1156 users online (208 members and 948 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    Why I like this case

    Hi there, this is my first post here. I'm from Australia. I thought I'd run through my impression of this case, for my own clarity of mind!

    I enjoy reading and thinking about this case because the protagonists (the Ramseys mainly) are simply so unusual to me. The quiet, perhaps obsessive ambition of John. Patsy's theatrical desire to belong. Their Christianity (no offence intended for my American friends ) Her premature health scares (ongoing I know). The outlandish videos of JonBenet. The mysterious Burke, who is continually shielded from scrutiny by the family (and others).

    I hear he's now 17. His voice must have broken now; he might have a girlfriend. Maybe he's tried booze; smoked a bit; taken some risks here and there. Maybe the media scrutiny makes this sort of normal life impossible for him. Surely he would have a strong impression, if not an exact memory, of what happened that night/morning. In a few years, he'll have to talk to someone - a girlfriend, a pesky reporter, whoever - and that may final settle any questions of his direct involvement.

    And the ransom note.

    The ransom note, in my opinion so obviously either written by Patsy, or written by someone who wants us to think that they're Patsy, is the oddest part of this case. A ransom note which does not match the crime (as if the writer of the note was accidentally ushered into the wrong movie theater, and did the best they could)... a note which starts distantly and becomes very personal towards the end. The Ulysses of notes, reading like the plot of a cheap thriller, deliberate mispellings, odd phraseology, the works... with finger pointed straight at Patsy.

    Did she write it? Or did an intruder - someone known to John or Patsy - write it to incriminate her?

    My hunch about this case has been written before: the reason why no murder charge has ever been filed is very, very simple.

    No one was murdered.

    The statute of limitations for cover-up charges is fast approaching (or has it passed? Can someone shed light on the latest date that evidence tampering charges could be filed against the Ramseys?)

    To me, in my opinion, whether Burke did it, or Patsy, or John; or even, in some way, JonBenet (who knows?) is not as interesting as the Ramseys themselves. I am not so interested in which one of them did it (if, indeed, one of them "did it"), and I'm not even so interested in what accident actually occurred.... I want to know the psychology of these strange people, the frame of mind, belief system etc. that would make them think that a cover-up was worth it.

    Any thoughts, or death threats?

    Josh.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    And the reason no one was charge; Boulder, Colorado. Sniff the perfection. Or snort it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Welcome Josh.

    When you say "no-one was murdered" - do you mean that you believe it was an accidental killing - or something else?
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,868
    I don't believe there is a limit on murder charges or accessory to murder charges.

    BPD can charge Patsy with murder 20 years from now.

    Alas as long as Do Nothing Keenan is in charge of the investigation, the Rams are off scott free...for now.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

    Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

    FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

    You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Welcome Josh.

    When you say "no-one was murdered" - do you mean that you believe it was an accidental killing - or something else?

    While we're waiting for Josh's response, I'd like to comment on his "no-one was murdered" statement.

    Although it's not in the forefront of my various BDI theories, there is a possibility that JonBenet accidentally killed herself while practicing AEA. In this theory JonBenet and Burke would have been tutored by a much older person, such as a college student, in the use of the AEA device. I can think of several names of who that older person could be.

    The evidence of JonBenet, despite being only 6 years old, as perhaps having used the device as a masturbation tool in her own bed, include the white nylon fibers from the device found in JonBenet's bed.

    The sheets had been changed on the 23rd by LHP but those sheets were not on the bed on the 25th. Thus, the sheets had been changed again on the 24th. JonBenet slept in Burke's bed on the 24th (Christmas Eve night) so, according to the parents, they could come downstairs together on Christmas morning to open presents. That means the nylon fibers were deposited into JonBenet's bed on the 25th, the night of her death.

    IOW, the fibers suggest JonBenet could have accidentally asphyxiated herself while using the erotic asphyxiation device solo in her own bed. In this scenario Burke may or may not have also been in the room, but IMO he was involved deeply in the early phases of the staging and coverup .

    BlueCrab

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Welcome Josh.

    When you say "no-one was murdered" - do you mean that you believe it was an accidental killing - or something else?
    hi Jayelles, yep i mean an accident. I read Steve T.'s book; i used to live in the USA and i had to go to Boulder on business once, so I even drove past the old Ramsey home! (surprisingly SMALL - anyone else think that too? i thought it was meant to be huge. It was snowing at the time, maybe that made it look smaller)

    To charge someone with Murder, a murder has to be reasonably suspected (and the suspect has to be reasonably likely to be the killer). My hunch, just intuitively, is that Hunter, many of the detectives, the new CO governor, a whole BUNCH of folks know, in their hearts, that there was no murder. Maybe they think the R's have been punished enough for wanting to keep their family together (or what's left of it)

    I don't even think it was manslaughter... i would guess there was no sex-play at all. Patsy is so theatrical... but i'd like to know, what made them think that such a bizarre cover up (paedophilic filipino midget terrorists who "respect John's company"...) was necessary? Why? What happened that made them think that this was the best way to handle the situation?

    All just speculation.

  7. #7
    My 2 very serious questions for people, whether you think it was murder or accident, or an intruder, or an "action" by a mysterious foreign troupe of ninjas with bank debts of $118 K .....

    1. Does anyone seriously think that Patsy was NOT the author of the note, and ALSO (very imporant) that whoever wrote the note was NOT deliberately trying to make it look like Patsy?

    If so, please elaborate! (and i am not being sarcastic... seriously, tell me what makes you doubt it was Patsy.)

    2. Does anyone believe that Burke knows nothing more than what he's already told detectives? Can we at least assume that he was awake at the time of the 911 call? If not, please explain.... (again, not being sarcastic, just thirsting for considered opinions)

    thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Globe, Arizona
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruJosh
    Patsy is so theatrical... but i'd like to know, what made them think that such a bizarre cover up (paedophilic filipino midget terrorists who "respect John's company"...) was necessary? Why? What happened that made them think that this was the best way to handle the situation?
    I am of the opinion that Patsy accidentally killed JonBenet and acted alone in the writting of the 'ransom note' and staging of JonBenet's body.

    Once Patsy made the decision to cover-up the accident rather than call for an ambulance, what should she to do? I cannot imagine the shear panic she must have felt. And a very limited time to decide a course of action. The family would be up in a few hours. No time to think! Must do something to save her reputation.

    I believe a clue to Patsy's writting the ransom note as "the best way to handle the situation"
    is found in her testimony to the police in April, 1997:

    PR: Yes. I uh, there was some scholarship for winning Miss West Virginia. I can’t remember exactly how much and then at the Miss America pageant I won a non-finalist talent award and I think it was a $2,000 scholarship for that.
    TT: I’ve got to ask which talent.
    PR: (Laughter) “The Kiss of Death” dramatic dialog.
    ??: (Laugher)
    ST: (Inaudible) Miss Jean Brody.
    PR: Your right.
    TT; Was that, was that earlier?
    PR: “The Pride of Miss Jean Brody.” Well actual. . . no it wasn’t, actually what happened, uh, I did the Miss Jean Brody, I competed in high school with that and uh, placed nationally with it and then I had done that for Miss West Virginia and won with that and then when you go to Miss America you have to do through this business of um, in the event you make the top ten and your on television there are all these rights and royalties or whatever they call it and uh, I have, they have to give you clearance, okay, and to make a long story short, I was unable to get clearance for this. Uh, I can’t remember exactly the details, but uh, I ended up writing a dialog that I used and I don’t even remember, but it had a lot of the same characterizations and that kind of thing. It was all, I was definitely thrilled when I won the talent, you know, because it was a real chore getting there.

    Thanks to ACandyRose for the transcript -
    http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm
    Patsy's writting talents allowed her to graduate from college magna cum lauda with a degree in journalism and she was awarded for delivering the dramatic dialog that she wrote in the Miss America contest.

    In the panic of covering-up JonBenet's death, I believe Patsy used these skills that she felt comfortable with in her decision to write the dramatic dialog of the 'ransom note' as part of the staging.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Don't mess with Texas
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMoon
    And the reason no one was charge; Boulder, Colorado. Sniff the perfection. Or snort it.
    Pot luck maybe Brother.....

    Hi Josh, welcome to the forum.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    IOW, the fibers suggest JonBenet could have accidentally asphyxiated herself while using the erotic asphyxiation device solo in her own bed.
    This is getting ridiculous, IMHO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalypso
    This is getting ridiculous, IMHO.

    Kalypso,

    It's a THEORY. None of us know for sure what happened. If the existing evidence fits a theory, then that theory should be put on the table with the rest of the theories.

    All theories should stay on the table until, one by one, they are disproven by credible evidence or other information.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab

    It's a THEORY. None of us know for sure what happened. If the existing evidence fits a theory, then that theory should be put on the table with the rest of the theories.

    All theories should stay on the table until, one by one, they are disproven by credible evidence or other information.
    BlueCrab,

    Aliens did it. By your logic you can't disprove this as a possibility, therefore it must stay on the table.

    A 6yo JonBenet dying from self-inflicted AEA games!?

    Almost as likely as a murderous conspiracy among members of the insidious APAC small foreign faction.

    Of course, no-one can disprove that either, so on the table it must stay.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman

    Almost as likely as a murderous conspiracy among members of the insidious APAC small foreign faction.

    Woodsman,

    I'm all ears. Let's hear at least one good reason why APAC, as a "small foreign faction", or one of APAC's members, could not possibily have been involved in the death of JonBenet.

    After all, a member of the politically ultra-liberal, pro-active college group, became an integral part of the politically conservative Ramsey family -- babysitting the Ramsey children and driving them to school, etc.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    Woodsman,

    I'm all ears. Let's hear at least one good reason why APAC, as a "small foreign faction", or one of APAC's members, could not possibily have been involved in the death of JonBenet.

    After all, a member of the politically ultra-liberal, pro-active college group, became an integral part of the politically conservative Ramsey family -- babysitting the Ramsey children and driving them to school, etc.
    BlueCrab,

    Common sense is my one good reason.

    Has there ever been a documented case in the history of law enforcement where a college campus group has carried out a brutal child murder as protest/payback for a grudge against society!?

    By your six-degrees-of-separation logic you can make arguments to hold virtually anyone under suspicion.

    Surely somewhere along the line you have to reconcile this logical approach with your own intuitive abilities, draw a line in the sand so to speak.

    Woodsman.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman
    BlueCrab,
    Has there ever been a documented case in the history of law enforcement where a college campus group has carried out a brutal child murder as protest/payback for a grudge against society!?
    .

    Woodsman,

    Let's please try to keep the misinformation to a minimum. I have never said that APAC carried out a brutal child murder. I said there may have been a loose cannon in the ultra-liberal pro-active group who was the perp. The group's entanglement in the crime would be strictly limited to its coverup by closing shop and clamming up to protect the image of the Asian-American community immediately following the murder once it was apparent one of their own was the killer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast