948 users online (140 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...ing_woman.html
    Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA
    Syracuse, NY – Authorities are looking for a Chenango County woman who has been missing since Tuesday when she told her husband she was driving to Syracuse to shop at Destiny USA.
    She was driving a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with a New York license plate of EFA1962.
    Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.
    Deputies ask that anyone with information about Ramsaran call them at 607-334-2000 and push option 1.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Facebook missing page

Social Networks
    Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
    Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
    Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rumors are not allowed, if you can't link to it then please don't post it here. Main stream media and law enforcement are acceptable at this time.

Thread #1

Finding Jennifer

Please continue here...
    Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

What happened to the other thread?

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Piperdog View Post
    it was pulled for review.

(re: social media rules)

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdog View Post

"Moved: NY NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 **UNDER REVIEW BBL**"

Missing Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Jennifer Ramsaran's phone found near the intersection of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth.

Link to map http://goo.gl/maps/MKesZ

Jennifer’s cell phone was found on December 12, 2012 near the intersection of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth.
    http://cnynews.com/search-for-missin...still-ongoing/
    Last edited by enzeder; 01-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enzeder View Post
    JR phone found near the intersection of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth.
    I'm sure it was just a typo, but GR found the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    I'm sure it was just a typo, but GR found the phone.
    I meant JR's phone was found.

Jennifer Ramsaran's car was found on December 16, 2012, at Plank Road Manor, Plymouth Street, in the City of Norwich on Dec. 16.

Link to map: http://goo.gl/maps/fS9io

Ramsaranís cell phone was found on Dec. 12 in the area of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth, while her 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan was discovered at Plank Road Manor, Plymouth Street, in the City of Norwich on Dec. 16.
    http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2...missing-woman/

I meant JR's phone was found.
    You totally did NOT make a typo - I misread it! It's been one of those days already, sorry Enzeder!

Plymouth

Jennifer Ramsaran's phone found near the intersection of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth.

Link to map http://goo.gl/maps/MKesZ
    That is the town highway sand pile there to the north of state route 23. Moon hill goes up and to the left, with the driveway to the Town Highway garage to to right. There at that Y, Moon Hill becomes a Seasonal Road. I ran it on Thursday. The road is icy and has a small amount of snow covering hard pack because it is a Snowmobile route now.

To the right of the road, there is a creek and it becomes a VERY deep ravine with two large waterfalls. This creek empties into the Canasawacta Creek below near the Rt 23 and Moon Hill Intersection.

In between the waterfalls, the Ravine is VERY deep with drop off cliffs into it where you can't see the bottum. VERY, VERY hard to get down into there now without rappelling in. There's a logging path out to top of the higher falls and then the ravine continues up to where it gets to POSTED signs. It's a very eery location.

Google Earth

JR's Home: Sheff Rd New Berlin, NY 13843

JR's Car Found: Plank Road Manor, 95 Plymouth St, Norwich, New York 13815

JR's Phone Found: New York 23 & Moon Hill Rd, Plymouth, NY 13815

Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadRunner View Post
    That is the town highway sand pile there to the north of state route 23. Moon hill goes up and to the left, with the driveway to the Town Highway garage to to right. There at that Y, Moon Hill becomes a Seasonal Road. I ran it on Thursday. The road is icy and has a small amount of snow covering hard pack because it is a Snowmobile route now.

To the right of the road, there is a creek and it becomes a VERY deep ravine with two large waterfalls. This creek empties into the Canasawacta Creek below near the Rt 23 and Moon Hill Intersection.

In between the waterfalls, the Ravine is VERY deep with drop off cliffs into it where you can't see the bottum. VERY, VERY hard to get down into there now without rappelling in. There's a logging path out to top of the higher falls and then the ravine continues up to where it gets to POSTED signs. It's a very eery location.
    Thanks for that detailed description of the area OffRoadRunner!. I had a look around on Google Earth. It's like a jungle in there and you're so right, it does look eerie.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    it was pulled for review.

(re: social media rules)
    For all that you do!!
    Last edited by Londonrraine; 01-19-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Whew! I didn't know this new thread was here until ORR kindly told me. I wonder how many others in our group don't know? Usually they link to it at the bottom of the closed thread. {{Mods, would you mind doing that, so that people will know where to find us?}} Okay, lemme catch up.

And O/T - Londonrraine, I am so very sorry about your friend

Quote Originally Posted by krey View Post
    Whew! I didn't know this new thread was here until ORR kindly told me. I wonder how many others in our group don't know? Usually they link to it at the bottom of the closed thread. {{Mods, would you mind doing that, so that people will know where to find us?}} Okay, lemme catch up.

And O/T - Londonrraine, I am so very sorry about your friend
    I saw someone commenting on "Help Find Jennifer Ramsaran" saying they couldn't find JR's thread on Websleuths anymore.

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast