Page 30 of 133 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    I just donít see the connection between sexually explicit pictures of both TA and JA having anything to do with anything other than two people involved in visual stimulation. If the prosecution was trying to demean JA over that, then they also managed to demean TA as well.
    Sometimes it seems like they are trying to make Arias
    appear slutty. Why? You have all the evidence to make her
    appear guilty which is more important and what
    the case is actually about.

The pictures being shown to the friend got under my skin. I know he
    was dramatically trying to show that you don't know all
    sides of someone but couldn't he have said something about
    how there is no question that she did this and she admitted it herself.

In a way it mirrored Travis' sexuality to jump on the well you didn't
    know about this did you thing? Just as he's saying you didn't know Jodi
    did this no one knew Travis did either.

I was humiliated for the friend.
    -Nancy Grace is the reason juries are sequestered.-
    Assumptions of a rational sane mind do not apply to irrational situations.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justme84 For This Useful Post:

IMO, Narcissistic Rage is very destructive.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

I just kind of get the impression that if this case was with some guy or an unattractive woman on trial, there would be no media circus for the court to put on a show, and the trial would have been over by now.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lil_buddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    I thought upthread someone (sorry, can't remember who) said that TA did tell his close friends about the nature of his relationship with JA.

As usual, I'm confused. And stuffy headed. Blah. I'll go look.
    Not sure whether he told them or they assumed by Jodi's actions toward Travis when they were together. jmo

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    I saw NG too. WOW. What really bugs me the most about the new news is that the PA did not bring up during the trial about her buying the 9mm, hiding it in the rental car and was attempting to flee according to LE.

I think the PA has really made some big mistakes in not bringing out everything. Because if the defense brings up important stuff like the 9mm gun she bought, they can spin it as she liked to have a gun for protection.

And the jury is going to automatically think the PA was trying to hide stuff. This is becoming more and more like the KC trial and I am afraid it is heading for same type of verdict.

All he had to show was the crime scene and Jodi's talking. He proved up the points of his opening statement. The defense has to rebut what was entered and claim it's wasn't her fault. Travis made her do it.

So, Jodi come on down... grab a seat and talk to us. You have some explaining to do. The PA (and WS's) will hang on your every word.

I think this a more informed jury than Casey Anthonys. They are listening, and it seems like they are able to follow a logical thought process and that is good. I like the questions they are asking. I think they want to make it sure in their minds before they give her death. The compromise will be lesser charges that keep her locked up for life. I think the only way out of prison for Jodi will be in a pine box.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ILikeToBendPages For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    IMO, Narcissistic Rage is very destructive.
    LOL. You don't have to whisper.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lil_buddy View Post
    Inadmissible evidence usually lacks reliability, which means that it is not trustworthy. Demonstrating the reliability of evidence typically requires laying a foundation. For instance, if an expert witness has been called in a case, a lawyer may ask him questions about his background, education, and training in the area he is testifying about before asking him to give an opinion. This background testimony helps establish that the expert’s opinion is trustworthy.

If testimony, exhibits, or documents are found to be immaterial to a case, they may be deemed inadmissible evidence. In order for evidence to be material, it must be found necessary to prove a key element of the case. For example, if a lawyer attempts to show that a theft victim was diagnosed with cancer in order to glean sympathy from the jury, a judge may find such evidence immaterial to the case at hand and therefore inadmissible.

Inadmissible evidence generally lacks relevance. That is, it does not help prove or disprove any of the issues relating to the case. Sometimes a judge will exclude evidence that is relevant for other reasons. For instance, a judge may bar evidence that may be confusing to a jury, duplicative, or unfairly prejudicial to one of the parties.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-inad...e-evidence.htm
    I'm sorry, what point are you trying to make? ETA: The media plays no part in what the judge chooses to let in as evidence. jmo
    Last edited by popsicle; 01-22-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: ETA

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lil_buddy View Post
    I just kind of get the impression that if this case was with some guy or an unattractive woman on trial, there would be no media circus for the court to put on a show, and the trial would have been over by now.
    I agree. There is the forbidden sex, the stalking, the tons of images from social media and their blogs ( not the hoo-ha and wiener pics) and those things make people more interested.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    All he had to show was the crime scene and Jodi's talking. He proved up the points of his opening statement. The defense has to rebut what was entered and claim it's wasn't her fault. Travis made her do it.

So, Jodi come on down... grab a seat and talk to us. You have some explaining to do. The PA (and WS's) will hang on your every word.

I think this a more informed jury than Casey Anthonys. They are listening, and it seems like they are able to follow a logical thought process and that is good. I like the questions they are asking. I think they want to make it sure in their minds before they give her death. The compromise will be lesser charges that keep her locked up for life. I think the only way out of prison for Jodi will be in a pine box.
    At least this jury isn't asking for pretzels in the jury room. jmo

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    So just out of curiosity since you have so much experience. Every cadavar, anatomy photo, and pelvic exam I have seen of female genitalia the anterior commissure starts very high at the top of the genitalia. Is it that common for it to start so low?? Like right above where her vaginal canal begins? And what is that long whiter line descending from where the normal placement of her clitoris would be down to the beginning of her anterior commissure? Just trying to understand now that I have an enlarged photo that seems to the be best quality that I have seen. I agree that she has a large labia minora. But large labia minora's are just large labias, they just have more skin, they don't start lower or start their separation lower. Maybe I am seeing something in the picture you are not seeing or misinterpreting?

Photo I am referencing: WARNING GRAPHIC:
    http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/us...9d38b.jpg.html
    I'm not a nurse, doctor or a chemist... But I know one thing for sure. Her junk looks nothing like my junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Are you saying you think he slept with them or some of them? Because I do not believe that...just saying.
    I'm saying it is POSSIBLE. Who really knows for sure. You don't and neither do I. Some people on here seem sure TA was a virgin. I say that 's possible of course--but not likely.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shelley921 For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by polleypockets
    i think they were setting up proof about JA and TA's illicit relationship - since he never discussed his w/ his friends - by saying he was no longer temple worthy bolsters the fact they were having an affair- and gets it out before the defense can bring it up (that he wasn't temple worthy) and cause damage to the states case

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    I thought upthread someone (sorry, can't remember who) said that TA did tell his close friends about the nature of his relationship with JA.

As usual, I'm confused. And stuffy headed. Blah. I'll go look.
    Here is the interview with his friend Dave Hall. Vinnie talking about TA's sex life with JA begins at 2:27...seems Dave Hall knew.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/1...t-arias-secret

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sulamith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justme84 View Post
    Sometimes it seems like they are trying to make Arias
    appear slutty. Why? You have all the evidence to make her
    appear guilty which is more important and what
    the case is actually about.

The pictures being shown to the friend got under my skin. I know he
    was dramatically trying to show that you don't know all
    sides of someone but couldn't he have said something about
    how there is no question that she did this and she admitted it herself.

In a way it mirrored Travis' sexuality to jump on the well you didn't
    know about this did you thing? Just as he's saying you didn't know Jodi
    did this no one knew Travis did either.

I was humiliated for the friend.
    I totally agree. Frankly, the sex pictures to me are not shocking at all. Just 2 people engaging in consensual sex and taking immature pictures. The sex pictures are really no big deal to me other than proving she was there that day which is the main thing about them to me.

I agree they are equally embarrasing to both Travis and Jodi. I was confused when the PA was using them and getting mad at the friend.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Please don't tell me Jodi's mother is another Cindy A, but a quiet one so far.
    Cut from the very same cloth I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shelley921 View Post
    I'm saying it is POSSIBLE. Who really knows for sure. You don't and neither do I. Some people on here seem sure TA was a virgin. I say that 's possible of course--but not likely.
    Nope I don't and that's why I was asking if that is what you thought. Thanks.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 133 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast