937 users online (138 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Angry Mother ARRESTED for protecting kids from plainclothes cop

This may or may not belong here. IMO the mother committed NO crime;
    This police officer got carried away. Anyway, what do y'all think? If this
    was my child, I'd have to be arrested, too. There are TOO many stories
    out there of people pretending to be policemen...there's just no way
    I'd trust this guys word for it.

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.as...5&nav=2KPpWa8A

Here's the article from the link:

Some home schoolers say they were having a meeting in Simpsonville Park when an officer started bullying them.

The group of home schoolers included 6 mothers and about 15 to 20 kids, every Wednesday for the past 5 years the group has come to Simpsonville Park to socialize and meet with each other, but they say this past Wednesday was like no other.

One of the mothers in the group, Jan Blanchard says, "We were just sitting there talking..."

"I heard a man yelling take your hands out of your pocket and I turned around and he was yelling at one of the boys in the group,” says another mother Priscilla Adams.

Priscilla’s 14 year old son, Glenn says, "He started yelling and screaming at this boy for having a knife, then pushed him down."

Priscilla says he then "went for another boy a 16 year old, yelled at him something about having a knife, he pushed him to the ground."

Simpsonville Police say a call came in that someone in the park had a knife. They say they responded as they would to any call like that, but the officer responding to the call was dressed in plain clothes and did not identify himself at first.

Priscilla says, "I was frightened, I really didn't know who he was."

That’s when Priscilla says one of the other mothers tried to stop him, by getting between the officer and the student.

"She was trying to protect a student, we didn't know what was happening, he could've been a murderer, a rapist or anything, we just, he was attacking one of our kids and we were trying to stop him," says Jan.

"She turned to Jan and said call the police and that's when he told us he was the police. It didn't even occur to me he was a policeman, he acted so insane," says Priscilla.

Police Chief Reese says officers do not have to identify themselves immediately and that the officer was wearing a badge and a gun.

But Jan says, "A crazy man come running up screaming, you're not looking at his belt to see if he's an officer."

The parents say the student did have a small hunting knife in a sheath on his belt, but never once had it out. The incident will keep this group from the park for good.

"The police station is right beside it, he could just come down at any time and do anything he wanted to," says Glenn.

The mother who tried to stop the officer was arrested and charged with assault on an officer, the 16 year old boy was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. Simpsonville Police say they will not comment any further because the case is under investigation.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    So is it illegal to own hunting knives now? I would have done the same thing as this mother and I would be talking to anyone who would listen.

Not long ago, two "cops" pulled a lady over in East TN. They proceeded to start pulling her pants down and making threats. She was saved when another motorist passed by. Needless to say, these weren't real LE.

I will never stop for the police unless it is in a well lit public area.

"Police Chief Reese says officers do not have to identify themselves immediately"

Stupid policy IMO. Is the public supposed to automaticaaly assume someone is a cop?

The beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    I agree Timex...that police officer should have identified himself to the children and parents right away. He did a disservice to all LE and parents who try to protect children from strangers. What a jerk! I hope the woman sues!

And my son is in LE...

"Police Chief Reese says officers do not have to identify themselves immediately"

That's nuts, we are supposed to stand by and quietly let a stranger tackle our children in the park?

The last thing I would be thinking is...wait and see if this guy is a cop before you take action.. !!

Sudzi

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Praise God.

charges dropped, officer fired

This is great news.

Sudzi