GUILTY NY - Adonis Reed, 4, beaten to death, Amityville, 16 Jan 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Who killed 4-year-old abused boy, left to die alone in Long Island house? (pix11.com)
AMITYVILLE, Long Island (PIX11) — Detectives are trying to figure out who abused a 4-year-old boy and left him for dead in his home, alone.

Medics responded to 89 Ketcham Ave. minutes after somebody in the rear apartment of the house at that address called 911 Wednesday afternoon.
---
The boy lived with his 6-year-old sister in the lower, rear apartment of the three-unit house. The two children, according to neighbors, lived with a man and a woman.
---
The couple’s red sedan was still parked in front of their house, with half-eaten food left in the front passenger’s seat, and a preschool workbook on a shelf in the back, with Adonis’s name on it. Under his name was a drawing he’d made of what he wanted to be when he grew up. His teacher had written for him, “policeman.”

Now, policemen were investigating the boy’s murder, at the home where he was supposed to be safe.
---
more at the links, with plenty of pictures at the second (and an "Amityville Horror" sidebar) and videos at each
---
When police arrived, they discovered a young boy lying unconscious on a couch in the living room. No adults were present in the apartment.

The child had visible signs of trauma. The Medical Examiner will determine his cause of death. The autopsy will be performed on Thursday, reports ABC. Investigators said Reed’s body was covered in bruises.

The child was 'a victim of violence,' said Suffolk police Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, confirming there were visible signs of harm.
---
Suffolk police said that they believe that 911 emergency call reporting the child was made from the home, but they declined to disclose any details for the caller.

Det. Lt. Fitzpatrick said that the caller is incredibly important to their investigations and added that police were trying to contact family members and friends of the child's parents.
---

A new Amityville horror? Child found dead and the adult who called 911 missing in the infamous New York village (Daily Mail)

really creative headline [sarcasm alert]

Sad, and mysterious.

Where is the sister?

What do you make of the car scene?

Only pushed thanks buttons.

Refuse to look.

really creative headline [sarcasm alert]

Sad, and mysterious.

Where is the sister?

What do you make of the car scene?
Let's see....WPIX reported the girl had been removed by court authorities because of abuse and neglect.

As for the car, people leave half-eaten food in them all the time, I guess, and other things which accumulate.

Headline wrote itself, I imagine. A scary tale even if it didn't happen, which it didn't.

Only pushed thanks buttons.

Refuse to look.
Grim enough tale as it is, but with no "AH"-replicating details like ceaselessly buzzing flies or pig-demons named Jody.

:floorlaugh: nice

He was a cute little boy. Again, once more today....why?
Heartbreaking.

Grim enough tale as it is, but with no "AH"-replicating details like ceaselessly buzzing flies or pig-demons named Jody.

Don't forget the 3am marching band...

Shux, THOSE are memories I wanna forget.

I first learned about the AH house in a weekly mystery series written in the Toronto Sun...long before the book or movie.

Reading it in the newspaper at that age, it was sure F R E A K Y.

So like Filly, thanks but I refuse to look.

Ultra sad.

aw sheesh, poor kid. It would appear as if this poor little guy had all sorts of troubles in the the stable, loving, appropriate caregiver and home department. :(

At least they finally said where the 6 year old sister was and that she is safe. Poor little punkin, how to explain the violent murder of her little brother by someone she lived with ad who seemed to be filling a parent type role for her while in her Godmother's home.

Again, just a sad sad case.

I was hoping they would have him in custody by today, but looks like they don't

This is haunting! What did this poor child endure? I sure hope his abuser/murderer is caught soon.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...judge-prosecutor-and-others-on-case-1.9508411

An Amityville man representing himself at his murder trial in Suffolk County has filed a federal lawsuit against the judge, prosecutor, his former lawyer and almost every agency connected with the case, claiming a "clear conspiracy" by all to violate his rights.

Jonathan Thompson, 34, is seeking $500 million and a stay of his trial, which begins Thursday with jury selection. He is accused of hitting his girlfriend's son, 4-year-old Adonis Reed, because he wouldn't take a nap and causing the boy's death in January 2013. In the handwritten lawsuit filed last month, Thompson said the boy died from overzealous resuscitation efforts by first responders and medical malpractice at Good Samaritan Hospital...

In Suffolk County Court Wednesday, Thompson tried to get Judge Barbara Kahn and Assistant District Attorney Raphael Pearl removed from his case, in part by claiming they have a conflict of interest because of the suit he filed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back