Three accidental gun show shootings injure 5 in OH, IN, NC on Saturday

Hey, people....let's remember...guns don't injure people...people injure people!

Regardless of gun politics, it is not a notable achievement to have had three shootings injuring five people at gun shows on "Gun Appreciation Day."

Regardless of gun politics, it is not a notable achievement to have had three shootings injuring five people at gun shows on "Gun Appreciation Day."

I was being facetious. I don't like guns. It is my opinion that there would be less deaths overall if there were no guns. Yeah, yeah, I know, people would just find other weapons. Well, some of them would. But guns are just so darn convenient for killing someone.

Hey, people....let's remember...guns don't injure people...people injure people!

Sounds like this gun went off all by itself?

Agency spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson, of Wilmington, unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.

At least there was something good that came out of this, IMO. Thought, I'm sure we'll soon hear the public outcry about a gun show banning private guns :)

The Dixie Gun and Knife Show will continue as planned but there will be no private gun sales allowed, and personal guns will not be allowed on property. Gun sales will be allowed only by licensed dealers within the confines of the Jim Graham Building

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8960332

How did this happened? I read where the gun went off at the inspection point. I have been to gun shows and NONE of the guns were loaded. The vendors take extreme precaution to ensure that nothing bad happens. At a gun show, an individual can bring in a gun to exchange or sell but they are checked at the door to ensure the weapon is not loaded. This individual should have been responsible enough to make sure there were no shells in the chamber before he brought it in - to do otherwise should lead to arrest.

I grew up in a gun owning family. We used guns for hunting and slaughtering. The guns kept in our house were never loaded. I own a rifle and the shells are stored separate from the gun and the gun itself is never stored with a shell in the chamber. These basic practices are taught in gun safety class.

This past fall I took my 11YO grandson to a youth day held by the deer hunters association. They were allowed to shoot a variety of firearms only AFTER attending safety class. Firearms used for hunting by TRAINED people are not problematic.

Most who legally own guns probably think they are responsible gun owners.

How did this happened? I read where the gun went off at the inspection point. I have been to gun shows and NONE of the guns were loaded. The vendors take extreme precaution to ensure that nothing bad happens. At a gun show, an individual can bring in a gun to exchange or sell but they are checked at the door to ensure the weapon is not loaded. This individual should have been responsible enough to make sure there were no shells in the chamber before he brought it in - to do otherwise should lead to arrest.

I grew up in a gun owning family. We used guns for hunting and slaughtering. The guns kept in our house were never loaded. I own a rifle and the shells are stored separate from the gun and the gun itself is never stored with a shell in the chamber. These basic practices are taught in gun safety class.

This past fall I took my 11YO grandson to a youth day held by the deer hunters association. They were allowed to shoot a variety of firearms only AFTER attending safety class. Firearms used for hunting by TRAINED people are not problematic.

Not directed at you, just bouncing off your post, but it seems that some (many?) of these "responsible" gun owners need to go take a basic gun safety class. Just because a gun is purchased legally, definitely doesn't mean that the person who uses/owns it is knowledgeable enough to use it responsibly.

JMO.

In all fairness, people accidentally cut themselves all the time when they're cleaning knives. Of course, the injuries don't usually require much more than a quick, "Ouch!" and maybe a bandaid. I can't remember the last time (or first time) I heard of someone accidentally killing someone else while cleaning a knife. :waitasec:

I think stats show that just as many careless people keep or own guns as carless people who do not. People are careless. Guns are unforgiving.

Most who legally own guns probably think they are responsible gun owners.

There are about 60 million gun owners. I think it is safe to say more than "most" are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back