GUILTY NM - Five Griego family members murdered in their Albuquerque home, 20 Jan 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: NM officials: Teenage gunman fatally shoots 5 at Albuquerque home; suspect in custody.

Breaking: Five Dead in South Valley Shooting (abqjournal.com)
A male juvenile is in custody this morning following a shooting in the South Valley that left five people dead.
---
Deputies were dispatched and found an adult male, an adult female and three children dead.

All victims appeared to have suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Multiple weapons appeared to have been used to include an assault-type rifle. The investigation is ongoing and the identities of the victims have not been release, officials said.

A male juvenile is in custody and is being charged with two counts of murder, and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.
--
-
a bit more and a map at the link

---
The victims' identities haven't been released, and the boy's motive and connection to the five victims weren't immediately unknown. Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson said investigators were trying to determine if the victims were related.

Investigators also were seeking to determine who owned several guns that were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle.
---
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/officials-nm-teen-gunman-kills-5-inside-home

A male juvenile is in custody and is being charged with two counts of murder, and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.

Why not five murders?

at first blush it is looking to me as if the teen assailant murdered his family. Very sad, wondering what triggered the annihilation of this poor family.

i also assume this will be a case of a domestic crime and the country will focus on gun control solely (valid) but overlook mental health as the actual "cause"

not trying to cause a debate on gun control. I'm neither wildly pro or con. just discouraged that mental health still seems to be pushed to the side.

Griego and his wife, Sarah, have 10 kids, according to the pastor’s biography on the Calvary Church website, which has been removed. The other children’s ages were not given in the biography.

The suspect, NG, 15, was not well known among those living within a block or so of the family’s home on Long Lane in the South Valley.

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013...aking-five-dead-in-south-valley-shooting.html

Mr. Griego's bio:
http://web.archive.org/web/20111203...aryabq.org/churchinfo_pastoralbio.asp?p=gregg

Greg began serving in the ministry at Calvary Chapel Montebello in California. After Six years at Montebello, the Lord impressed upon his heart to move to New Mexico to attend the School of Ministry and Shepherd School here at Calvary of Albuquerque. Greg then joined the Light and Liberty Jail Ministry. Along with overseeing the Jail Ministry here at Calvary, he also oversees the Spanish Ministry, Food Pantry, and Veterans for Christ. Greg is a part of International Fellowship of Chaplains, Inc. As Senior Chaplain, he holds the rank of Captain in the Albuquerque Regional Community Chaplain Corps, and is a volunteer Chaplain for Albuquerque Fire Dept. He serves on the advisory board for Micah Fellowship, a ministry to the justice system. Greg and his wife, Sarah, have ten children, G, E, A, P, C, V, Nehemiah, Z, J, and A.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

http://www.meetone.com/voting-photo/2201579

Do you think this is him? If his User name is his DOB that would in fact make him 15. Follows what the neighbor said about wearing camo.

" well I'm a fun loving guy.who like to make ppl happy I might be shy but I'll open up once you get to know me"

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back