1431 users online (298 members and 1133 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL Child Left To Suffer Severe Burns

Kristine Belanger and Andrew Gonzalez

An anonymous phone call made to child services lead to authorities finding a severely burned child who had been suffering for days from being scolded.

This article doesn't say, but this is a 4 year old daughter of Andrew Gonzalez. Belanger claims she heard the child scream from the shower and found her frozen as scalding water poured over her. Belanger having had a *two hour burn course* because she was a message therapist treated the child with aloe vera. Dumb a**.

Gonzalez who was not home at the time said he treated his child's burns sufficiently because he had been in the Army.

LE said the child's injuries are not consistent with the "story" Belanger told.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130119/...r-child-burned

Poor little girl. She must have suffered terribly.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be.

Belanger, who was home when the incident happened, told investigators that the child “had an accident,” and she put her in the shower.

She said she heard her “screaming in the shower” and ran to her within seconds.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130119/...nclick_check=1

I see they aren't releasing the child's age and so can only assume that the child is somewhat young, young enough to be having accidents. So if the child is young enough to have accidents she is too young to be shoved in a shower and left unsupervised.

Their whole story stinks from the get.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Thank goodness for the anonymous phone call made to authorities. That individual is a hero!!

Hope the lil one recovers emotionally and physically...just horrific.

Bond isn't high enough for the mother and her boyfriend
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

A man and his girlfriend are behind bars after deputies say they severely abused the man's 3-year-old daughter.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular...1GgBSi3uA.cspx

The child, who was injured on Tuesday, had severe burns on her back, arms, chest, head and face, though she is expected to recover.

The child was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital and, according to the arrest report, was going to be taken to Children’s Hospital in Gainesville. Two other children in the couple’s custody were also taken away by DCF, the report says.

In separate interviews, Belanger and Gonzalez said they didn’t take the child to the hospital because they didn’t have Medicaid, but Gonzalez also said that he did not want DCF called, the report says.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130118/...child-hospital
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    Thank goodness for the anonymous phone call made to authorities. That individual is a hero!!
    Amen to that Sailor Bug.

That precious little 3-yr old girl was severly burned by hot water from the shower due to abuse by Belanger. IMO, it sounds like Belanger, angry because the 3-yr old "had an accident" just put the child in the shower, turned the water on, and walked away without even bothering to adjust the water temperature.

I agree that bond should have higher for both of them. I also believe they have had issues with DCF previously.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130119/...sacola-couple-
    charged-with-with-child-abuse-after-child-burned

<snippped> the arrest report says Belanger had lived with Gonzalez and the child for the past seven months.

Two other children in the couple’s custody were taken into DCF custody.

<snipped> Gonzalez also said that he did not want DCF called, the report says.

<snipped> The report says Belanger’s description of what happened did not coincide with the child’s injuries.

Belanger and Gonzalez are charged with aggravated abuse towards a child, child neglect and refusing to provide care as a condition worsens.

yep, anger about the accident. She shoved that child into the shower, turned the water all the way to hot, and I don't know that I am even willing to believe she walked away, I think the [unusual person] stood there, holding that poor child under that scalding water. I think later, when she realized how bad the burns were, then we came up with the stepped away and ran back within seconds BS.

MOO

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Poor helpless little girl. She may have physical scars that never heal, along with emotional scars. The pain must have been horrific, and she was forced to endure it for days. The evil people in her life knew the authorities weren't going to believe their lies. They belong behind bars.