GUILTY MT - Dejuan Laster, 29, Billings, 17 January 2013

CMac2

Reaction score
This is a bizarre case. Dejaun Laster, 29, last seen in a Billings, MT hotel room by his girlfriend.

Police say two men armed with guns posing as FBI agents entered the hotel room of Dejaun Laster and his girlfriend. They allegedly zip-tied the two and questioned Laster's girlfriend, but eventually released her.

Laster has not been seen since the incident early Thursday morning, and is now listed as a missing person.

More at link:

http://www.kxlf.com/news/man-missing-after-alleged-kidnapping-in-billings/

Personally, I'd start with the girlfriend. This story, if true, simply defies logic. Hoping and praying Dejaun is found soon and is safe.

I totally agree. Sure would be nice to know more about this girlfriend.

"They zip-tied him and they made it seem like they were police officers. They wouldn't display badges or anything like that. The information that she gave me was that when he came back upstairs from going to his car he started running down the hallway yelling for help. If he's running and yelling for help, that means, he's not going to run from police officers yelling for help because who are you actually going to yell help for? He obviously knew that it was somebody who knew him."

The suspects are described as Hispanic males in their 30s. One is 6 feet 3 inches tall, while the other suspect is 5 feet 6 inches tall, both with black hair.Suspected vehicles involved in the crime include a white suburban and a green car.

BBM

wouldn't the other guests hear this?

This is a bizarre case. Dejaun Laster, 29, last seen in a Billings, MT hotel room by his girlfriend.

More at link:

Personally, I'd start with the girlfriend. This story, if true, simply defies logic. Hoping and praying Dejaun is found soon and is safe.

Very true, I'd start with her too.
The following is from the same article:
The woman apparently told Chucky that Dejuan was kidnapped around midnight Thursday, but she waited until about 3 a.m. to contact his family, and it wasn't until about 5:30 a.m. that she contacted police.

I find the above very fishy. It was also in the above article that the two guys made it seem like they were LE, but it also said they didn't show any badge to them. She could of course be just very scared and shaken up after such traumatic experience but my instincts are telling me there is more to the story than she is telling us.

Police say two men armed with guns posing as FBI agents entered the hotel room of Dejaun Laster and his girlfriend. They allegedly zip-tied the two and questioned Laster's girlfriend, but eventually released her
BBM
If these alleged kidnappers really exist, I wonder what kind of questions they asked Dejaun's girlfriend? That would be a good clue as to why they took Dejaun. MOO.

I'm not buying this story at all. And to wait until 3 AM to contact his family? 5:30 AM to contact police? No way does that make any sense at all. I know that in some cases people wait hours to contact family/authorities when a loved one goes missing, but that's only when people really are not sure anything is truly wrong. Maybe they got held up and are running late, that sort of thing. But after a traumatic experience like this, I would have been on the phone with the police IMMEDIATELY- first and foremost I want badge numbers of these crazy fools that just slammed into my hotel room in the middle of the night. Second, I want to know what the charges are and when my boyfriend is set to be arraigned. That would have also told the girlfriend right away that this was no police action, which is what makes me think she knows what's really going on.

The article says he lived in Billings, MT for about 7 years and recently moved back home to IL. I'd like to know the circumstances of that move. If the girlfriend wasn't involved, and has no idea what happened, I'd next be looking at his buddies/associates from Billings. Any drug past? Criminal history? Obviously someone is pretty angry with this man.

Lots of public posts on FB about this case. Seems most people think the girlfriend is involved.

One post says other items of interest were found in the vicinity of the hotel, such as ropes and maps. Since it was posted on Social Media, I understand it's just a rumor. If maps were found of the area, kind of makes you wonder if the people behind this are NOT from the Billings area- maybe from back home in IL?

Also, his brother claims on his FB page that "Ol' Girl" (which I take to mean Dejaun's girlfriend) tried to "dip" with (steal) Dejaun's car Thursday night after the abduction.

Do they not have surveillance cameras at the hotel? I'm thinking that would help tremendously - to corroborate the story or not.

I call "wonk and BS" on this story. The family never called LE either till 5:30AM??? Who eventually did called LE? Who is the girlfriend, why is her name not mentioned...she was assaulted as well, no? How long a gf and how old? Is she from MT or IL? Why was he in MT again for a 2 week trip? Either one have kids?

So he was running down the hall. They caught him. Brought him back to room..where she was, with door still unlocked. Tied both....then questioned and released her, but we don't know why?

What a crock. They were doing or into something....and it went bad. Now wanting LE's help. Anyone know where in IL?

Lots of public posts on FB about this case. Seems most people think the girlfriend is involved.

One post says other items of interest were found in the vicinity of the hotel, such as ropes and maps. Since it was posted on Social Media, I understand it's just a rumor. If maps were found of the area, kind of makes you wonder if the people behind this are NOT from the Billings area- maybe from back home in IL?

Also, his brother claims on his FB page that "Ol' Girl" (which I take to mean Dejaun's girlfriend) tried to "dip" with (steal) Dejaun's car Thursday night after the abduction.

Were any of those FB's linked to MSM? We can post those. Do you have link to his? TIA

FWIW- I located Dejaun in a public record search. The physical charges are not public, but type of charge is. He has several traffic offences, misdemeanors, and at least one felony. Might (or might not) have traveled with a tough crowd. The picture being used in most media outlets of him is a mug shot.

Were any of those FB's linked to MSM? We can post those. Do you have link to his? TIA

It didn't come from MSM, and the FB posts didn't link MSM. However, if you go to Facebook and type his name in the search box and look at Public Posts you'll find it by scrolling through the status updates and comments.

Also, Dejaun's brother, whose name IS in MSM, but not listed as a suspect (initials CL) has a FB page that is public. He also has information on his page, again, check status updates and comments.

Anyone know where in IL?

The "crime" happened in Billings, MT where Dejaun has friends and family, and apparently visits regularly.

Currently, however, he lives in IL.

The "crime" happened in Billings, MT where Dejaun has friends and family, and apparently visits regularly.

Currently, however, he lives in IL.

I know, but where? Thanks for the other info re:FB.

So someone kidnapped him from inside a hotel? BOY that would be tricky!! Think of trying to get past the night clerk dragging someone out who's kicking and screaming.

I know, but where? Thanks for the other info re:FB.

I don't think the articles specify, but I believe I've located Dejaun and his brother, and they live in Rockford, IL. Didn't know if I could post that or not, as I don't think it's specified in MSM. Sorry in advance if naming the city is a no-no!

70D6E3A3EB09AD9549494C02362B6DF5_292_292.jpg

50fa10f0538f6.preview-620.jpg

http://mtstandard.com/dejuan-laster/image_4f97d31e-a353-5f3e-a8bd-688dcfd8ef84.html

On the brother's FB page there's a message that they "have two suspects" and security camera footage will be available in the morning. That, however, was posted around midnight last night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back