Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    After three months of testimony in Wesson's trial, prosecutor Lisa Gamoian and defense lawyer Ralph Torres took turns Wednesday giving their opinions about what the evidence has shown.

Today, a jury of seven women and five men should start deliberations after the lawyers complete their summations.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story...11392288c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The jury got the case yesterday and continued to deliberate today. Court was resumed today for a couple of questions the jury had. No decision as yet per reporters blog at http://www.ksee24.com/blog/blog-read.asp?n=30793
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The jury got the case yesterday and continued to deliberate today. Court was resumed today for a couple of questions the jury had. No decision as yet per reporters blog at http://www.ksee24.com/blog/blog-read.asp?n=30793
    Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why this deliberation is taking so long? The trial itself lasted much longer than I ever thought it would!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywing
    Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why this deliberation is taking so long? The trial itself lasted much longer than I ever thought it would!
    I would guess that they are having trouble with no fingerprints on the gun, the daughter appearing to have shot herself and no gunshot residue on Wesson's hands. It's clear to me that he is guilty of brainwashing his daughter to the point that she would kill under his direction, but maybe it's not that clear to the jury.

The question today by the jury was to go over the testimony from 0308 and 0309. The testimony of 0309 was the dau. and she described how Wesson discussed with the girls that if they killed, they should kill their child then themselves. And that the killing should be done by putting the gun in their mouths and pointing up. Since the timeline has clarified that all but the dau. were killed earlier I wonder if maybe Wesson didn't do the killing of the kids himself, and then the dau. killed herself. He could have covered his hands with something (clothing, sheet) or washed his hands after killing the children. Then after his dau. killed herself, he thought about poss. fingerprints and wiped the gun down. Remember that Elizabeth testified that she went into the room and saw Wesson holding dau. Lisabeth and she remembered her eyes were open? And that is all she would testify to?

9:29 am

The courtroom doors are unlocked and we file in. The attorneys go into chambers with the judge. Elizabeth and Rosa are seated in the back of the courtroom and Wesson does not turn around to acknowledge them.

http://www.ksee24.com/blog/blog-read.asp?n=30830

Nothing more till Monday

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/san...o/11846880.htm

The judge hearing the case of a man charged with killing nine of his children dismissed an alternate juror for hardship on Wednesday.
    Fresno County Superior Court judge R.L Putnam told the jury deciding Marcus Wesson's fate that alternate juror number one was dismissed before telling them court would be dark on Thursday and Friday, and reminding them not to mention the case during the weekend.

www.fresnobee.com

(subs ) Jurors this morning listened to a witness's secret audio recording of a child-custody dispute that led to the killings of Marcus Wesson's nine children in March 2004.
    Just my opinion

This is beginning to look like a hung jury, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why?? This man is the worst kind of monster - the kind that can seduce his entire family into believing he is some sort of diety.

06/13/05 3:26 pm

Still no word from the jury.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/san...o/11892039.htm

(AP) - Jurors in the murder trial of Marcus Wesson have asked to review the testimony of a pathologist who conducted autopsies on all nine victims. They're also listening to a secret recording of the child-custody dispute that led to the killings.
    ~~
    Dr. Venu Gopal, who was called as a witness by both the prosecution and the defense, told jurors he initially ruled all nine deaths as homicides. But since the killings, Gopal testified, he talked to other experts, did research, and decided that 25-year-old Sebhrenah, Wesson's eldest daughter, could have fatally shot herself.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Just my opinion

I have been watching the blog. Still nothing but guesses and predictions.
    On the 14th the reporters did come up with this:
    Michael Jackson trial
    Deliberations: 33 hours
    Verdict: Not Guilty all counts

O.J. Simpson trial
    Testimony: 9 months
    Deliberations: Less than four hours
    Verdict: Not guilty of first degree murder

Scott Peterson trial
    Testimony: 5 months
    Deliberations: 7 and a half days
    Verdict: Guilty of first degree murder

Charles Manson trial
    Testimony: 9 months
    Deliberations: 9 days
    Verdict: Guilty of murder and conspiracy to commit murder

Menendez brothers trial
    First trial:
    Testimony: 4 and a half months
    Deliberations: Erik—19 days
    Lyle—25 days
    Verdict: Both deadlocked
    Second trial:
    Deliberations: 20 days
    Verdict: Both guilty, each of two counts of first degree murder, as well as conspiracy to commit murder

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I have been watching the blog. Still nothing but guesses and predictions.
    Oh, Lordy .... I thought this was going to be a quick trial and verdict. There must be something within the testimony that isn't public knowledge as of yet. Just goes to show ya, the wheels of justice grind slowly.

Wesson Verdict

To be announced between 10:45 and 11:00

Verdict

To be announced between 10:45 and 11:00

I have a good feeling about this. Hope it is right.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast