GUILTY Russia - Irina Cherska, 39, found dismembered, Moscow, 3 Jan 2013

I bet fake FB pages and searches are more common than I'd like to think. There is a case or 2 currently ongoing where I could see this happening.

I bet fake FB pages and searches are more common than I'd like to think. There is a case or 2 currently ongoing where I could see this happening.

It wasn't a fake facebook page. He is accused of killing his wife, claiming she went missing, then asking his facebook friends to look for her.

It wasn't a fake facebook page. He is accused of killing his wife, claiming she went missing, then asking his facebook friends to look for her.

semantics. The page was real but it hoaxed people into believing this man thought his wife was missing and was desperate to find her. In that sense the entire purpose the page was being used at that time for was indeed fake.

I am following a case where there is what I would consider to be a "fake" FB page by family members of a missing man. It is purportedly to keep the missing family member's story and face out there, and yet it has not been updated or maintained by the person's family since the initial missing report. I think the page was created as a ruse, for appearances, to appear concerned about this missing person when in reality they know full well he is dead, at the hands of someone in his own family.

That is what Moxie means by "fake" and in that sense it is. The page was not fake, it was his own FB page, but it was used to fake out onlookers and perpetrate a hoax, a fake circumstance.

Tomato, to-mah-to

He used it to convince real people to look for his wife that they believed to be missing.

He used it to convince real people to look for his wife that they believed to be missing.

I referred to it as a fake page because the premise behind it was based on a lie. He knew that she was dead and not missing yet used to his real FB to perpetuate a lie so that others would look for her and to direct suspicion of away from him. My reference to it beinga fake was more in rreference to how it was being used, in a deceitful manner.

I followed you Moxie. :)

How do you get 1300 FB friends? I don't think I even know 1300 people...fake or otherwise.

lol, I am not the one to answer that, I have maybe 30 tops, not even sure how to find out other than counting them (which I just did)

I am old school. I FB but partly so that I can actually follow these cases and check out victim and suspect pages and my FB friends are actual friends, a few long time online associates and family members.

This guy takes the cake alright. Wonder what all those concerned friends are thinking now, knowing what he did and how they were duped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back