Anita Hill reflects on Senate hearings in `Anita'

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ion=4&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_MONWU00L4_UNEWS&page=1

PARK CITY, Utah (AP) — Anita Hill made national headlines in 1991 when she testified that then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas had made sexually inappropriate comments toward her, giving prominent exposure to the idea of sexual harassment. Hill was verbally attacked, and Thomas was confirmed.

More than 20 years later, director Freida Mock explores Hill's landmark testimony and the resulting social and political changes in the documentary "Anita," premiering Saturday at the Sundance Film Festival.........

Hill said she summoned the courage to testify against Thomas because of her love of the law.

"For me it was really about the court, and the integrity of the court was at stake," she said. "And for someone who is a lawyer and a law teacher who is looking at young people every day and saying, `Believe in the law, it's important, it's significant.'

More at link......

On Oct. 7, 1991, University of Oklahoma law professor Anita Hill publicly accused Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of making sexually inappropriate comments when she worked for him; Thomas denied Hill’s allegations and would go on to win Senate confirmation.
* A landmark case. I watched most of these hearings back in the day on my local station. I was never so proud of Oklahoma. I remember shedding a few or more tears…
*What an unpleasant man!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven