GUILTY PA - Dr. Melissa Ketunuti, 35, murdered in her Philly home, 21 Jan 2013

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
What in God's name is wrong with people?

Police found the body of a local Pediatrician who works at CHOP on fire inside her home on Naudian Street. They know she had been shopping prior to her body being found because of receipts.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b..._City_murder_victim_a_local_pediatrician.html

This poor, poor young woman. If the press is correct this Doctor's initials are "MK", but who knows if they have their stuff straight so I didn't want to put her name.

God speed beautiful good Doctor. My prayers for her family.

Local news updated that this young Doctor was found in her basement bound and on fire. Her dog walker had alerted the fire department about the fire.

A co-worker came by the house in concern for the woman's beloved Black Lab.

Police are ruling the death suspicious until further investigation. That always gets me. I know it's a "term" until they rule homcide, but me thinks this Pediatrician did not bind herself and set herself on fire.

JMO, but I would think she went shopping and was followed home and they rushed her at her door.

This kind of cruelty is unimaginable, but seems to be happening more often in this messed-up world.

Words are insufficient to describe such evil. May this poor woman rest in peace and her killer(s) be apprehended as soon as possible.

Oh, this is one of the most horrible things I have seen in awhile. How that poor woman must have suffered. And she was someone who could do so much good in the world. Where was the pit bull/lab when this was happening to her? I know that both pit bulls and labs are friendly dogs but wouldn't the dog be barking up a storm? Mine would. If someone wanted to kill her, why not just shoot her. Why tie her up and set her on fire. What a horribly cruel thing to do, and no one heard her screaming? Or maybe the killer strangled her first? They just have to catch this killer and get him/her off the streets!!!

Sorry this happened, the world needs healers. I can only hope that she was dead before the fire was started. How sad. How brutal.

gosh i lived a 1/2 block away from here in the early 2000s. poor girl.

No matter which way she could have walked home from a store, there should be some video of her, and hopefully a very clear picture of whomever did this terrible thing.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

There's a press conference that's about to begin on NBC Philadelphia.

Oh, this is one of the most horrible things I have seen in awhile. How that poor woman must have suffered. And she was someone who could do so much good in the world. Where was the pit bull/lab when this was happening to her? I know that both pit bulls and labs are friendly dogs but wouldn't the dog be barking up a storm? Mine would. If someone wanted to kill her, why not just shoot her. Why tie her up and set her on fire. What a horribly cruel thing to do, and no one heard her screaming? Or maybe the killer strangled her first? They just have to catch this killer and get him/her off the streets!!!

Maybe dog walker had the dog? Although the first article claims he came in to take the dog out. But they have not said anything about the dog found alive or dead, so was the dog kidnapped?

This is sad beyond words. The news earlier said she was more likely killed by strangulation
of the rope around her neck.

Dog was found in the home with the body. Apparently the dog was not barking, although I disagree that it means that the dog knew the attacker (s). If anybody in Philadelphia, they are looking for a foster care for a dog.

"A neighbor who was home Monday afternoon when fire trucks and police converged on the normally quiet side street between Lombard and South said he hadn't heard any barking from Pooch, who was in the house when the body was found."
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/l...ound_and_on_fire_in_her_Center_City_home.html

Word round the neighborhood is the police are hard at work and they have hit up every store and homeowner that has video surveillance.

And last I heard Pooch is going to Red Paw rescue for foster.

im a philly foster mom (doggie) any info on breed/sex of the doggie?

I'm not saying this is the case, but there is a possibility that this was done by a patients family member.

I am an RN and have been for over 20 years now. There have been incidents of physicians being killed out of grief or anger in the past.

Things have changed not only in our society, but in the medical field. I had a patient two weeks ago that got angry when the physician wouldn't order additional pain medication. His statement to me was, "You'd better hope I don't see you, or any of you racist bi*****s outside this hospital, cause I'll kill every last one of you bit***s." It's nice to go to work and bend over backward to try to help someone and end up being threatened. Sheesh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back