GUILTY GA - Charlie Ray, 35, found dismembered, Rincon, 11 Jan 2013

SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Police went to Chad Moretz's home to ask him about a friend who had gone missing and quickly found themselves in a tense standoff when a relative answered the door and whispered: "He's got a rifle. He's going to kill y'all."

It was at least the fourth time in 18 months deputies had gone to see Moretz. Neighbors and relatives had accused him of chasing his wife with a machete, threatening to kill a man with a handgun and stabbing a dog with a pocket knife. But none of that prepared investigators for what they found Jan. 11 after Moretz walked onto his front porch with an assault rifle and was killed by a SWAT team sniper.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...a-swat-team-charlie-ray-murder_n_2516044.html

I think this is indeed the machette chased person Filly.

smh

This guy was obviously off, and the whole dad murdered mom thing. What is up with this family??

As to her being a paralegal, maybe certified with the education but man, is she currently employed? Cause I wouldn't have anyone looking as er, unkempt as her working in any law office of mine :eek:

for background, here is the story on the senior Mr Moretz (Chad's dad) killing his wife

Family members and co-workers of Christine Moretz have said Jeffery Moretz as a controlling spouse who suspected his wife was having an affair with Christopher Serna, a North Naples man later charged with second-degree murder in the decapitation death of Suzanne Bishop. No motive has been released in the Bishop death.

[what the . . . and the murder just keeps stacking up. the wife of Jeffrey Moretz was killed because thought she was sleeping with Christopher Serna who was later charged with murdering ANOTHER woman. holy heck lots of layers of something in this story. peel back one, another shocking layer of murder beneath]

for background, here is the story on the senior Mr Moretz (Chad's dad) killing his wife

Family members and co-workers of Christine Moretz have said Jeffery Moretz as a controlling spouse who suspected his wife was having an affair with Christopher Serna, a North Naples man later charged with second-degree murder in the decapitation death of Suzanne Bishop. No motive has been released in the Bishop death.

[what the . . . and the murder just keeps stacking up. the wife of Jeffrey Moretz was killed because thought she was sleeping with Christopher Serna who was later charged with murdering ANOTHER woman. holy heck lots of layers of something in this story. peel back one, another shocking layer of murder beneath]

Oh that can't be made up in a flippin fiction story. Dang. Double dang on decapitation.

Poor, poor Charles Ray. That poor guy had Tourette's and had never missed his medication since he was 8 years old. His poor family.

See, we shouldn't make offspring pay for the sins of the father, but in this case it was in the DNA? Or was it? Honestly I don't know what I would do? Not marry him would be first on the list. How could you sleep with this guy in your house let alone your bed?

if this were a movie plot critics would say the story is unbelievable and too convoluted for audience to follow.

You can't make this stuff up. what a mess.

whiskey tango foxtrot!

Why were the others in that house? Cops said it was filthy & smelly... obvious that the stabbing & dismemberment happened in the kitchen.

video describing inside house where Ray is believed to have been killed & dismembered http://www.thecoastalsource.com/mostpopular/story/Effingham-Co-Deputies-Missing-Savannah-man-stabb/lEL5Ur19tkiJWwLiR9baAw.cspx

more:
"Savannah-Chatham police and an Effingham County deputy went to the Moretz home on Whitehall Avenue on Friday afternoon to question the one-time friend about Charlie Ray’s disappearance.
When officers knocked on the door, Moretz’s brother-in-law, Kevin Lambert, opened the door and told officers Moretz was inside but would not come out alive.
Lambert informed officers that Moretz had a weapon and that Lambert’s sister, Kimberly Moretz, was inside. Kimberly Moretz was the wife of Chad Moretz.
“The officers then grabbed Kevin Lambert away from the home, and at that point there was a hostage situation,” http://savannahnow.com/effingham-now/2013-01-14/charles-ray-died-multiple-stab-wounds-0

a lot more info:
http://www2.wsav.com/news/2013/jan/14/11/team-coverage-understanding-moretzray-case-ar-5365607/

the father, Charles Moretz killed his wife
"Christine Moretz was the link between two alleged killers - one her estranged husband, the other her lover.
Moretz was gunned down in a Naples hospital room in early July.
It was her husband, Jeffrey Moretz, 54, whom Collier County sheriff's deputies say pulled that trigger before shooting himself. He survived. .
His rage, according to court documents released Thursday, stemmed at least partially from a relationship between Christine, 53, and her co-worker, Christopher Serna, 34.
Other co-workers told investigators Christine's death pulled the already-withdrawn Serna further into a shell. Before the end of the month, deputies would find him, too, with blood on his hands, in a Naples residence.
The mutilated body and decapitated head of another girlfriend, Suzanne Bishop, was nearby..Now, both men are in Collier County Jail awaiting trials on murder charges.. " http://www.news-press.com/article/20110923/CRIME/109230367/Killings-Naples-women-linked-by-an-affair?nclick_check=1

This is so disturbing! I swear, we need a chart to follow everything.

Meth. Or heroin. Absolutely at least one of the two. In my nonprofessional-but-I-see-it-every-day-at-work-opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It sure ain't the Florida sun.

Sad, right? Lady was living with a man with Tourette's body. I feel so bad for that poor guy's family.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/crime/swat-standoff-in-ga-uncovers-dismembered-body/nT3DF/

Ray's mother, Sandi Ray, said in a brief phone interview her son struggled with Tourette's syndrome.

Megan Edgerly, a friend of Ray's since childhood, said the debilitating brain disorder left him unable to drive or to hold down a job. She said he handled his tics — flailing arms and vocal outbursts — with grace and humor and treasured friends who accepted him in spite of it.

"Charlie never had a frown on his face," Edgerly said. "He was dealt a bad hand, but he always maintained a real positive attitude throughout all of it."

So sad.

After more than four hours, Moretz's wife ran outside through the front door and collapsed in the yard. Then Moretz emerged with an AR-15 rifle. Ehsanipoor said he was raising the gun when a sniper shot him.

Thank goodness for Snipers.

This is crazy! It is like they all got infected with some virus and just started killing!

This first link includes a handy-dandy flow chart!

MoretzSerna_zpsda44eeac.jpg

http://www.naplesnews.com/tablet-sh.../jeffrey-moretz-gets-life-prison-killing-wife

Jeffrey Moretz didn't always sing a repentant tune. In jailhouse letters to his granddaughters months after shooting and killing his estranged wife, Christine, Moretz called her "a selfish, self-centered *advertiser censored*." He wrote about "what she did to me," faulting his wife and her dalliance with a co-worker. "Do not blame me for her death," he told the girls.

To prosecutors requesting a life sentence for Moretz on Friday, the letters showed his true colors. "This was not love," assistant state attorney Mara Marzano said. "This was the ultimate act of domestic violence."

A Collier judge concurred Friday, handing down a life sentence for the 57-year-old convicted of second-degree murder in his wife's killing at a North Naples hospital in July 2011. Collier Circuit Judge James Shenko rejected Moretz's request for the minimum required 25-year prison sentence, despite Moretz's tearful declaration of regret.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/21/serna-try-insanity-defense/20739191/

A North Naples man accused of decapitating and mutilating his girlfriend in 2011 intends to use the insanity defense when he heads to trial next year.

Christopher Serna, 37, is charged with second-degree murder in the brutal killing of Suzanne Bishop...

Serna is scheduled for a trial in February, but that date is likely to be moved back. In a motion filed Thursday, Serna's attorneys are seeking to have crime scene and autopsy photos barred from evidence due to their graphic content.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back