949 users online (170 members and 779 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Subway Responds to "Footlong Scandal"

Subway responds to short sandwich scandal by claiming that FOOTLONG is a trademark and'descriptive name' not a 'measurement of length'

"Subway have finally responded to international criticism that their footlong sandwiches only appear to be 11 inches long."

"But their reply won't win them any new fans, as they claimed that the word footlong is a 'registered trademark as a descriptive name for the sub' and 'not intended to be a measurement of length."

"A man in Australia started uproar on Tuesday when he posted a photo on the company's Facebook page of one of its footlong subs next to a tape measure showing the sandwich as just 11 inches."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2IQ0yM5Gg

How about the alleged 6 inch sub? They do state 6 inch sub, is it really 6 inches?

Hey, maybe they just measured it on a cold day. You HAVE heard of shrinkage, haven't ya?
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Hey, maybe they just measured it on a cold day. You HAVE heard of shrinkage, haven't ya?
    even with shrinkage, 11 inches....wow LMBO

i havent eaten at subway since they charged me ~5 dollars for a mayonnaise sandwich on week old bread with limp shredded lettuce (they COOKED the lettuce!). i was thorughly disgusted, (and yes i tell EVERYONE i see LOL) i dont know if it was 6 inches long or not hehe

They're supposed to heat the bun and the meat and THEN add lettuce, tomatoes, or whatever. And I'm pretty sure they have a pretty strict training in how to prepare the subs. So if someone cooked your lettuce, they really screwed up!

Subway seems to be a favorite of kids as they move on from loving McDonalds. I get many requests to go to Subway from the grandchildren now that they are getting a little older. Not so much McDonald's any more, except with the little ones.

does anyone really need a footlong sub? With all the toppings I get with a 6", or even DH's foot long - it's a pretty good deal. I can't believe folks are complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    They're supposed to heat the bun and the meat and THEN add lettuce, tomatoes, or whatever. And I'm pretty sure they have a pretty strict training in how to prepare the subs. So if someone cooked your lettuce, they really screwed up!

Subway seems to be a favorite of kids as they move on from loving McDonalds. I get many requests to go to Subway from the grandchildren now that they are getting a little older. Not so much McDonald's any more, except with the little ones.
    Subway is a much better alternative than Mc'ds or Carl's Jr. or JITB. We don't frequent those places - but, yah, we often go to Subway. Who cares if they're an inch off. I don't

I only care because they lie in their advertisement. I wish everyone would stop telling lies just to sale something. If it's good then I'm going to buy it so I see no sense in false advertisement.

It started when my niece was lil' (around 3), whenever anyone asked her what she wanted to eat she would almost always reply with -"Eat Fresh" !

jajajajajajaja.

I just think that whole thing is silly....

"Foot long" is a marketing 'tag'....

It's not like you're buying a ton of sand, and you expect a ton of sand...

And does anyone remember when construction lumber 2x4's actually stopped being actual 2x4's (as in 2 inches by 4 inches) in measurement??

Move on...lol....

After another lawsuit filed, Subway 'sorry' footlongs came up short

Subway is apologizing that its "Footlong" sandwiches fell short of expectations.

In a statement Friday, Subway expressed "regret" for "any instance where we did not fully deliver on our promise to our customers."

Earlier, a Chicago man joined the ranks of angry customers and filed a lawsuit against Subway Sandwiches for short changing its customers over the length of their footlong subs.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...eB9S8g4hX9kkUN

I love my Subway. I have varied levels of satisfaction with the sandwiches and service depending on which location I visit.

The one I visit during lunch hour is spectacular. The food is good, it is inexpensive, service great, fast accurate.

Love them over there. I eat there at least 3 times a week and I don't give a hoot if they are a bit off on their measurement.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    does anyone really need a footlong sub? With all the toppings I get with a 6", or even DH's foot long - it's a pretty good deal. I can't believe folks are complaining!
    1. Subway is quite expensive in Australia
    2. Australia's "truth in advertising" laws are quite strict. Don't claim it is a footlong if it is not actually a foot long...it's illegal.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

expensive in Australia? Wow SS, I did not know that. I spend on average about $4.50 for my sandwich at Subway, as compared to $6.50 or more for McDonald's or other fast food stateside.

huh, wonder why it's so expensive in Australia.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    expensive in Australia? Wow SS, I did not know that. I spend on average about $4.50 for my sandwich at Subway, as compared to $6.50 or more for McDonald's or other fast food stateside.

huh, wonder why it's so expensive in Australia.
    I don't know but a vege delight 6 inch costs me over $5 now, a foot long is more like $8.

I don't often go there for that reason. You can find fresher, tastier, and cheaper in your local Vietnamese meat roll shop.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast