Hinky Meter Alert: Florida man killed after dog steps on gas pedal

Dark Knight

Reaction score
We’ve all seen tragic headlines about a man being killed by his best friend. But this sad story out of the Sunshine State is truly bizarre: James Campbell died after his dog jumped into his van and landed on the vehicle’s accelerator.

The Associated Press reports that Campbell, 68, has just returned home with Iris Fortner, 56, who had backed up to the driveway of their Florida Panhandle home. Campbell got out and stepped behind the vehicle to open the gate, and Fortner opened the driver’s side door to see where he was. That's when her boxer bulldog reportedly jumped in, landing on the vehicle’s accelerator.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Fortner tried to stop the van, but Campbell was already trapped underneath it. He was pronounced dead at the scene by officials.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...og-jumps-van-steps-accelerator-202043038.html

So, who put the van in gear, first? The comments below the story pretty much sum up my feelings.

As I understand it, the van was in gear because the wife who drove was expecting to back it up the driveway after the deceased man had opened the gate.

Not sure how the boxer managed to ended up on the gas pedal if she was in the driver's seat.

I think the dog might have gotten framed unless there is more to this than the media is reporting.

It will not be the first time a dog was framed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back