1174 users online (211 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Perry allowing Casey to 'testify' via facial expressions.

Perry rushing through jury selections, taking jurors who had unbreakable plans and promising them that the trial would be over in time. (I sincerely believe that the person on the jury who had non-refundable cruise tickets, which was to depart the same week they were deliberating, had some influence on the rest of the panel. If they would have found her guilty, they would have had to deliberate the penalty phase and that person would have missed their cruise.)

Perry empanelling a non-death penalty qualified jury (the woman who said she couldn't judge people should never have been allowed on the jury, Batson challenge or not).
    You said exactly how I feel. Other than the above, I don't think the prosecution did their best job of putting the case together for the jury. There were too many holes left. There was SO MUCH more information that we had available that should have been presented to the jury. Maybe they felt rushed? I feel that they were rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I'm going to ad the Sunshine Laws which led to the media frenzy which made it impossible to select a jury pool who hadn't already made their own conclusions, so they felt they needed to find jury members who had been living under a rock or otherwise not interested in current events, don't watch news, don't read newspapers, don't blog etc etc ...

I'm going to ad Nancy Grace et al here too.
    I don't think the media and Sunshine Laws was necessarily a bad thing - except seeing Casey, Baez and Mason's faces on tv.

I have followed the case since the beginning, read most of the evidence, and I could have sat on the jury and been impartial. With that said, based on the evidence (or lack thereof) that was presented, I'm not sure I could have convicted her either. There was just so much wiggle room left by the prosecution. I will give it to LDB - the opening statement was excellent!

(NOTE: As much as I believe in OJs guilt, I wouldn't have convicted him either based on the evidence presented at trial. And, I followed it closely while in college taking Criminal Investigations.)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetT View Post
    I always thought there were several factors..1st off that vehicle should have been taken into custody from day 1. From what I understand it reeked of death, so should have been a big clue. Yes Roy cronk not getting the LE attention needed also was a big factor.
    But I said it in the beginning to my hubby and will say it again. The Prosecution did not connect the dots for the jury and did not tie it all up in a big pretty bow. They gave them too much credit, assumed they would be smart and figure things out. They should have also let Tony and the ex Forgot his name speak...because Casey didn't want a bf that loved caylee which is why she broke up with the first dude...and tony didn't want girls... Also it needed to be brought out that she hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. This all needed to be brought to light, cause you have to assume the jury knows nothing.
    BBM: Well said!! And, they could have brought up the fact that Casey said she was a "spiteful b*tch".

Jesse Grund is her ex-bf who loved Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Yes .. Why not Miami?
    Why not the Panhandle? There are a lot of people who didn't follow this case in my area of FL. When they mentioned Liberty County (Bristol) as a place to bring the trial to, I was praying for it to happen. I'm not from there, but know people that live there.

After hearing Baez making wild non substantiated claims about George molesting Casey and George doing this and that..I told my husband..You know, this Girl is gonna walk. It should not be allowed to make up something like that ..to accuse others without fact, or without proof. I mean seriously I would have sued had someone done that to me. I think it should be not allowed, it tainted the jury...Baez should have been stopped, reprimanded on it etc. A new jury should have been selected at that point JMO.
    I so agree!! I told my husband at the end of jury selection that she'd walk. You don't let people on a DP jury that doesn't believe in the DP (or can't judge a person). If a person can't judge someone, based on the evidence presented, then they should NEVER be allowed on a jury.

Baez's behavior and lies (he slandered George all in the name of getting his client off) and it was allowed? That should never be allowed. JMHO

There were so many errors in this case, but I think all the above is a good starting point at where this case went wrong. Didn't one of the jurors admit that there were 2 that had to be "convinced" to change their vote so they could leave? They could have hung the jury and yes, it would have all started over, but at least we would have had a better chance at getting a conviction.

Judge Perry also should have stressed to the jury that a motive is not a requirement for the prosecution. But, they all wanted to know the motive. Ohhhh.....
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

I also agree with the poster who said the Defense's table should have never been allowed to move. It had nothing to do with the location of their computer screens, but all about having the jurors see Casey as a "small" (lowering her chair) young woman who loved her daughter. Cue the fake tears!

Also, the coddling by DS.

Oh, and didn't JP say that he wouldn't handle Baez's mishandling of different things after the case was over? Did he report him to the bar like many were led to believe by his statements.
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Angry

Never should have let a woman onto the jury who "refused to judge". That's what a jury is all about- judging people!!!
    It became all about race.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Cindy's testimony should have been impeached on the basis she perjured herself, and the family should not have been called to testify at all, they were not impartial!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceseeker35 View Post
    1 Cindy sticking her head in the sand and not confronting KC for 31 days
    2 GA not calling 911 at the toe yard
    3 CA cleaning the car and washing KC clothes
    4 CA not admitting to what the flurry calls were about. And the argument the night before
    5 prosecution not bringing up the fighting and the flurry of calls enough to establish a better motive, cause the jury didn't by the young and free of responsibility motive.
    6 not showing the jail tape of KC when the remains were discovered
    7 not exploring the June 16 timeline enough
    Yes!!!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Angry

After hearing Baez making wild non substantiated claims about George molesting Casey and George doing this and that..I told my husband..You know, this Girl is gonna walk. It should not be allowed to make up something like that ..to accuse others without fact, or without proof. I mean seriously I would have sued had someone done that to me. I think it should be not allowed, it tainted the jury...Baez should have been stopped, reprimanded on it etc. A new jury should have been selected at that point JMO.
    Judge Perry should have emphasized to the jury that Opening Statements are not evidence!!!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    LE should have taken that car as soon as they came to the Anthony house!It smelled of death but not one officer seemed to notice,that killed me from being! FAILURE!

Kronk Officer should have looked in those woods with his first call !Caylee was missing and lived around that block FAILURE!

FCA Should have been arrested after the 911 calls! FAILURE!

I know 2 Officers were fired but I really believe local police were incompetent in the beginning.

Letting anything come in from that con artist who sister just happen to be in a jail cell near FCA then ,that also has ties zany sunglass guy then she just happens to befriend George THAT one I am still not buying!FAILURE!

Judge Perry seating a jury like he was playing a game of musical chairs!Case was too high profile for that kind of expedience FAILURE/Perry!

Keeping a Juror because the defense said it was racial and it was what she said but he let his own life experience color his rational thinking IMO! FAILURE/Perry

Found out from the movie Judge Perry Did not have to let BAEZ take lead but he allowed it! FAILURE /PERRY!

Allowing FCA to face jury so they could see her impression of the incredible shrinking murder defend and wake her fake no tear crying FAILURE/J.PERRY!
    Treating Baez with kid gloves (Due to incompetent/his appeal record) and screaming at Prosecutors who were very competent.Making it look like he was on Baez side FAILURE PERRY!

Perry treating the jury like he was timeshare salesman so worried about their nightly entertainment FAILURE/PERRY!

Seemed to worry way too much about what the dessert lady was breaking them all! FAILURE/Perry!

CYA mode to protect his appeal record and also fast tracked the jury to save $ a few more dollars would have been well spend!Penny wise pound foolish IMO FAILURE/Perry!

He should have never allowed them to not look at any evidence ,I am not sure if he could not or just didn't FAILURE/Perry

He should have made jury instruction juror friendly(dumb downed)these were not a group who read newspapers or watched news! FAILURE/Perry

He should have allowed the cans to be opened! FAILURE/Perry

He should have declared a miss trial FAILURE/Perry

He could and should have not accepted that verdict from my understanding he did not have to.He looked at it twice so he knew it was wrong! Was it because of the costs or because of his long term friendship with CM? EPIC FAILURE/Perry.

Jury should have went to the car/or car should have been towed to the court house,so jury could have a whiff! FAILURE Prosecution! or States Attorney said no!

ASHTON is very intelligent he should have dumbed down a little esp. because those 12 did not read or watch news which imo means you keep up with the new technology they apparently needed it formatted like a movie! FAILURE/Ashton

Not finding the computer searches AZLawyer and JWG found ...........EPIC FAILURE!

Just off the top of my head I am sure there is more! I wish Stan would have been the judge he would have done a better job and the defense knew it!
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    LE should have taken that car as soon as they came to the Anthony house!It smelled of death but not one officer seemed to notice,that killed me from being! FAILURE!

Kronk Officer should have looked in those woods with his first call !Caylee was missing and lived around that block FAILURE!

FCA Should have been arrested after the 911 calls! FAILURE!

I know 2 Officers were fired but I really believe local police were incompetent in the beginning.

Letting anything come in from that con artist who sister just happen to be in a jail cell near FCA then ,that also has ties zany sunglass guy then she just happens to befriend George THAT one I am still not buying!FAILURE!

Judge Perry seating a jury like he was playing a game of musical chairs!Case was too high profile for that kind of expedience FAILURE/Perry!

Keeping a Juror because the defense said it was racial and it was what she said but he let his own life experience color his rational thinking IMO! FAILURE/Perry

Found out from the movie Judge Perry Did not have to let BAEZ take lead but he allowed it! FAILURE /PERRY!

Allowing FCA to face jury so they could see her impression of the incredible shrinking murder defend and wake her fake no tear crying FAILURE/J.PERRY!
    Treating Baez with kid gloves (Due to incompetent/his appeal record) and screaming at Prosecutors who were very competent.Making it look like he was on Baez side FAILURE PERRY!

Perry treating the jury like he was timeshare salesman so worried about their nightly entertainment FAILURE/PERRY!

Seemed to worry way too much about what the dessert lady was breaking them all! FAILURE/Perry!

CYA mode to protect his appeal record and also fast tracked the jury to save $ a few more dollars would have been well spend!Penny wise pound foolish IMO FAILURE/Perry!

He should have never allowed them to not look at any evidence ,I am not sure if he could not or just didn't FAILURE/Perry

He should have made jury instruction juror friendly(dumb downed)these were not a group who read newspapers or watched news! FAILURE/Perry

He should have allowed the cans to be opened! FAILURE/Perry

He should have declared a miss trial FAILURE/Perry

He could and should have not accepted that verdict from my understanding he did not have to.He looked at it twice so he knew it was wrong! Was it because of the costs or because of his long term friendship with CM? EPIC FAILURE/Perry.

Jury should have went to the car/or car should have been towed to the court house,so jury could have a whiff! FAILURE Prosecution! or States Attorney said no!

ASHTON is very intelligent he should have dumbed down a little esp. because those 12 did not read or watch news which imo means you keep up with the new technology they apparently needed it formatted like a movie! FAILURE/Ashton

Not finding the computer searches AZLawyer and JWG found ...........EPIC FAILURE!

Just off the top of my head I am sure there is more! I wish Stan would have been the judge he would have done a better job and the defense knew it!
    You nailed it! Thanks weren't enough!

I hate this

I know.. Reading these I get this sinking feeling makes me want to cry. I think the prosecution was too confident they could lead the jury on this logical progression path that takes them to KC and murder and cover up. They just found some bs story that makes Kc a victim that was much more pc which was jb's scenario. That was the most clever thing the DT came up with. I won't get over the verdict ever.

"Burdick's opening came at the start of the day and she launched into Casey Anthony's lying for 31 days about where she was, where Caylee was, what they were doing.

"It's with her back against a wall...that Casey Anthony first says these words: 'Caylee was kidnapped by the babysitter.' The babysitter that no one has ever seen," Burdick said. Cindy Anthony's first response, directed at Casey: "What did you do?"

Cindy Anthony then went into an all-out panic, Burdick said, and calls 911 for the third time.

(http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ny-duct-tape/2)

. . . so why did the prosecution not cross examine Cindy on this point when she was all into defending Casey?
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

I will never, never understand why HHJP allowed the jury to smell the velveeta box from the garbage but not the smell of demcomp that the prosecution had canned.

As I recall, he claimed that the act of smelling the decomp would make the jury, themselves, witnesses of sorts (which never made sense to me). But if he claimed that was true for the decomp scent, then why was it not also true for the velveeta odor?

Like it was alright for them to smell the velveeta and think, "Yeah, this is foul smelling; it could have been mistaken by LE for the odor of decomp." But then they were incapable of smelling another other odor from the trunk and determining whether or not it could have been decomp?

This should have been challenged, imo.

Perry may have focused more on trying to avoid appealable issues than in being fair handed ~ all at the expense, in the end, of allowing the truth to shine through.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

I just got finished discussing on another blog all the unfortunate events that happened and wound up helping to set FCA free, so I copied and pasted it here, and added at the bottom where I thought the prosecution went wrong:

- She dumped Caylee’s body in the most careless way … only a few feet from the road, but no-one could find her because of the hurricaine
    - the cop first called by kronk slipped in the mud and refused to go any further
    - the tow yard called her parents instead of law enforcement
    - cindy cleaned the trunk and washed her pants so evidence was lost
    - her family lied and covered up for her
    - the DCF report wasn’t done on time for the trial
    - she managed to find the sleeziest lawyer willing to lie and obstruct justice (IMO)
    - because of the media attention, a jury couldn’t be selected from Orlando
    - Judge Strickland was recused and Judge P was assigned the case (I would need a whole page for how judge P contributed to the acquittal)
    - OCSO missed the fool-proof suffocation search
    - she managed to wind up with the 12 laziest, greediest people in the country that REFUSED to convict her on ANY charge.

As far as where I think the proseuction went wrong ...
    - not addressing the timeline on 6/16 to prove a drowning couldn't have possibly happened
    - speaking to the jury as if they were intelligent, thinking, rational people.

Or a very clear jury instruction stating that if accusations by the attorneys during argument are not proved they should be considered NOT TRUE

Also think a better search effort earlier would have found that baby when better forensics could have been achieved. If I lived on hope spring and lost my child that wooded area would be the first place I'd head......
    Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
    Ayn Rand

JMO and MOO ... but I still wonder IF there was any jury "tampering" ?

I am still about the possibility of jury tampering, and still lean in that direction. I know ... it may seem far-fetched to still think this ... but ya never know ... I still can't shake the feeling that there was some jury tampering.

On the other hand, many mistakes were made during the Trial :

1. Judge Perry ... it was "his" court and he had CONTROL over it ! He should have NEVER allowed many of those "shenanigans" by the defense team in "his" courtroom, but he did

Y'all listed many great points above and I totally agree with them !

2. Jose Baez and the ENTIRE Defense Team's shenanigans !

Again, y'all listed many great points above and I totally agree with them !

3. The ANTHONY Family ... I truly believe Mr. Ashton was DUPED by George Anthony -- he "trusted" him and he should have NEVER trusted George ... I think that Mr. Ashton MAY have felt "sorry" for George because Jose was accusing George of molesting FCA and implicating him in covering up for FCA with the drowning story, which he knows did NOT happen ...

I feel so sorry for Mr. Ashton ... he did a job as well as the rest of the Pros Team ... but he should have NEVER trusted an "Anthony" ...

Also, the Prosecution Team should have treated ALL of the Anthony's as HOSTILE WITNESSES !

And they were HOSTILE witnesses, IMO ... they did NOTHING at all to help the State ! The Anthony's were there for Casey -- NOT Caylee ... and this still makes me furious

Okay ... rant over ... Night All !

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast