956 users online (188 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Nicayla Jordan, 6 mos, Newark, 16 Jan 2013

The Newark Division of Police is looking for a missing 6-month-old girl from a family with a criminal past.

Sgt. Scott Snow confirmed around 3:10 p.m. Friday that police are searching for a missing child, Nicayla Jordan, who is described as a white girl with blonde hair. The child has been missing since at least Wednesday night, Snow said.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/viewar...sing-girl-case
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-23-2013 at 08:39 AM.

I hope I'm misunderstanding what was written there. Are they saying that they got a court order to take custody of the baby because her mother was in jail for driving after suspension?
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Okay that article was like woah, a ton of info to take in!!!

Soooooooo
    Dad was put in jail for probation violation on Wednsday.
    Custody of 6 month old baby was awarded to the county/state on Thursday (both parents were in jail).
    Mom was in jail for driving under suspension...but was released today (Friday).
    Aunt and grandma interferred with custody. (I'm guessing they wouldn't hand baby over? or fled when they found out baby was going to be taken?).

From link above, cars possibly being used are:
    a black 1993 Eagle Talon with Ohio license plate EOY 3704 and a gray Jeep Limited with Ohio license plate FKC 3202.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

I'm not sure why they wouldn't now realease the baby back into the mom's custody since she is out of jail. Perhaps they have to see/verify where the baby is first? And I guess the aunt and grandma will have to face charges too for interfering.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Thanks. I found the whole thing a bit confusing.
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Newark Mother Suspected of Kidnapping Baby Daughter

Friday, January 18, 2013
    NEWARK -- Police are searching for a six-month-old baby believed to have been kidnapped by her mother and two other family members.

Investigators have identified two vehicles known to be connected to Hudson: a black 1993 Eagle Talon with Ohio registration EOY3704 and a gray Jeep Limited with Ohio registration FKC3202.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Nicayla Jordan, and/or the women suspected in her disappearance, is encouraged to contact Newark police at 740-670-7200, or their local law enforcement agency.
    Arrest warrants issued:

Amanda Jordan, mother, kidnapping
    Rockell Hudson, aunt, interference with custody
    Susan Allen, grandmother, interference with custody
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I believe this is Newark, Ohio not Newark, NJ as it's listed in the thread....

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2013/jan/...rl-ar-1318447/
    NBC4 found vehicles matching those descriptions and license plates sitting behind the family's home tonight where no one answered the door.
    A neighbor who wished to remain anonymous said they saw all three women at their home after police left yesterday. According to the neighbor the family dropped off their car and then left.

“(The court) didn’t believe that it was in the best interest of the child to be in the custody of family members,” Snow said.

The order was granted because both of Nicayla’s parents were homeless and incarcerated. Nicayla’s father was put in jail Wednesday on a probation violation.

The parents have a history of substance abuse, Edelblute said, including opiates, methamphetamine and prescription drugs. He said the father previously had lost permanent custody of another child.

Quote Originally Posted by amberdawn723 View Post
    I believe this is Newark, Ohio not Newark, NJ as it's listed in the thread....

You are right, my error...perhaps a mod can change that?

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelEyesD View Post
    The Newark Division of Police is looking for a missing 6-month-old girl from a family with a criminal past.

Sgt. Scott Snow confirmed around 3:10 p.m. Friday that police are searching for a missing child, Nicayla Jordan, who is described as a white girl with blonde hair. The child has been missing since at least Wednesday night, Snow said.

I just saw an update on this site that grandmother and aunt have been arrested. No baby or mother yet.

So did NBC4 call the cops and say "Your suspect vehicles are here."

Did the neighbor call the cops and say "They are back at the house now that you've left."

Or did both just decide that the cops could hear about it on the news?

Quote Originally Posted by amberdawn723 View Post

I love this little gem.

In the past Jordan was convicted of falsification
    according to Sgt. Pritt who could not say what Jordan had falsified.

Good grief! What a bunch of losers! I hope they find this baby soon.

As to this quote:

"In the past Jordan was convicted of falsification according to Sgt. Pritt who could not say what Jordan had falsified."

That should probably have read 'would not' say, rather than 'could not.' My guess is he was not allowed to give out that information just yet.

News tonight (10tv) says Mom turned herself in with the baby!
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast