Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
The events have been largely debated in the trial. What do you think was the sequence of events?

**no debate/discussion here but you can state your opinion**

okay, I will go first :)

I think he was stabbed in the chest first right after the last alive picture.

I think he went forward and she started stabbing his back and the back of his head (the camera is still in her hand, at this point... her right had which was pointed out in testimony). He sustains most of the defensive wounds at this point while is he is bent forward guarding his head.

The ceiling picture (which in testimony was taken right side up from waist height) was taken on accident somewhere here..after which the camera drops.

Travis comes out of the shower area and she stabs him again (maybe the stomach stab) that leaves blood on the floor by the toilet and where the scale was moved to.

He moves to the sink and bleeds over the sink coughing and spraying blood on the back of the mirror.

He moves down the closet side of the hall (waist high drag marks on the wall so he could be crouched over at this point) and ends up by the carpet area.

He collapses and his throat is slashed there on the carpet area.

She drags him back along the other side of the wall to the shower area.

she puts him into the shower (which is still running most likely).

She then goes to her purse to get the gun (some small amounts were found near the dresser) and she shoots him in the head.

I am still not sure if the water on the floor came from the running shower and Travis who had been in the shower or if she splashed some around for effect. The rug and the scale both showed signs of being moved.

:moo:

I am close to the same conclusion as you nursebeeme...here goes:

I think he was stabbed in the heart while he was crouched in the bottom of the shower and he fell trying to get up to defend himself.

When she saw he didn't die from the initial chest wound and he was able to stand and try to get out of the shower, she started to stab at him and this is when he received his defensive wounds to the hands.

I think he was able to walk get outof the shower and collapsed at the sink where he aspirated onto the sink and mirror. She probably began stabbing at him again and this is where he received the wounds to the back of his head.

He then somehow made his way to the bedroom and collapsed again face down and this is where he tried to crawl to get away from her and she began stabbing at his back....the low blood spatter up the hallway walls happened here. She then cut his throat while straddling his back and drug him back to the bathroom...all the drag looking marks on the tile hallway and on the baseboards of the wall leading back to the bathroom happened here.

She placed him back in the shower and went to get the gun from her purse and delivered the final shot at this time.

This is all my opinion only.

I agree 100% with Nurse. No way do I think he was shot first -- mainly based on the shell casing and how it landed on blood. If she shot him first, there would have been blood all over the casing.

JMHO

Mel

Thanks so much for this poll. So far, it is pretty close (8 vs 6).

I voted shot first. Mainly from her lies about the intruders. Really thought she had bits of truth in there and the shooting first part got to me. Also, I think he could have tried to duck the shut because he could not step back which would be a normal reaction. The ducking could have explained trajectory. OR somehow, she had him pose sitting in shower.

I also think she was too afraid to get close to him at first, so used the gun first. I think it jammed which is why she did not shoot him again. She somehow got a knife to finish him off and by then he made his way out of shower area.

I think she then kept stabbing at him and when that didnt work after 20 plus times, she finally cut his throat.

Its a great debate, because there are arguments each way.

I think he went forward and she started stabbing his back and the back of his head (the camera is still in her hand, at this point... her right had which was pointed out in testimony). He sustains most of the defensive wounds at this point while is he is bent forward guarding his head.

The ceiling picture (which in testimony was taken right side up from waist height) was taken on accident somewhere here..after which the camera drops.

Travis comes out of the shower area and she stabs him again (maybe the stomach stab) that leaves blood on the floor by the toilet and where the scale was moved to.

He moves to the sink and bleeds over the sink coughing and spraying blood on the back of the mirror.

He moves down the closet side of the hall (waist high drag marks on the wall so he could be crouched over at this point) and ends up by the carpet area.

She then goes to her purse to get the gun (some small amounts were found near the dresser) and she shoots him in the head.

I am still not sure if the water on the floor came from the running shower and Travis who had been in the shower or if she splashed some around for effect. The rug and the scale both showed signs of being moved.

I agree with all this except I think she shot him then slashed his throat,
to finish him off. He probably had the death garble and she thought he was still alive? JMOO

I voted "Other" because I really have no idea. I can't come up with any scenario that makes sense so I think there's some other scenario that hasn't been discussed. I also think it's possible that there were 3 weapons instead of 2. Gun, knife for stab to heart and back, and razor or box cutter for slicing his neck.

There is no way this is going to be answered with any degree of certainty, and I don't think it makes any difference in this case. Whether he was stabbed first or shot first, there's no question that he was alive for a couple minutes while she continued to stab him, he attempted to defend himself and tried to get away.

I agree on the sequence with Nurse. I know from my own experiences (many years in the ER), I've seen patients come in with knife wounds or gunshots to the chest & heart, alert and talking, and rapidly in front of your eyes bleed out or go into a fatal arrhythmia in seconds. The gunshot to the head I think would have immediately incapacitated him, even if not killing him right away, and ditto with the slashed throat.

I'm not sure if the stab to the heart was even the very first wound, but stabs at the chest while he puts up his hands, (defense wounds), one lucky stab hits the heart, he staggers out to the sink, coughing up blood. She continues to stab in the back as he becomes weaker and drops to his knees, crawls down the hall as she continues to stab at his back, he may then collapse and she pulls up his head and slashes his throat from behind. Once dragged back to the shower she shoots him as a final "fair well".

And back to another discussion, yes, dead bodies make all kinds of sounds and muscles spasms, and she could have thought he was still alive.

I got a very BRIEF look at the autopsy pictures that were posted on Photobucket, but I was babysitting and I had to click off real fast when my grandson came over. By the time I got home to my own computer, they were made private. But one thing I think I noticed and was trying to look at in my BRIEF view, was the stab wound to the chest. It was in a slightly different place than I imagined it and I wanted to get a better look. (If I was 30 years younger I'd work in CSI). I also didn't get a good look at the bullet hole, but I think he was shot from above in the shower due to the angle and trajectory path. I didn't see or read about gunshot residue, but I wouldn't be surprised if she put the gun right up to his forehead. All this MOO!

I'm with you, nurse!

I have looked at the crime scene photos.. The thing I question most about the gun shot being last is.. He is on his right side in the shower.. Only the left side showing.. How could she shoot him in the right temple after she has placed him in the shower?

I think she was brazen enough to stab him first-he was vulnerable-alone (he thought), in the shower, dealing w/ the fallout of a girlfriend that he didn't really want (although he couldn't quit her). I think the whole thing was very fast, he probably didn't know what hit him, but when it did, it was violent & brutal. & I think she walked away, thinking if anyone connected her w/ his death, she could come up w/ a good story ( but I think she thought she would totally get away w/ it).

Both the shot to the head and cut to the throat could render TA unconsicous, but I think JA shot him first, I know it goes against everything the ME said, but I dont think she could over power him with a knife, unless she drugged him before hand. The neck cut was the final crowning event, no one could ever possibly think cutie, gentle, soft spoken Jodi could do such a thing.

I believe it happened the way the ME stated. But I'm open to others opinions of how it happened as well.

I think Jodi was wearing the camera around her neck by the strap when it started. It's possible it moved around to her back when she was bent over stabbing Travis (ceiling shot) I think during the stabbing, it fell from her neck and landed on the floor.

I think Jodi took pictures of Travis in the shower, then went to go snoop while Travis was in the shower. When she went in the bedroom, she either accessed Travis' voicemail or read his text. She seen or heard something. It finally sealed a plan that she had thought about during her whole drive to Travis' house, but when he went to bed with her, she probably thought they worked it all out.

I think she got the knife, walked in there and just stabbed him. I think she stabbed him by the ear first. (that deep stab by his ear in the photos)

I think he came out of the shower and went to the sink. Jodi probably thought one stab would do it...but she realized he was still up. I think they started struggling and she was stabbing and he was trying to defend himself. She was blindly stabbing him. He probably dropped to the floor and was crawling up the hallway. I think that's when the back stabs happened. He made it to the end, and she cut his throat then dragged him back to the shower. He was probably still making noise and she was scared she didn't kill him. She went and got the gun.

I think the shower was on the whole time. I think the curtain or whatever was opened and water got everywhere. I know my shower does the same thing if I leave the curtain open.

Jodi then stayed in the house long enough to run at least one load of clothes through a cycle to put them in the dryer. I don't think she accidentally threw the camera in the washer. I think she thought deleting those pictures would work. She didn't want to take any of Travis' stuff with her (and get caught with his stuff). She threw it in there to wash her DNA off of it.

JMO.

While she was taking pics of him, I am not sure he knew she was there at first. I think once he did, he told her to leave. He may have already thought she left the house. I think this is when she pulls out the gun, and tells him to sit down in the shower. She had this planned. She knew he would want to have a shower after their afternoon activities, and she may have got one to in another bathroom. ( this is why she is dressed). I think she has the gun on him, and he is scared. She opens up the shower door and shoots him in the head. The trajectory of the bullet seems to match a seated position and someone standing pointing the gun. I don't think it killed him. I think he pushed his way out of the shower, and that is the pic of the ceiling light. She tries to shoot him again and gun jams. I think their are truths in some of her lies. She thinks if she mixes truths in with her lies, they will be more believable. The only thing I am not understanding is the knife. Why did she have a knife AND a gun? I would think if she took the gun, that would be all she would do. Go in shoot him in the shower and leave. Was the knife a back-up?:waitasec: The rest of what happened I think everyone agrees on. He staggered around bloody while she stabbed him in the back. He turns to defend himself and she hits him from the front. By the time he gets to the end of the hall,she cuts his throat. I am guessing that he was screaming a lot. It appears that this poor man fought for his life. I do believe she went with a plan, and it would have worked out if the gunshot would have killed him.

This is what I think happened:

She stole the gun from her grandparents with the idea in her head that she would kill Travis if he didn't take her back.

She went on the road trip with intention to kill Travis when she knew she would never get him back. The fact that he was taking another woman to Cancun really bothered her.

She got herself in his house with him probably thinking it was their last time having sex. Travis did want to rid himself of her but it was hard to say goodbye to premarital sex.

She brought the gun into his house.

They had sex.

They goofed around a little bit and then Travis went to get a shower.

Something tells me she shot him first. The gun shot wound did not kill him right away as the bullet was lodged in his cheek. I think it really messed him up though and she panicked probably over the load sound. This is an apartment building. If she fired more shots it would be obvious it was a gun.

Because the gunshot wound didnt kill him she ran to get a knife... this would explain how Travis made it all the way to the bedroom... he had a minute or two to travel away...

She came back and just started slaughtering him. She didn't want him to survive.

This would explain the massive amount of blood in the bedroom. I think she slit his throat right there.

Then dragged him back to the bathroom and put him in the shower so the rest of his blood would go down the drain.

Then she wiped up the blood on the bathroom floor, probably with that shirt.

He appears to me to be posing in shower pics. Flexing his arms. I know I had a husband that loved having his shirtless picture taken. The last shot where he is facing her is sitting, right? She got him to to sit so she could take an eye to eye photo. She was too short otherwise. He sat because it wouldn't have seemed unusual. She has always taken tons of pictures of him. When she has him sitting he is more vulnerable. Maybe she says let me open the door and take some that way. Clearer. Then she stabs him in the chest. Camera is around her neck. Ceiling picture taken. He fights his way to the sink. Tries to stand up. Blood sprays out of his mouth. She is still stabbing him. He falls to the floor. Starts to crawl down the hall. Maybe she even stood there laughing at him. In my mind she did. He gets to the carpeted area. She cuts his throat. Drags him back. He is dead . Maybe the body makes a noise and she decides to shoot him. Maybe she shoots him because she is psycho. Puts him in the still running shower. Cleans herself up. Goes on her merry way to see her new fellow.

welcome Eunoia! :cheer:

more thoughts about the gun:

I was thinking last night (when I was *trying* to sleep hahaha) about the gun:

how does she hold the gun and shoot it with one hand (the camera was in her right hand)

(that is also another reason why I think the shot came last)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff