Michael Rafferty Appeal?

GingyzGirl8

Reaction score
Word has it that there will be a hearing in the next couple months regarding the appeal process...Any thoughts here? Anyone else think it's a complete waste of time and disgrace to Victoria's family?

Word has it that there will be a hearing in the next couple months regarding the appeal process...Any thoughts here? Anyone else think it's a complete waste of time and disgrace to Victoria's family?

Welcome to Tori's forum Ging! You say word has it...could you please provide a link with this information to where this is in the MSM as this would be very helpful to share with us on Tori's forum. IMO he is a waste of skin, time and money. He doesn't like his new home, neighbours or caretakers, therefore will do whatever it takes because he's desperate and I'm :floorlaugh: regarding his appeal. He's a LOSER in more ways than one. Again MHO.

Hi Swedie and thanks for the welcome:seeya: To answer your question I am the girlfriend of Rodney Stafford and have quite a bit of insight and knowledge regarding this case as I was in the court room every day through the trial! Also I was present last week when he received a phone call from victim assistance services stating that the process is underway :please: Hope to god they see through this BS and lock him up for good:jail:

It is the Law. It wont go anywhere. Let him appeal all he wants. I kind of like that he may get his hopes up just a tad only to be dashed lol. Difficult for Family's for sure. He will never see the light of day. As it should be. Tori is the one we will remember :rose:

GingyzGirl8..I am happy to see you here..:) I am one of the people who tweeted the whole Trial here...I have been broken hearted from the day Tori went missing april 2009!...I feel terrible for all of you.I was a strong advocate in trying my Hardest to get the Tori law past...I think his appeal M. R. is doing is terribly disgusting.I hope it is squashed the moment it appears in front of the courts again...

I know you realize that all of Ont stands beside you all...I send my best wishes to all of YOU....Please tell Rodney that we are here beside you all ....Micheal Rafferty is exactly were he belongs and let him stay there until his last breathing day ....I have nothing but sorrow for what happened and I think of sweet Tori everyday ... I belive strongly that t his just should have NEVER HAPPENED and I wish that Tori law was heard in Parliament! I am a very strong advocate in wanting what Rodney said " Let tori be remebered for the child that made a change for our COUNTY so all childern could be safe"....Amen robynhood!...again very happy to see you here...:) ...warmly welcomed!

O/T Sadly we have another Case here in Ontario. Sarnia. Similar in alleged Murderers being a Male/Female duo. Again :furious: There is a thread here and her name is Noelle Paquette. Publication ban is in effect now. Murder 1 for both. Judging from what some astute posters found about these two on Fetlife site I fear Noelle died a horrific death :rose: :furious:

Let him appeal. He won't be going anywhere. He is lost without being able to lie so he needs something to do. He continued to view child *advertiser censored* after he helped kill Tori, he prepped for her abduction and rape. All of that is OUT. I think he is a huge idiot and loser. Unfortunately, he wants to keep reliving his crime, IMO. What he did to Tori was the pinnacle of his sick, deviant life and he wants to keep thinking about her. I think he is a complete . I'm sorry that you, Rodney, Tara and Daryn and all those who love Tori have to put up with this ****. xo

Hi Swedie and thanks for the welcome:seeya: To answer your question I am the girlfriend of Rodney Stafford and have quite a bit of insight and knowledge regarding this case as I was in the court room every day through the trial! Also I was present last week when he received a phone call from victim assistance services stating that the process is underway :please: Hope to god they see through this BS and lock him up for good:jail:

Welcome Gingyzgirl!!!! So glad to have you here! I can't begin to tell you how much we have all come to love our little Tori!!! My heart goes out to you and Rodney, I hope some day he will have some peace.

I will be so shocked if that actually gets anywhere with his appeal. I think the public outcry would be unbelievable. We'll all be watching along and thinking of you guys!!

:welcome5:

Considering the situation which brought you here, it's wonderful you are here and I feel honoured to have you on Tori's forum. As we all know being a Canadian citizen gives us certain rights to many things and this obviously includes the judicial system. Just because this monster is granted one of these rights, it doesn't mean it's going to get him anywhere. He is using the last bit of his rights to the max and that's all this is. Sheer desperation. The evidence from the trial will speak for itself and he will not be granted a new hearing. MOO

If he was not granted this right, he would keep upsetting the family over and over again with BS. Hopefully and I pray this appeal will reach a dead end very soon and that will put and end to hearing from this sicko for at least the next 20 some years, when he tries to get parole. IMHO may he rot before that 20 something years is up. I'm so sorry for Tori's loved one who have to be dragged through all this trauma again. You've been through more than any family should have to endure. Tori and her family have so many supporters and I wish you peace, love and strength as you go through this stressful process.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I am hoping you are all right and the will rot behind bars without this being dragged out longer than it should be! We don't know what to think to be honest?? We have our own thoughts,theories and conclusions and still none of it makes sense to us! Thank God for the enormous support system we have around us to help guide through this horrendous ordeal otherwise I'm sure a few of us would have lost our marbles along the way! Hopefully, we can soon focus on taking the steps to change laws in Canada..It's going to be a long hard road but one will are willing to travel to protect our children and we will need all the help & support we can pull together..Help be that change when time comes and always remember...

Justice For Tori

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I am hoping you are all right and the will rot behind bars without this being dragged out longer than it should be! We don't know what to think to be honest?? We have our own thoughts,theories and conclusions and still none of it makes sense to us! Thank God for the enormous support system we have around us to help guide through this horrendous ordeal otherwise I'm sure a few of us would have lost our marbles along the way! Hopefully, we can soon focus on taking the steps to change laws in Canada..It's going to be a long hard road but one will are willing to travel to protect our children and we will need all the help & support we can pull together..Help be that change when time comes and always remember...

Justice For Tori

Ging I speak for many on Tori's forum when I say we stand behind you and RS's fight to change laws when it comes to protecting our child. United we stand to help make those changes happen.

You mentioned how you have your own theories (in bold above). Right until the bitter end there was a few posters who believed the reason behind Tori's abduction was for a drug debt and TLM was the instigator. I hope you don't mind me asking but do you believe this was the case? I hope you don't take this question as being insensitive but I believe there are many who still believe this was the reasoning for Tori's abduction. Your information could put that theory to rest for many of us. I myself don't believe that theory. I believe MR was/is a sick, sexual deviant who found TLM and manipulated her into doing this evil deed for him. She is just as evil as him, don't get me wrong, it's just I believe he was the mastermind and it was for neferious reasons as put out to the MSM by LE very early in the case. MOO

Do you also know why TLM's full statement of facts from her April 30/10 sentencing has not made it into the MSM? Is it because of MR's appeal?

I am thankful to hear you have a strong support system, most importantly family and friends. Stay positive and strong and know we are behind you in our continued fight for justice for Victoria, our precious Canadian Angel. :blowkiss::tyou::grouphug:

I agree as always 100 percent with swede's post above...^^^^....I pray Ging & the rest of Tori's family remain strong as MR is acting out and trying his last attempt.May this be the end as swede said ...IMO...M>R may you rot and never leave that cell....We do not want you to endanger anyone else with your EVIL manner as the Judge said...canada Does NOT want to hear from you Michael Rafferty ....YOU said nothing in your defence ...IMO you had nothing to say as you KNow you are GUILTY ...so rot ! ...robynhood...to tori 's family we support you & I would personally do ANYTHING to make the Tori law a reality ..as that is what OUR country needs ...I wish every car in canada had a bummer sticker to show ALL the SUPPORT that agrees with me....See it Mr. Harper and than maybe you shall believe it!...WE WANT THE TORI LAW to be a reality !....<3

Hi there everyone! I have followed the Tori threads since the beginning, just read but stayed silent. I just wanted to thank Matou, Swedie and all of the other sleuthers who shared info and tweeted during the trial. I am so grateful to have found WS and the wonderful supportive community here. You seem like caring people who, like myself, felt a deep love and affection for sweet Angel Tori.

I wanted to welcome Ging too and share my deep condolences with you and your family for the horrible pain you have endured...I often wondered how you made it through such a horrific ordeal. There is strength in numbers and I know the entire WS community and the entire country is likely behind you and your family during what is likely to be another painful ordeal.

MR is a piece of garbage and he will never get out...he is a sickening who deserves to fry

My thoughts are that this got more than a fair trial, the appeal judges will know this and make the right decision, that is to deny this an appeal.

Stay strong everyone, positive energy please :)

And welcome GingyzGirl8!

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer because I'm not too sure about this appeal process?? I've been told that once this (IMO) is granted the time extension for appeal that it means he automatically gets the appeal! Is this true?

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer because I'm not too sure about this appeal process?? I've been told that once this (IMO) is granted the time extension for appeal that it means he automatically gets the appeal! Is this true?

It is my understanding that yes he will automatically get the appeal.

I agree with Bravo that he automatically gets the appeal. But, don't confuse that with a new trial. An appeal is simply asking a higher court to review what happened at the trial. The appeal court will obtain all the trial documents to determine if the trial was conducted properly and/or if there were any errors made. If the appeal court decides there were no errors, that is the end of it. If it is determined that there were errors made, they will then make a decision on what action to take (such as ordering a new trial, changing the sentence, changing the verdict, dismissal).

I'm not a legal expert so this is all just my opinion and my understanding of the procedures involved.

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forums and I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all of the members who contributed and continue to do so in memory of Tori. Let me explain.
I stumbled on this horrible, unforgivable tragedy in the news(as I don't go looking for bad news) and was immediatley heart-broken. As each trial-day passed and new information was released, it was like a new blow every day. I felt paniced and desperate for this to be over and I had never ever met this beautiful little girl. I cannot imagine how Tori's family must have felt. I followed the forums when I found them about half way through the trial and I appreciated the positive thoughts and up to the minute progress on the proceedings. Your members were more up to date than the media. So, thank you all again a 1000 times for your forums and quite frankly, a support community.
To beautiful Tori - I'm not sure where we go when we die, but if you're watching, know this - Your beautiful face will be in our hearts forever, and the tragic ending to your sweet, innocent life will haunt us always. We will not fail you.

This is just my feeling, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I feel very strongly that this animal will not get his appeal. His rights were not obstructed, he got his change of venue as requested, the judge did not make mistakes, the jury understood the process, and his lawyer admitted he was there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back