Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MT- Dejuan Laster, 29, Billings, 17 January 2013

MT- Dejuan Laster, 29, Billings, 17 January 2013

This is a bizarre case. Dejaun Laster, 29, last seen in a Billings, MT hotel room by his girlfriend.

Police say two men armed with guns posing as FBI agents entered the hotel room of Dejaun Laster and his girlfriend. They allegedly zip-tied the two and questioned Laster's girlfriend, but eventually released her.

Laster has not been seen since the incident early Thursday morning, and is now listed as a missing person.
    More at link:

http://www.kxlf.com/news/man-missing...g-in-billings/

Personally, I'd start with the girlfriend. This story, if true, simply defies logic. Hoping and praying Dejaun is found soon and is safe.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

I totally agree. Sure would be nice to know more about this girlfriend.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DylansMom34 For This Useful Post:

"They zip-tied him and they made it seem like they were police officers. They wouldn't display badges or anything like that. The information that she gave me was that when he came back upstairs from going to his car he started running down the hallway yelling for help. If he's running and yelling for help, that means, he's not going to run from police officers yelling for help because who are you actually going to yell help for? He obviously knew that it was somebody who knew him."

The suspects are described as Hispanic males in their 30s. One is 6 feet 3 inches tall, while the other suspect is 5 feet 6 inches tall, both with black hair.Suspected vehicles involved in the crime include a white suburban and a green car.

BBM

wouldn't the other guests hear this?
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scorekeeper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CMac2 View Post
    This is a bizarre case. Dejaun Laster, 29, last seen in a Billings, MT hotel room by his girlfriend.

More at link:

Personally, I'd start with the girlfriend. This story, if true, simply defies logic. Hoping and praying Dejaun is found soon and is safe.
    Very true, I'd start with her too.
    The following is from the same article:
    The woman apparently told Chucky that Dejuan was kidnapped around midnight Thursday, but she waited until about 3 a.m. to contact his family, and it wasn't until about 5:30 a.m. that she contacted police.
    I find the above very fishy. It was also in the above article that the two guys made it seem like they were LE, but it also said they didn't show any badge to them. She could of course be just very scared and shaken up after such traumatic experience but my instincts are telling me there is more to the story than she is telling us.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orgona For This Useful Post:

Police say two men armed with guns posing as FBI agents entered the hotel room of Dejaun Laster and his girlfriend. They allegedly zip-tied the two and questioned Laster's girlfriend, but eventually released her
    BBM
    If these alleged kidnappers really exist, I wonder what kind of questions they asked Dejaun's girlfriend? That would be a good clue as to why they took Dejaun. MOO.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

I'm not buying this story at all. And to wait until 3 AM to contact his family? 5:30 AM to contact police? No way does that make any sense at all. I know that in some cases people wait hours to contact family/authorities when a loved one goes missing, but that's only when people really are not sure anything is truly wrong. Maybe they got held up and are running late, that sort of thing. But after a traumatic experience like this, I would have been on the phone with the police IMMEDIATELY- first and foremost I want badge numbers of these crazy fools that just slammed into my hotel room in the middle of the night. Second, I want to know what the charges are and when my boyfriend is set to be arraigned. That would have also told the girlfriend right away that this was no police action, which is what makes me think she knows what's really going on.

The article says he lived in Billings, MT for about 7 years and recently moved back home to IL. I'd like to know the circumstances of that move. If the girlfriend wasn't involved, and has no idea what happened, I'd next be looking at his buddies/associates from Billings. Any drug past? Criminal history? Obviously someone is pretty angry with this man.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Lots of public posts on FB about this case. Seems most people think the girlfriend is involved.

One post says other items of interest were found in the vicinity of the hotel, such as ropes and maps. Since it was posted on Social Media, I understand it's just a rumor. If maps were found of the area, kind of makes you wonder if the people behind this are NOT from the Billings area- maybe from back home in IL?

Also, his brother claims on his FB page that "Ol' Girl" (which I take to mean Dejaun's girlfriend) tried to "dip" with (steal) Dejaun's car Thursday night after the abduction.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Do they not have surveillance cameras at the hotel? I'm thinking that would help tremendously - to corroborate the story or not.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amberdawn723 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I call "wonk and BS" on this story. The family never called LE either till 5:30AM??? Who eventually did called LE? Who is the girlfriend, why is her name not mentioned...she was assaulted as well, no? How long a gf and how old? Is she from MT or IL? Why was he in MT again for a 2 week trip? Either one have kids?

So he was running down the hall. They caught him. Brought him back to room..where she was, with door still unlocked. Tied both....then questioned and released her, but we don't know why?

What a crock. They were doing or into something....and it went bad. Now wanting LE's help. Anyone know where in IL?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Lots of public posts on FB about this case. Seems most people think the girlfriend is involved.

One post says other items of interest were found in the vicinity of the hotel, such as ropes and maps. Since it was posted on Social Media, I understand it's just a rumor. If maps were found of the area, kind of makes you wonder if the people behind this are NOT from the Billings area- maybe from back home in IL?

Also, his brother claims on his FB page that "Ol' Girl" (which I take to mean Dejaun's girlfriend) tried to "dip" with (steal) Dejaun's car Thursday night after the abduction.
    Were any of those FB's linked to MSM? We can post those. Do you have link to his? TIA

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

FWIW- I located Dejaun in a public record search. The physical charges are not public, but type of charge is. He has several traffic offences, misdemeanors, and at least one felony. Might (or might not) have traveled with a tough crowd. The picture being used in most media outlets of him is a mug shot.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Were any of those FB's linked to MSM? We can post those. Do you have link to his? TIA
    It didn't come from MSM, and the FB posts didn't link MSM. However, if you go to Facebook and type his name in the search box and look at Public Posts you'll find it by scrolling through the status updates and comments.

Also, Dejaun's brother, whose name IS in MSM, but not listed as a suspect (initials CL) has a FB page that is public. He also has information on his page, again, check status updates and comments.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Anyone know where in IL?
    The "crime" happened in Billings, MT where Dejaun has friends and family, and apparently visits regularly.

Currently, however, he lives in IL.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

The "crime" happened in Billings, MT where Dejaun has friends and family, and apparently visits regularly.

Currently, however, he lives in IL.
    I know, but where? Thanks for the other info re:FB.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

So someone kidnapped him from inside a hotel? BOY that would be tricky!! Think of trying to get past the night clerk dragging someone out who's kicking and screaming.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

I know, but where? Thanks for the other info re:FB.
    I don't think the articles specify, but I believe I've located Dejaun and his brother, and they live in Rockford, IL. Didn't know if I could post that or not, as I don't think it's specified in MSM. Sorry in advance if naming the city is a no-no!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Pics of Dejuan

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

On the brother's FB page there's a message that they "have two suspects" and security camera footage will be available in the morning. That, however, was posted around midnight last night.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

His sister is posting in the comments
    http://billingsgazette.com/news/loca...ment_form=true

I checked and there is indeed someone in Yellowstone, booked this morning on felony kidnap and robbery (per recent comment) but no indications that it's linked.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Found Dejuan's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/lay.master

I found his girlfriend's page as well. Not sure if I can post the link to that one or not, so I'll err on the side of caution.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Found Dejuan's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/lay.master

I found his girlfriend's page as well. Not sure if I can post the link to that one or not, so I'll err on the side of caution.
    What's the gf's initials? I'm thinking maybe they were into some illegal dealings, that might be why she waited to call the police. Like maybe a drug deal gone bad? Of course I have no evidence to support that, but just an idea.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always reading For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by always reading View Post
    What's the gf's initials? I'm thinking maybe they were into some illegal dealings, that might be why she waited to call the police. Like maybe a drug deal gone bad? Of course I have no evidence to support that, but just an idea.
    I can't seem to find her FB page anymore. Not sure if it's my pc or if it's been deactivated, but her first name is Mimi. There's a post in the public posts section on FB from a man whose initials are BR, who claims Dejuan is his brother. A commentor challenges that, saying they aren't really brothers, and BR responds that they ARE brothers, because BR's sister is dating Dejuan. As far he's concerned they are family.

That said, I think it's obvious there's a whole lot more to this story than meets the eye. A quick google search of Dejaun's brother- the man his girlfriend called at 3 AM after this "Kidnapping" reveals a lengthy- and scary- rap sheet, and at least one MSM article involving one particular crime that is really serious. Dejaun has had at least one felony arrest and multiple misdemeanor arrests as well.

This may explain why "girlfriend" waited 3 full hours to notify his family, and why she waited another 2 1/2 hours after that to call LE. Additionally, I haven't seen any reports to indicate the brother called LE when he was first told of the abduction either. That boggles my mind. Brother is listed on multiple gang websites in the Chicago area. Seems that with all the gang violence in the area, concerned citizens have started various forums documenting the gang activity and naming names. His name pops up repeatedly. Perhaps that is why everyone was reluctant to involve LE at first. Probably not the greatest relationship/trust between the police and the brother.

JMO, of course.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Sorry for all the posting, but does anyone else find it strange that Dejuan's mom has never met his girlfriend? This article says that she is a Billings resident, which is where he had been visiting- a trip he made from IL with his girlfriend. They were wrapping up a 2-week trip to the area to visit family. If they're there to visit family, why hadn't his mother met his girlfriend during that 2-week timeframe?

http://billingsgazette.com/news/loca...ae8a2edf3.html

Detective Sgt. Casey Hafner said the couple have lived in Illinois for several years but come “in and out of Billings regularly to visit family members.”
    and

Laster’s mother, a Billings resident who did not want her name used because she said she is worried for her safety, said she has never met her son’s girlfriend.
    BBM

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

So the girlfriend called Chuck? And is he the one with the long rap sheet?

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    So the girlfriend called Chuck? And is he the one with the long rap sheet?
    Yep. The incident happened in Billings, MT at around midnight. The girlfriend called Chuck (with the long rap sheet) three hours later at 3 AM. She then waited ANOTHER 2 1/2 hours before calling LE at 5:30 AM. I'm not sure what she thought his brother was going to be able to do for her- he wasn't in MT, he was in IL.

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast