GUILTY CA - Sebhrenah Wesson, 25, & 8 children murdered, Fresno, 12 March 2004

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nine found dead in Fresno home; suspect arrested
Seven of the victims were children ages 1 to 8

By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press

FRESNO -- One woman, a teenager and seven children were found dead in a Fresno home Friday, and police have arrested a suspect believed to be the father of all the victims, authorities said.

The nine bodies -- including a woman in her 20s, a 17-year-old girl and seven children aged 1 to 8 -- were discovered stacked and intertwined in a pile of clothes after police responded about 2 p.m. to a custody dispute call on the city's west side, said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

Police arrested Marcus Wesson, 57, who walked out of the house covered in what appeared to be blood and surrendered shortly after a SWAT team arrived, Dyer said. The bodies were discovered in one of the bedrooms when police entered the home after Wesson was taken into custody.

"We do believe at this time that the deceased individuals, most if not all, are the suspect's children," Dyer said.

"This is obviously very unique and there may have been some type of ritual involved."

Police were searching the home for additional victims.
Ten caskets were stacked along a wall inside the single story home, Dyer said, but police didn't know why they were there.

"Who knows," Dyer said, "maybe it's a business that sells caskets. It could be a total coincidence."

Dyer said police had determined the cause of death for the victims, but were not immediately releasing it. He said officers could not immediately determine the gender of some of the younger victims.

Two women who called police reported that a man had their children inside the home and refused to turn them over, Dyer said. The man initially refused to come out. Two other women dashed from the home when Wesson ran into a back bedroom.

Big article with a lot more information:

http://www.trivalleyherald.com/Stories/0,1...2015338,00.html

Link to the discussion thread in the "Crimes In The News" forum is:

http://207.36.4.219/forums/showthread.php?p=176165

Nine found dead in Fresno home; suspect arrested
Seven of the victims were children ages 1 to 8

By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press

FRESNO -- One woman, a teenager and seven children were found dead in a Fresno home Friday, and police have arrested a suspect believed to be the father of all the victims, authorities said.

The nine bodies -- including a woman in her 20s, a 17-year-old girl and seven children aged 1 to 8 -- were discovered stacked and intertwined in a pile of clothes after police responded about 2 p.m. to a custody dispute call on the city's west side, said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

Police arrested Marcus Wesson, 57, who walked out of the house covered in what appeared to be blood and surrendered shortly after a SWAT team arrived, Dyer said. The bodies were discovered in one of the bedrooms when police entered the home after Wesson was taken into custody.

"We do believe at this time that the deceased individuals, most if not all, are the suspect's children," Dyer said.

"This is obviously very unique and there may have been some type of ritual involved."

Police were searching the home for additional victims.
Ten caskets were stacked along a wall inside the single story home, Dyer said, but police didn't know why they were there.

"Who knows," Dyer said, "maybe it's a business that sells caskets. It could be a total coincidence."

Dyer said police had determined the cause of death for the victims, but were not immediately releasing it. He said officers could not immediately determine the gender of some of the younger victims.

Two women who called police reported that a man had their children inside the home and refused to turn them over, Dyer said. The man initially refused to come out. Two other women dashed from the home when Wesson ran into a back bedroom.

Big article with a lot more information:

http://www.trivalleyherald.com/Stories/0,1...2015338,00.html

THis is so terrible. There is so much more to this story, I am sure. Many were very young kids. The CNN article I read said that a few of the police officers at the scene became so distraught they had to be put on paid leave. So many innocent babies.

Here's the link to the CNN story:

CNN

So far it sounds to me like this was some kind of cult.

On the CNN link they have a picture of the murderer. Totally NOT what I expected. I was really taken by surprise.

10 caskets lined up against the wall? 9 for them and one for him?

What we know so far:

Police find bodies heaped and intertwined in a pile of clothes, 10 coffins and have arrested a 57-year-old man they believed to be the victims' father; 7 children are dead, one adult and one teenager. 4 of the women present in the home were all mothers of the dead kids. The women are not considered suspects. The police responded to the home after a caller asked for assistance in a custody dispute.

What we don't know: Was this guy a polyagmist? (can't spell)

The caskets may be a coincidence, but I'm seriously doubting it. 10 caskets and 9 dead people. Sounds like one got away. This is a true tragedy.

Will Gegaros be defending this loser, too? Had to throw that in, my bad. :loser:

River,

It sounds to me like he might have been a polygamist (sp?). Either that or some kind of cult.

Please remember that there are a great many intentional communities and a great many polygamists who do not go around killing women and children. A great many people segregate their sex and social lives from their professional lives. They are not murderers. One of the most extreme communes in Beverly Hills is composed largely of professors, doctors, lawyers, artists and writers. And the artists and writers are those who make a living at it, too! Not paupers. There is little reason to automatically label a communal living arrangement as a cult.

Deleted msg because it's early and I'm distressed.

ETA: Here's the link to Frank Muna/Skeeter/Dirty

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/GMA030922Peterson.html

civilatty said:
Here's a link from the Fresno Bee that quotes attorney Frank Muna, who seems to have some knowledge of the father/murderer...wasn't he the attorney for one of the guys who claimed to have met Scott in a strip club and agreed to steal Laci's car, etc.?

http://www.fresnobee.com/breakingnews/story/8268372p-9111859c.html

Pepper,

Can you please keep up to date on what is happening locally? Thanks

Toth said:
Please remember that there are a great many intentional communities and a great many polygamists who do not go around killing women and children. A great many people segregate their sex and social lives from their professional lives. They are not murderers. One of the most extreme communes in Beverly Hills is composed largely of professors, doctors, lawyers, artists and writers. And the artists and writers are those who make a living at it, too! Not paupers. There is little reason to automatically label a communal living arrangement as a cult.

I think the media did that to sensationalize as usual. Surely they no NOTHING about the family that lived there this quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back