1105 users online (212 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Hinky Meter Alert: Florida man killed after dog steps on gas pedal

We’ve all seen tragic headlines about a man being killed by his best friend. But this sad story out of the Sunshine State is truly bizarre: James Campbell died after his dog jumped into his van and landed on the vehicle’s accelerator.

The Associated Press reports that Campbell, 68, has just returned home with Iris Fortner, 56, who had backed up to the driveway of their Florida Panhandle home. Campbell got out and stepped behind the vehicle to open the gate, and Fortner opened the driver’s side door to see where he was. That's when her boxer bulldog reportedly jumped in, landing on the vehicle’s accelerator.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Fortner tried to stop the van, but Campbell was already trapped underneath it. He was pronounced dead at the scene by officials.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...202043038.html

So, who put the van in gear, first? The comments below the story pretty much sum up my feelings.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

As I understand it, the van was in gear because the wife who drove was expecting to back it up the driveway after the deceased man had opened the gate.

Not sure how the boxer managed to ended up on the gas pedal if she was in the driver's seat.

I think the dog might have gotten framed unless there is more to this than the media is reporting.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    It will not be the first time a dog was framed!
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011