740 users online (120 members and 620 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CT - Msgr. Kevin Wallin for drug trafficking, money laundering, Bridgeport, 2013

Cross-Dressing, Show-Tunes-Loving Connecticut Priest Busted for Selling Meth and Laundering Money Through His Sex Shop (Gawker)
    -
    --
    Sources tell the Connecticut Post that the Diocese had been aware of Msgr. Kevin Wallin's "personal problems" since receiving complaints nearly two years ago from rectory personnel at St. Augustine Cathedral that Wallin was "engaging in sex acts" with "odd-looking men" while "sometimes dressed as a woman."
    ---
    The Diocese stuck by Wallin even after he became the owner of a North Haven sex and smoke shop called Land of Oz & Dorothy's Place shortly after leaving the priesthood.

The Statewide Narcotics Task Force, which worked with the Drug Enforcement Administration on the joint investigation that led to Wallin's arrest, believes the man nicknamed "Monsignor Meth" used his adult entertainment business to launder much of the $9,000 he was allegedly making in weekly meth sales.
    ---
    The Diocese has also asked for prayers for Msgr. Wallin, saying he has "difficult days ahead for him."

still more at the link above

email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Good grief.. I really hate to laugh at another's misfortune, but... This story couldn't get weirder (or campier) if it had been written as fiction.

Show tune loving, cross dressing priest?
    Goes to lots of broadway shows (with Cdl Egan, at that! )
    Has sex with strange looking men (well, not everyone can be good looking)
    Runs a sex and smoke shop lol - named for Dorothy!
    Launders money there gained from meth sales ...

I love this story. I really do. More crazy priest stories, please! I wonder if he knows Fr. Stuck-in-Handcuffs???
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

In my hometown the two Catholic churches were served by twin priests, identical twin priests, so identical I could not tell them apart twin priests; so St. Mary's could have heard, unawares, a homily delivered by the St. Pat's twin priest if, like, they had wanted to go that route. But, if so, that was probably as kinky as things got. Elderly fellows not given to hijinks, methinks, our twin priests.

ON my face book I have been saying for a longest time CHARGE THE CHURCH TAX
    They have done more harm to the innocent and abused their power too much.
    YAP all religious organizations need to pay tax, and all wrong doers need to be jailed.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

There are SOOOOOO many directions one could go with this..............

I think this guy sat next to me at "The Boy From Oz".

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    In my hometown the two Catholic churches were served by twin priests, identical twin priests, so identical I could not tell them apart twin priests; so St. Mary's could have heard, unawares, a homily delivered by the St. Pat's twin priest if, like, they had wanted to go that route. But, if so, that was probably as kinky as things got. Elderly fellows not given to hijinks, methinks, our twin priests.
    Twin Priests? Excellent.

Yeah whatever happened to old Priests who drank and cursed and went out to fine dine every night?

Seeings that no children were hurt in the event of Msgr. Wallin's fiasco I can offer this:

Father?

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5...a8a6a738ec.jpg

FWIW we had a Priest busted for buying cocaine here years ago and they plastered the guys face right on the front page. Same with the more recent one picking up of age prostitutes in the same neighborhood the other guy got his cocaine.

Ummmmm if I was the florist in New Haven Connecticut with the same name as that "sex and smoke" shop I'd change it. They have a FB page to which I won't link. Oddly enough that's all that popped up though.

Just google it. Bam it pops up. A front? A joke? For real?

Plus why does Judy Garland always have to figure in on this sort of mess?

Oh hold it. The FB belongs to the very same. I guess they had to file it under "Florist". Yelp has it under a smoke shop kind of deal.

Nothing to see here, but I'll link anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Land-o...65899166768886

Please tell me this guy is not an Oblate.

Father's co-defendant Lyme Devries has a YouTube vid thingie.

What do ya know? The great and powerful Oz shows up on his list of faves. He also enjoyed twisting in sobriety.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Lymesfaves

Wondering if the monsignor ever replaced the 'Agnus Dei' with "Over the Rainbow" at mass at least once.

Here's an antire article back from 2002 about Father Wallin. The people liked him. He denounced pedophiles although said it was not his job to apologize. Joked a little with his new Parishoner's that he thought twice about going there and was going to fold up his tent.

http://articles.courant.com/2002-04-...onduct-priests

Just came across an article about the co-defendants from OC, and how very normal that couple was. Now I lost it.

Honestly I think Wallin and Devries had smoked up their own meth. Horrible, awful, highly addictive drug.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Wondering if the monsignor ever replaced the 'Agnus Dei' with "Over the Rainbow" at mass at least once.
    Seriously, it would probably be an improvement over much of the new liturgical music coming out these days...
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Filly, I am in hysterics over that picture...

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    can I echo that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast