GUILTY CT - Msgr. Kevin Wallin for drug trafficking, money laundering, Bridgeport, 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Cross-Dressing, Show-Tunes-Loving Connecticut Priest Busted for Selling Meth and Laundering Money Through His Sex Shop (Gawker)
-
--
Sources tell the Connecticut Post that the Diocese had been aware of Msgr. Kevin Wallin's "personal problems" since receiving complaints nearly two years ago from rectory personnel at St. Augustine Cathedral that Wallin was "engaging in sex acts" with "odd-looking men" while "sometimes dressed as a woman."
---
The Diocese stuck by Wallin even after he became the owner of a North Haven sex and smoke shop called Land of Oz & Dorothy's Place shortly after leaving the priesthood.

The Statewide Narcotics Task Force, which worked with the Drug Enforcement Administration on the joint investigation that led to Wallin's arrest, believes the man nicknamed "Monsignor Meth" used his adult entertainment business to launder much of the $9,000 he was allegedly making in weekly meth sales.
---
The Diocese has also asked for prayers for Msgr. Wallin, saying he has "difficult days ahead for him."
still more at the link above

Good grief.. I really hate to laugh at another's misfortune, but... This story couldn't get weirder (or campier) if it had been written as fiction.

Show tune loving, cross dressing priest?
Goes to lots of broadway shows (with Cdl Egan, at that! :lol:)
Has sex with strange looking men (well, not everyone can be good looking)
Runs a sex and smoke shop lol - named for Dorothy! :D
Launders money there gained from meth sales ...

I love this story. I really do. More crazy priest stories, please! I wonder if he knows Fr. Stuck-in-Handcuffs???

In my hometown the two Catholic churches were served by twin priests, identical twin priests, so identical I could not tell them apart twin priests; so St. Mary's could have heard, unawares, a homily delivered by the St. Pat's twin priest if, like, they had wanted to go that route. But, if so, that was probably as kinky as things got. Elderly fellows not given to hijinks, methinks, our twin priests.

ON my face book I have been saying for a longest time CHARGE THE CHURCH TAX
They have done more harm to the innocent and abused their power too much.
YAP all religious organizations need to pay tax, and all wrong doers need to be jailed.

There are SOOOOOO many directions one could go with this..............

I think this guy sat next to me at "The Boy From Oz".

In my hometown the two Catholic churches were served by twin priests, identical twin priests, so identical I could not tell them apart twin priests; so St. Mary's could have heard, unawares, a homily delivered by the St. Pat's twin priest if, like, they had wanted to go that route. But, if so, that was probably as kinky as things got. Elderly fellows not given to hijinks, methinks, our twin priests.

Twin Priests? Excellent.

Yeah whatever happened to old Priests who drank and cursed and went out to fine dine every night?

Seeings that no children were hurt in the event of Msgr. Wallin's fiasco I can offer this:

Father?

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5037711137_a8a6a738ec.jpg

FWIW we had a Priest busted for buying cocaine here years ago and they plastered the guys face right on the front page. Same with the more recent one picking up of age prostitutes in the same neighborhood the other guy got his cocaine.

Ummmmm if I was the florist in New Haven Connecticut with the same name as that "sex and smoke" shop I'd change it. They have a FB page to which I won't link. Oddly enough that's all that popped up though.

Just google it. Bam it pops up. A front? A joke? For real?

Plus why does Judy Garland always have to figure in on this sort of mess?

Oh hold it. The FB belongs to the very same. I guess they had to file it under "Florist". Yelp has it under a smoke shop kind of deal.

Nothing to see here, but I'll link anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Land-of-Oz-Dorothys-Place/165899166768886

Please tell me this guy is not an Oblate.

Wondering if the monsignor ever replaced the 'Agnus Dei' with "Over the Rainbow" at mass at least once.

Here's an antire article back from 2002 about Father Wallin. The people liked him. He denounced pedophiles although said it was not his job to apologize. Joked a little with his new Parishoner's that he thought twice about going there and was going to fold up his tent.

http://articles.courant.com/2002-04-15/news/0204151348_1_parishioners-sexual-misconduct-priests

Just came across an article about the co-defendants from OC, and how very normal that couple was. Now I lost it.

Honestly I think Wallin and Devries had smoked up their own meth. Horrible, awful, highly addictive drug.

Wondering if the monsignor ever replaced the 'Agnus Dei' with "Over the Rainbow" at mass at least once.

Seriously, it would probably be an improvement over much of the new liturgical music coming out these days... :D

In what key? That's a tough song to sing.

Alright in all seriousness crystal meth is a horrible, awful, ugly drug. It's devastated alot of communities. I'm just wondering out loud.

Was Monsigior tweaked the heck out when doing a sermon? Did he even use?

Who in God's name saw him bringing people into the rectory while he dressed as a woman? Did they say anything to HIM?

Where does one find both a smoke and sex shop in one? Do you go in for your rolling papers, bong and *advertiser censored* all in one stop?

Just when the world can't get any stranger. Plus how did he know that couple in OC?

I'm serious, whoever thought up the idea of a combination smoke/sex shop is a genius lol.

I'm serious, whoever thought up the idea of a combination smoke/sex shop is a genius lol.

Gotta wonder if it's that Lyme Devries. Trust me I looked him up and he used to own a fashion fetish shop. One site he's asking where he can put his slings and mummy bags. No word on the bongs though.

If you google that Oz name of the shop without the rainbow or something it comes up with pics of the shop. All I thought is "Dorothy we're not in Kansas anymore".

Honestly I so need a life. This stuff intrigues me.

Note Filly has nothing against fetish fashion. Them slings scare me though.

Cross-dressing, drug dealing ‘Monsignor Meth’ pleads guilty to drug charge, faces 11 to 14 years in prison

Kevin Wallin, 61, admitted to selling more than four pounds of methamphetamine and making more than $300,000 while dealing the drug out of his Waterbury, Conn. apartment. Wallin, a Roman Catholic priest, is currently suspended but faces the prospect of removal from the priesthood by the Vatican.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...s-prison-time-article-1.1305820#ixzz2POkyePaZ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back