Houston waiter refuses to serve rude customer

Kudos to the waiter and the restaurant that backed him up on this! I have the most adorable 13 year old son who also happens to have Down syndrome, BTW!

Wonderful. As human beings we have an obligation to be protective of others.
I feel so sad for the children of the man who made the comment.
People with Down's Syndrome have some of the kindest hearts I've ever seen. How sad that man couldn't see that.

Wonderful. As human beings we have an obligation to be protective of others.
I feel so sad for the children of the man who made the comment.
People with Down's Syndrome have some of the kindest hearts I've ever seen. How sad that man couldn't see that.

Excellent post. I just don't understand how a full grown adult can be cruel to the most vulnerable in our society. I can only imagine how he treats his wife and kids and his animals.

Kids like Milo are especially beautiful treasures.

Excellent post. I just don't understand how a full grown adult can be cruel to the most vulnerable in our society. I can only imagine how he treats his wife and kids and his animals.

Kids like Milo are especially beautiful treasures.

It is scary. In total honesty...do I feel a bit uncomfortable around special needs people or the elderly? Yes....but I recognize it's my issue...that I feel some huge guilt that I don't have those issues.
I have a child with a "special" need. His is not normally recognizable. It is a serious health condition and I saw even my own family be scared by it. But...and this is the big but...they still love him with all their hearts. My childs issue is physical and treatable but I know he still feels uncomfortable with having to tell people in case something happens or to wear a medical alert. It changes how people react to you.
I feel guilt that I am not totally comfortable around those with challenges but if I were sitting next to that man and heard his comments....I would have given him my full two cents.

what a great story! I just saw this on fox news.

Way to go waiter! You are my hero!

Milo is adorable! I'm so glad this waiter stood up for him. I hope the customer who made the rude comment learned a valuable lesson. I'm sure his family was mortified by his behavior.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back