him off and by then he made his way out of shower area.

I think she then kept stabbing at him and when that didnt work after 20 plus times, she finally cut his throat.

Its a great debate, because there are arguments each way.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

I think he went forward and she started stabbing his back and the back of his head (the camera is still in her hand, at this point... her right had which was pointed out in testimony). He sustains most of the defensive wounds at this point while is he is bent forward guarding his head.

The ceiling picture (which in testimony was taken right side up from waist height) was taken on accident somewhere here..after which the camera drops.

Travis comes out of the shower area and she stabs him again (maybe the stomach stab) that leaves blood on the floor by the toilet and where the scale was moved to.

He moves to the sink and bleeds over the sink coughing and spraying blood on the back of the mirror.

He moves down the closet side of the hall (waist high drag marks on the wall so he could be crouched over at this point) and ends up by the carpet area.

She then goes to her purse to get the gun (some small amounts were found near the dresser) and she shoots him in the head.

I am still not sure if the water on the floor came from the running shower and Travis who had been in the shower or if she splashed some around for effect. The rug and the scale both showed signs of being moved.

I agree with all this except I think she shot him then slashed his throat,
    to finish him off. He probably had the death garble and she thought he was still alive? JMOO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I voted "Other" because I really have no idea. I can't come up with any scenario that makes sense so I think there's some other scenario that hasn't been discussed. I also think it's possible that there were 3 weapons instead of 2. Gun, knife for stab to heart and back, and razor or box cutter for slicing his neck.

There is no way this is going to be answered with any degree of certainty, and I don't think it makes any difference in this case. Whether he was stabbed first or shot first, there's no question that he was alive for a couple minutes while she continued to stab him, he attempted to defend himself and tried to get away.

I agree on the sequence with Nurse. I know from my own experiences (many years in the ER), I've seen patients come in with knife wounds or gunshots to the chest & heart, alert and talking, and rapidly in front of your eyes bleed out or go into a fatal arrhythmia in seconds. The gunshot to the head I think would have immediately incapacitated him, even if not killing him right away, and ditto with the slashed throat.

I'm not sure if the stab to the heart was even the very first wound, but stabs at the chest while he puts up his hands, (defense wounds), one lucky stab hits the heart, he staggers out to the sink, coughing up blood. She continues to stab in the back as he becomes weaker and drops to his knees, crawls down the hall as she continues to stab at his back, he may then collapse and she pulls up his head and slashes his throat from behind. Once dragged back to the shower she shoots him as a final "fair well".

And back to another discussion, yes, dead bodies make all kinds of sounds and muscles spasms, and she could have thought he was still alive.

I got a very BRIEF look at the autopsy pictures that were posted on Photobucket, but I was babysitting and I had to click off real fast when my grandson came over. By the time I got home to my own computer, they were made private. But one thing I think I noticed and was trying to look at in my BRIEF view, was the stab wound to the chest. It was in a slightly different place than I imagined it and I wanted to get a better look. (If I was 30 years younger I'd work in CSI). I also didn't get a good look at the bullet hole, but I think he was shot from above in the shower due to the angle and trajectory path. I didn't see or read about gunshot residue, but I wouldn't be surprised if she put the gun right up to his forehead. All this MOO!

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

I'm with you, nurse!

I have looked at the crime scene photos.. The thing I question most about the gun shot being last is.. He is on his right side in the shower.. Only the left side showing.. How could she shoot him in the right temple after she has placed him in the shower?

WARNING - GRAPHIC - WARNING - GRAPHIC

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/us...72110079513047

Not sure if this will help make a decision on how you think he was killed. Again - very graphic.

Mel

WARNING - GRAPHIC - WARNING - GRAPHIC
    CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT

These are the photos from the camera. There is one photo in the series which demonstrates a dragging scenario - this is not from JA's camera.

Please view at your own discretion (without kiddo's in the room).

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/us...21663417384483

I think she was brazen enough to stab him first-he was vulnerable-alone (he thought), in the shower, dealing w/ the fallout of a girlfriend that he didn't really want (although he couldn't quit her). I think the whole thing was very fast, he probably didn't know what hit him, but when it did, it was violent & brutal. & I think she walked away, thinking if anyone connected her w/ his death, she could come up w/ a good story ( but I think she thought she would totally get away w/ it).

Both the shot to the head and cut to the throat could render TA unconsicous, but I think JA shot him first, I know it goes against everything the ME said, but I dont think she could over power him with a knife, unless she drugged him before hand. The neck cut was the final crowning event, no one could ever possibly think cutie, gentle, soft spoken Jodi could do such a thing.

I believe it happened the way the ME stated. But I'm open to others opinions of how it happened as well.

Page 1 of 190 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast