991 users online (171 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

school tells girl to get a breast reduction after being bullied at school

unbelievable

A Missouri mother is outraged after her daughter's school district allegedly suggested the 13-year-old get a breast reduction to stop bullying.
    Tammie Jackson said her daughter, a sixth-grade student at Central Middle School is being sexually harassed because of her breast size, Fox2Now.com reported.
    When Jackson called the school district to complain she said a woman suggested to me, "to have my daughter get a breast reduction," she told Fox2Now.com.
    The school district tells the news site that the incident is still being investigated.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19...#ixzz2IX3vOVZO

Shameful.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

yes.

It would seem the school is acting the bully too.

Uncalled for, and that sort of surgery wouldn't even be looked at until this girl is 17ish. Some girls are (unfortunately) large chested. She cannot control her chest size. I always felt bad for the big boobed girls.

It would really, really suck to be any child in that school if this is their reaction to what this girl is going through. No 'zero tolerence' for bully there even if some other schools just give it lip service, at least they put the thought into putting the policy in place.

Way to go school. Way to send the message that the bullies are right, there is something "wrong" with this girl and her breasts.

I keep looking at this thread title, coming in, getting mad, trying to post while staying within TOS and then not being able to find the words to express how angry this makes me.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Remember, we are only hearing one side of the story. I would like to hear the schools side of the story before I comment. However, schools have confidential laws, therefore, we probably will not hear it. JMO

Talk about blame the victim!

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    Remember, we are only hearing one side of the story. I would like to hear the schools side of the story before I comment. However, schools have confidential laws, therefore, we probably will not hear it. JMO

the school will most likely say that they don't condone what the woman on the phone told the parent and they will fire her.

that is just my guess.

they will say they have bullying policies and they are 'investigating'.

Bullying makes me so angry :-(

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

the school will most likely say that they don't condone what the woman on the phone told the parent and they will fire her.

that is just my guess.

they will say they have bullying policies and they are 'investigating'.

Bullying makes me so angry :-(
    Yes, or maybe the school will say they don't condone what the woman on the phone told the parent and then they will not fire her. Sometimes justifiable firings, which I think this would certainly be---assuming the mother's account of the conversation is accurate---don't happen unless and until the local community and/or the wider community bring pressure to bear.

I hope that happens in this case because even if the person at school was halfway well-intentioned, the remark was just too ignorant for words imo. The individual who made the comment might be better suited for another line of work.

A surgical solution to kids' cruelty? Uh...no.

If somebody actually did say that, that's crazy. The school employees shouldn't be suggesting plastic surgery to a 13 year old as a method of dealing with bullying.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    Uncalled for, and that sort of surgery wouldn't even be looked at until this girl is 17ish. Some girls are (unfortunately) large chested. She cannot control her chest size. I always felt bad for the big boobed girls.

It would really, really suck to be any child in that school if this is their reaction to what this girl is going through. No 'zero tolerence' for bully there even if some other schools just give it lip service, at least they put the thought into putting the policy in place.
    Considering of all the woman that actually pay good money to increase the size through plastic surgery, I am not sure why you think that is unfortunate.
    Just my opinion

thepinkdragon is offline Verified US Army Veteran/Certified Veteran's Mental Health & PTSD Advocate
    I'm beyond words. I was bullied for my chest size in middle and high school. I don't care if WOMEN pay for implants or reduction this is a CHILD who is being bullied. There should never have been any mention of surgery either way. Yes, what a way to blame the victim! I don't care what the schools version is, surgery should never have been mentioned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by thepinkdragon View Post
    I'm beyond words. I was bullied for my chest size in middle and high school. I don't care if WOMEN pay for implants or reduction this is a CHILD who is being bullied. There should never have been any mention of surgery either way. Yes, what a way to blame the victim! I don't care what the schools version is, surgery should never have been mentioned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I completely agree with you!! That's one of the things I got bullied about, wearing a bra for my 6th grade graduation. This is NOT something a girl has control over, and plastic surgery is NOT the answer at this age. It was a totally inappropriate comment on the school's part and the woman who said it ought to be removed from her position and not work with children!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Way to go school. Way to send the message that the bullies are right, there is something "wrong" with this girl and her breasts.

I keep looking at this thread title, coming in, getting mad, trying to post while staying within TOS and then not being able to find the words to express how angry this makes me.
    That's what Twitter's for!

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Considering of all the woman that actually pay good money to increase the size through plastic surgery, I am not sure why you think that is unfortunate.
    Personally, I find it very uncomfortable. It's not all it's cracked up to be, and I would definitely go smaller if I had the means.

Back to the story: If this child had a hair lip or some other striking feature, would the school have suggested plastic surgery, or would they have been outraged that their students were picking on the child who was different?

It's because her "difference" is her breasts that they can't handle it. Adults who can't cope with or talk about breasts... Looks like they're still stuck on adolescent stupid, too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast