1246 users online (221 members and 1025 guests)  

Websleuths News

Mistakenly Freed Inmate

CANTON, Ohio - An inmate released by mistake by jail officials in Ohio arranged his own way back to the prison in Colorado where he still has two more years to serve. He even called to say he was on his way.

Stark County jailers let Ricky Lee Claycomb go on Tuesday after he was acquitted of a rape charge he had been brought to Ohio from Colorado to face. Jail officials apparently never saw the paperwork to return him to the prison.

"We don't know exactly what happened," Sheriff Tim Swanson said.

Claycomb, 37, called his mother in Henderson, Colo.

"He told them at the jail that he was supposed to be taken back to Colorado," said his mother, Jill Claycomb. "He said they told him he was done in Canton and it was his problem to get back."

She sent him money for a bus ticket. After the two-day trip to Colorado, Claycomb visited her long enough to have oatmeal and peaches for breakfast and pizza for lunch, and then his brother drove him to Colorado's Fremont Correctional Facility in Canon City.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...urteous_inmate

Well, thank God "little Ricky" happened to be smarter than your average felon. This is one of the few that I would have to say should get time off for good behavior. He not only returned to the prison voluntarily, he borrowed the money to get there. Stupid Stark County jailers! "Mistakenly" letting prisoners go happens way too often
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Maybe he recognized a good meal ticket.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.