GUILTY NJ - Alishia Colon, 16, shot dead in her Kearny home, 17 Jan 2013

Moxie Vi

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
A 16-year-old girl was shot dead in Thursday night, but first hid her 7-year-old little brother, likely saving his life.

Authorities in Kearney, New Jersey don't yet know who shot Alishia Colon in the head, killing her in her own bedroom, but what seems sure is that Colon is a hero, having made the lifesaving decision to hide her little brother to protect him from her killer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265288/Alishia-Colon-death-Hero-big-sister-murdered-home-just-hiding-little-brother-saving-life.html

She sounds like she was such a good person. Who does something like this?

This was my home town and it was a terrific place to grow up!But all of Jersey is slowly being ruined!Too easy on the slimy criminals! We need the Death Penalty back!
In the 1970's we never locked a door and in the summers window could be left open all summer long,I use to walk the Ave after midnight and no one ever bothered me.Mayberry and it is a horrible place now!
RIP

'She was so good,' Baez said. 'She was so smart. She was so nice. She helped me a lot...and they just took her.'
Baez spoke through tears to The Jersey Journal.
'She loved her school work,' he said. 'She just wanted to live life...to live.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...little-brother-saving-life.html#ixzz2IYqMFeyU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Above quotes from her boyfriend about Alishia.

Her poor little brother, he must have been so frightened. Such a brave big sister. I hope he uses this gift (his life) to the fullest and never suffers survivor guilt over the loss of her.

How tragic that this brave young girl never will see her dreams come true.

What an amazing spirit she had. How tragic that such a wonderful young person was taken so soon.

What a courageous girl! May she RIP. I hope her little brother is able to heal from the trauma he endured.
Why are people so evil?

From May 2015:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/05/cooperating_witness_to_testify_in_trial_of_man_cha.html

The investigation led to the arrests of Cruz Martinez Jr., 43, of Hazleton, Pa., as well as Eric L. Shelton, 21, of Orange, Lamar D. Farrar, 24, of East Orange, and Kyeeth L. Smith, 23, of Willingboro...

Shelton has pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary and second-degree conspiracy to commit aggravated assault. Each count carries a maximum sentence of up to 10 years in prison, officials said.

Farrar already pleaded guilty to second-degree unlawful possession of a gun and second-degree conspiracy to commit aggravated assault. Each count carries a maximum sentence of up to 10 years in prison, officials said.

Smith, the getaway driver, pleaded guilty to second-degree unlawful possession of a gun and hindering apprehension. He faces up 10 years in prison on the weapons offense and up to five years on the hindering apprehension count, Rozzi said.

From last month:

http://standardspeaker.com/news/hazleton-man-gets-life-in-prison-for-teen-s-execution-1.1917914

A Hazleton man has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of murdering a 16-year-old New Jersey girl in 2013 as she sat on a bed watching television with her 7-year-old brother after a brawl that involved a family member.

Cruz Martinez, 44, whose last known address was West 14th Street, Hazleton, was convicted in May of the murder of Alishia Colon and sentenced on Friday in Hudson County, New Jersey.

Martinez, who continues to maintain his innocence, shot the teen in the face as she pled for her life, according to witnesses. He will have to wait 53 years before he is eligible for parole.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back