Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/2...03#videoplayer

dang!!!! this video is a must watch
    Nurse, thank you for posting this video. The following are the key dates/times that are in the video. I find it helps to have it in black and white in front of your face instead of needing to watch a video repeatedly to look at/remember the information.

July 14, 2008

- Mesa detectives flew to Yreka, CA to arrest Jodi Arias for 1st degree murder.

9 PM - Detectives arrive at the home of Arias's grandparents. Visual surveillance showed Arias was packing clothes as if she was leaving.

9:45 PM - Arias was inside a vehicle, parked in front of the residence talking with someone who appeared to be her mother. Arias's mother later drove away, Arias then went back into her grandparents' home.

Midnight - Officers left the home to return in the early morning hours. Decision made to arrest Arias if she attempted to flee.

July 15, 2008

6:30 AM - Surveillance team set up at grandparents' home. Shortly after, a Chevy Cobalt parked in front of the home.

9:39 AM - Arias taken into custody.

9:40 AM - Search warrent of grandparents' home excecuted. Evidence indicated that Arias had purchased a High Point 9mm.

1:15 PM - Search warrent executed at the home of Arias's parents. Box of .25 caliber ammunition was found during search. .25 caliber ammo was not found at grandparents' home.

2:25 PM - Search warrent on the Chevy Cobalt executed. Arias's luggage and personal effects had been placed inside the vehicle. A box of 9 mm ammunition was found inside a suitcase containing Arias's clothing. No firearm was found. Two knives found inside boxes of books in the car.

August 2008

- Arias's mother asked about a High Point 9mm that Arias had hidden in a vehicle.

- A Hertz employee recovers a 9mm gun while servicing the vehicle in San Francisco, CA. It was the vehicle that Arias had rented in Yreka, CA. Police determined the weapon was purchsed after Travis Alexander was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy1 View Post
    BBM - I agree with you - but I have to wonder (given what DID happen that day) - would she have ended up killing him at another point in time anyway? I personally think she would have. JMO
    Yes. Absolutely imo

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kkdj For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    I would also like to say that this weekend I did a couple of experiments on my kitchen floor. I used maple syrup and a rigatoni.

I kicked the pasta along the floor with the side of my foot lightly as though an accident. It skidded along the floor and rested atop the syrup puddle. There was no syrup on the top of the pasta shell. It just looked as if it was placed there. I did it three times and once it just stopped at the edge and didn't skip into the puddle but the other two times it did. Then Mr. Knot tossed a net over me.

The syrup was viscous enough that the pasta just stopped and did not roll completely in the syrup.

Of course the viscosity of the blood may not have been the same as my room temp syrup. But if had pooled and cooled on the cold tiles, even for the 30 mins to an hour JA had to do that crappy cleanup job, might it not have thickened enough to have a similar consistency?
    You! Lol too funny! What a bunch we are! Yesterday morning, I got up ...got my husbands best suit out of the closet...laid it on the bed. He's up and ready to leave for work. I said, I want you to make love to me on top of this suit. Ya know what he said? He said, without hesitation or missing a beat. OK!

Poor guy.... He looked so sad when I explained that I just wanted to see if he would. I promised to make it up to him that night because I am not a morning person......

That was for the folks that believed Travis wouldn't have had sex on his comforter. Your welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Again, I think she needs to be kept away forever.

But TA sent people to her house to convert her.
    Do we know if Travis sent people there because he felt he should or did he send people there because Jodi expressed an interest in converting to Mormonism and wanted to know more about it? Travis did not live near Jodi and if Jodi showed an interest in the Mormon church then I can see where Travis would ask some Mormon friends that lived near Jodi to go talk with her and answer her questions. Is this information coming from Jodi or someone else?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
    Dr G was on tv the other day and she stated that once the ME testifies, those statements are taken as FACT. Not opinion. FACT.

The ME testified in this case that the gunshot came last. So for purposes of this case, the gunshot came last.
    Somebody better tell the folks over at HLN. They have an ME with 18 years experience who says she thinks the shot came first.

So now what happens when the defense gets someone like her on the stand to refute what the ME says? Does a juror believe the FACT or consider there MIGHT be another opinion and decide that is reasonable enough doubt?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to txbluesman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    This may be a dumb question but oh well...

Why the burglary charge?
    I believe that after she assaulted Travis the first time she became an unwanted guest in his home.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txbluesman View Post
    Somebody better tell the folks over at HLN. They have an ME with 18 years experience who says she thinks the shot came first.

So now what happens when the defense gets someone like her on the stand to refute what the ME says? Does a juror believe the FACT or consider there MIGHT be another opinion and decide that is reasonable enough doubt?
    I don't see how the order changes anything. She killed him in cold blood. She premeditated this murder. It matters not if the shot was first, second or last. It was overkill, period. The defensive wounds show that he was alive when he was being stabbed. First degree murder.

MOO

12. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessSezMe View Post
    That makes so much sense. Do you believe she went there with the "two ninja" story already running around in her mind? If so, that's even more reason to believe this was premeditated. She had a whole made up story ready before the murder. No wonder she had no problem concocting the Ninja story on the fly in the second interrogation.
    I do believe this... let's hope the jury does aswell. Lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LegalEye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by polleypockets View Post
    yes - thinking if the LE is looking for 2 assailants, they would never question her?
    IMO that was the sole reason she used two weapons. She thought she'd send LE off on a wild goose chase for two perps.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    You! Lol too funny! What a bunch we are! Yesterday morning, I got up ...got my husbands best suit out of the closet...laid it on the bed. He's up and ready to leave for work. I said, I want you to make love to me on top of this suit. Ya know what he said? He said, without hesitation or missing a beat. OK!

Poor guy.... He looked so sad when I explained that I just wanted to see if he would. I promised to make it up to him that night because I am not a morning person......

That was for the folks that believed Travis wouldn't have had sex on his comforter. Your welcome

Tell your Hubby ty.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....visautopsy.pdf

The written medical examiners report. I am not a doctor but there are a couple of little things in there about the brain that make me want to go rut-ROH.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spcagrl For This Useful Post:

Midnight - Officers left the home to return in the early morning hours. Decision made to arrest Arias if she attempted to flee.

July 15, 2008

6:30 AM - Surveillance team set up at grandparents' home. Shortly after, a Chevy Cobalt parked in front of the home.

Lemme get this straight. They go to their hotel at midnight, but IF SHE ATTEMPTS TO FLEE before we come back in the morning, we're going to arrest her. These are the same folks who investigated, arrested, questioned and built a case against her?

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to txbluesman For This Useful Post:

Lemme get this straight. They go to their hotel at midnight, but IF SHE ATTEMPTS TO FLEE before we come back in the morning, we're going to arrest her. These are the same folks who investigated, arrested, questioned and built a case against her?
    I was just thinking the same thing! Did it not occur to them that she might try to flee in the middle of the night?!!!!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ramblinrose01 For This Useful Post:

From what I understand and what Jean said in that video, there was an indictment/arrest warrent issued for Jodi on July 9, 2008. LE waited until July 14, 2008 to go to arrest Jodi, HOWEVER, Jodi was under surviellance from July 9, 2008 until July 15, 2008 when they arrested her. She was in Yreka, CA at the time so I would think that it was the Yreka LE that had her under surveillance. Mesa LE are the ones that were recording their activity that was shared in the video.

MOO

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

The thing is, they are not the State ME and they did NOT do the autopsy. And it wasn't my statement, it came from Dr G who is an acting ME. She stated that when a ME testifies it is considered FACT. Her words, not mine.

As I said, people can debate the issues all they want, but for the purposes of this trial he was shot last.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bobloblaw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    I don't see how the order changes anything. She killed him in cold blood. She premeditated this murder. It matters not if the shot was first, second or last. It was overkill, period. The defensive wounds show that he was alive when he was being stabbed. First degree murder.

MOO
    I agree with you. The sole basis for the defense wanting to say the shot came first is to say....see, he did not suffer. However, IF by some miracle the gunshot, if first, did not render him unconscious, he was aware, and able to stagger or fall out of the shower( the way I get the layout is that the sinks are directly across from the shower, so you could literally fall out of the shower and hit the sink). He may have significantly lost coordination but was somehow able to attempt to crawl down the hallway, which is not as long as it seems.....just steps really. In ANY scenario, it was still cruel, heinous and depraved. She killed him three times over and he was alive and aware for most of it.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to spcagrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessSezMe View Post
    That makes so much sense. Do you believe she went there with the "two ninja" story already running around in her mind? If so, that's even more reason to believe this was premeditated. She had a whole made up story ready before the murder. No wonder she had no problem concocting the Ninja story on the fly in the second interrogation.
    From what we know about the days leading up to the murder we know this was planned at the very least when that gun was stolen from her grandparents.

None of Travis' knives were missing so she went there with two modes of attack.

She turned off her cell phone, dyed her hair, rented a car to avoid detection, had her date with Ryan planned.

She did a lot of planning. Because of that I am going to go with she thought about the two attacker story prior to being interviewed by Flores.

She first denied being at the house until she was busted. Then the ninja story followed.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

32. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

LE-Well I can tell you that we're investigating it as a homicide...

JA-Okay

LE-And not as a suspicious death anymore, It's pretty obvious, and, it's important for us to find out why somebody would want to do harm to him...

JA-Exactly

LE-What kind of stuff he was possibly involved in, or maybe it could have been something as simple as a burglary, intruder, or something that had gone wrong.

JA-I was wondering because he's so...when you said, like they said suspicious death I thought well he's trying to shed pounds for Cancun so he looks good in his boxers, or bathing suit or whatever swimtrunks, and um, and I know that, I thought he takes supplements and works out really, really hard, I've seen him work out, and it's a very intense routine and he has these heavy dumbbells that he uses and he's so strong, I mean, there's a couple times we tried to wrestle just for fun--show me some moves--and there's...I don't see how anyone, unless maybe there were TWO PEOPLE, I don't see how anyone could overpower him.

LE--Yeah, he was a pretty good sized guy.

JA--Close to 200 pounds I think.

LE--Yeah, yeah, it would take, I'd say two people maybe more to over power him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdiZADvLaEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/URL]

start at 31-12

34. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LadyEdith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrose01 View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing! Did it not occur to them that she might try to flee in the middle of the night?!!!!
    They may have had surveillance cameras set up on her?? I am not sure what is around her grandparents home.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

On the most recent 48 Hours JA episode, she mentioned that she had spoken to TA while in LA and he asked her to stop by on the way to Utah. Did that phone call ever happen or did JA show up unannounced ?

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sustained For This Useful Post:

Nurse, thank you for posting this video. The following are the key dates/times that are in the video. I find it helps to have it in black and white in front of your face instead of needing to watch a video repeatedly to look at/remember the information.

July 14, 2008

- Mesa detectives flew to Yreka, CA to arrest Jodi Arias for 1st degree murder.

9 PM - Detectives arrive at the home of Arias's grandparents. Visual surveillance showed Arias was packing clothes as if she was leaving.

9:45 PM - Arias was inside a vehicle, parked in front of the residence talking with someone who appeared to be her mother. Arias's mother later drove away, Arias then went back into her grandparents' home.

July 15, 2008

9:40 AM - Search warrent of grandparents' home excecuted. Evidence indicated that Arias had purchased a High Point 9mm.

1:15 PM - Search warrent executed at the home of Arias's parents. Box of .25 caliber ammunition was found during search. .25 caliber ammo was not found at grandparents' home.

2:25 PM - Search warrent on the Chevy Cobalt executed. Arias's luggage and personal effects had been placed inside the vehicle. A box of 9 mm ammunition was found inside a suitcase containing Arias's clothing. No firearm was found. Two knives found inside boxes of books in the car.

August 2008

- Arias's mother asked about a High Point 9mm that Arias had hidden in a vehicle.

- A Hertz employee recovers a 9mm gun while servicing the vehicle in San Francisco, CA. It was the vehicle that Arias had rented in Yreka, CA. Police determined the weapon was purchsed after Travis Alexander was killed.
    Hi, TorisMom003. Thanks so much for the timeline. One wonders, of course, where Jodi had planned to go. The .25 caliber ammunition at her parents' house is telling because they owned no such gun as far as we know. And packing knives inside boxes of books also seems suspicious to me.

...and like many of Jodi's other strategies, "hiding" a gun in a rental vehicle seems like a move destined to fail.

It's interesting that Arias' mom seems to have been forthcoming at this stage of the investigation.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:

MOO
    I totally agree with you. You think about it she killed him 3 times. Then threw in the added little extras. Any way you look at it it was heinous overkill. She could have walked away at anytime with any one of the big 3 injuries and he would have died. What does it matter at all which one was first. Nobody will ever know the truth of what happened that day. What set the psycho off. I just find it sad she did not use the gun on herself.

Regardless of what happened with them with the "deviant" sex between two consenting adults Travis did not deserve any of her revenge on him. She was the sexual predator not him. She proved that with Ryan the next day. It seems like she was all set to deflower all the Mormon virgins she came across.

Just because their sex life was not acceptable to some of us she was a willing partner just as he was. If he was truly a virgin he got a hold of something with her he had no idea of how to handle.
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

42. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sassy_texasbelle2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEdith View Post

JA-Okay

LE-And not as a suspicious death anymore, It's pretty obvious, and, it's important for us to find out why somebody would want to do harm to him...

JA-Exactly

LE-What kind of stuff he was possibly involved in, or maybe it could have been something as simple as a burglary, intruder, or something that had gone wrong.

JA-I was wondering because he's so...when you said, like they said suspicious death I thought well he's trying to shed pounds for Cancun so he looks good in his boxers, or bathing suit or whatever swimtrunks, and um, and I know that, I thought he takes supplements and works out really, really hard, I've seen him work out, and it's a very intense routine and he has these heavy dumbbells that he uses and he's so strong, I mean, there's a couple times we tried to wrestle just for fun--show me some moves--and there's...I don't see how anyone, unless maybe there were TWO PEOPLE, I don't see how anyone could overpower him.

LE--Yeah, yeah, it would take, I'd say two people maybe more to over power him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdiZADvLaEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/URL]

start at 31-12
    Hi, LadyEdith. I've been told that Ninjas are quite adept wrestlers.

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_texasbelle2 View Post
    I totally agree with you. You think about it she killed him 3 times. Then threw in the added little extras. Any way you look at it it was heinous overkill. She could have walked away at anytime with any one of the big 3 injuries and he would have died. What does it matter at all which one was first. Nobody will ever know the truth of what happened that day. What set the psycho off. I just find it sad she did not use the gun on herself.

Regardless of what happened with them with the "deviant" sex between two consenting adults Travis did not deserve any of her revenge on him. She was the sexual predator not him. She proved that with Ryan the next day. It seems like she was all set to deflower all the Mormon virgins she came across.

Just because their sex life was not acceptable to some of us she was a willing partner just as he was. If he was truly a virgin he got a hold of something with her he had no idea of how to handle.
    I totally agree with this statement. But I do think we know what set "the psycho" off. And Travis's friend says it best in the 48 hours interview. Travis would have laid it out plain and simple... heres what happening... and heres whats NOT happening.. and for Jodi, that was not the right answer. But yes , your statement is so true.

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LegalEye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEdith View Post

JA-Okay

JA-Exactly

LE--Yeah, yeah, it would take, I'd say two people maybe more to over power him.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdiZADvLaEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/URL]

start at 31-12
    If you are referring to the bolded statement that LE made, they discussed during questioning with the LE on the stand, that it is common for LE to tell lies etc during interogation to coax a confession out of a suspect.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bobloblaw For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast