634 users online (78 members and 556 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Mistakes made that led to Casey being aquitted...

I want to see what members here can come up with as far as actual mistakes made by OCSO, the prosecution (yes, love them, but let's be realistic), Judge Belvin Perry, the media, the system, and the laws in Florida, that led to this accused murderer being set free, and what we can learn from it all.

The system failed to secure justice and safety for its citizenry in this case, let's analyse what happened to see if things can be learned for future reference, and is the state doing anything to change future outcomes?
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

For starters:

OCSO missing search for 'foolproof suffication' on Casey's computer
    OCSO failing to follow up properly after Roy Kronk first discovered Caylee's remains
    Jury selection and selection criteria
    Prosecution not bringing Caylee to life during the trial
    Prosecution too soft on rebuttal
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Prosecution's persistence on the chloroform as the method of death when there wasn't really anything to back that up in the eyes of the jury. Had they only know about the fool proof suffocation searches I feel their case would have been built very differently.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Prosecution not introducing Caylee as a whole person .. I didn't really feel I ever KNEW Caylee, therefore easier to not feel empathy for HER as a person.

Believing that George and Cindy would not continue to be deceitful while on the stand.
    Not presenting the ping map and timeline of FCA’s activities for the day Caylee died.
    Not taking a picture of the heart sticker residue.
    Letting LE agent DNA contaminate the crime scene.
    Smirking and joking about pigs in a blanket has no place in a court of law during a murder trial.

Even with all of the above, you were the only white knight Caylee will ever have. Thank you Jeff.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

Prosecution IMO failed to adequately control/utilize GA and CA well during trial. Their testimony was a mess and was not helpful to the prosecution case. Given the personalities involved I think prosecution had to know they were wild cards capable of sabotaging the case and used them anyway. Bad gamble MOO

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

great minds, lol

Going for the Death Penalty.

I realize that there was reason not to but I think FCA should have been arrested after all that night (if only booked for suspicion or theft or whatever) and have had Allen & Melich take it from there...Outcome of what she did say may not have differed much but there would have been absolutely no question as to it's admissibility.

I agree with the above and add:

Perry in allowing the defense table to be right across from the jury.

Perry in allowing the theatrical comforting of Dorothy Sims.

I will second the Perry decision to allow the Dorothy/Casey performance.

*Jury not visiting the 'Car'
    *Jury not opening the 'Cans'

Perry allowing Casey to 'testify' via facial expressions.

Perry rushing through jury selections, taking jurors who had unbreakable plans and promising them that the trial would be over in time. (I sincerely believe that the person on the jury who had non-refundable cruise tickets, which was to depart the same week they were deliberating, had some influence on the rest of the panel. If they would have found her guilty, they would have had to deliberate the penalty phase and that person would have missed their cruise.)

Perry empanelling a non-death penalty qualified jury (the woman who said she couldn't judge people should never have been allowed on the jury, Batson challenge or not).
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I want to see what members here can come up with as far as actual mistakes made by OCSO, the prosecution (yes, love them, but let's be realistic), Judge Belvin Perry, the media, the system, and the laws in Florida, that led to this murderer being set free, and what we can learn from it all.

The system failed to secure justice and safety for its citizenry in this case, let's analyse what happened to see if things can be learned for future reference, and is the state doing anything to change future outcomes?
    Fixed that for ya!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

*JB getting a paltry 'slap on the wrist' for 'blatant' contempt.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast