1274 users online (259 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Lisa Underwood (pregnant), 34, & son Jayden, 7, Fort Worth, 19 Feb 2005

... Amber Alert...

This Is A Child Abduction Alert Issued By The Texas Amber Alert Network.

The Fort Worth Police Department Is Searching For Jayden Underwood... Height 4 Feet 0 Inches... Race White... Sex Male... Brown Eyes. Abducted On 02/19/2005 At 1703 CST.

Also Missing Is His Mother... Lisa Underwood... Height 5 Feet 2 Inches... Weight 165 Pounds... Race White... Blue Eyes... Brown Hair... And 7 Months Pregnant.

There Is No Suspect Information... But The Suspect Is Expected To Be Driving A Dodge Durango... Year 2002... Blue... Texas License Plate 5gdf19.

Law Enforcement Officials Believe This Child To Be In Grave Or Immediate Danger.

If You Have Any Information Regarding This Abduction... Call Ken Burton... Acting Communication Supervisor... Fort Worth Police Department. Phone 817-922-3220.
    Last edited by Gabby; 02-20-2005 at 09:07 PM.
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

Link with picture.

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewe...t=NMTOPSTORIES

Praying for a safe return!!!

Gabs~you might want to change boys name in the thread

More Info Here:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/10950796.htm

I'm praying they are found safe and soon, but evidence in the home points to foul play. I hope not.

imo

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliana
    More Info Here:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/10950796.htm

I'm praying they are found safe and soon, but evidence in the home points to foul play. I hope not.

imo
    Oh! I just hope they are found soon and SAFE!!!!!!!!

Amber Alert

Jayden White Underwood, 7 yrs., white male with brown eyes and blond hair.

The boy's mother is Lisa Underwood, 34 yrs., white female, 5'2" with blue eyes and brown hair. She is seven months pregnant, police said.

There is no suspect information at this time.

Police say the two may be in a blue 2002 Dodge Durango with Texas Tag 5GDF19.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-335-4222 or dial 911.

Channel 13 Houston

Dear Lord, please watch over Lisa and Jayden, and deliver them back to their loved ones. Give the police what they need, when they need it, to catch the person(s) who took Lisa and Jayden. In Jesus name, Amen

With prayers of HOPE, Lanie

Truck Found!

http://www.wfaa.com/

The truck has been located partially submerged in a creek in Denton County, which is just north of Fort Worth. Dear God, I hope this turns out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana
    http://www.wfaa.com/

The truck has been located partially submerged in a creek in Denton County, which is just north of Fort Worth. Dear God, I hope this turns out ok.

OMG...please, Lord, let this have been an innocent car accident that the mother and child survived somehow....please!

Prayers for their safe return.

It was on our local radio station about them missing.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148244,00.html

DENTON, Texas — A sport utility vehicle belonging to a missing pregnant woman was found in a creek Monday as police searched for her and her 7-year-old son, two days after a pool of blood was found in their home.

Officers on horseback and using dogs concentrated the search in a rural area of Denton, about 30 miles northeast of Fort Worth (search), after a landowner found the SUV belonging to Lisa Underwood (search) and her son, Jayden. The vehicle was nose down and partly submerged in a creek.

A statewide Amber Alert (search) was issued after the woman failed to show up for her baby shower Saturday, and the alert was expanded to New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

Police would not give details of what they found at Underwood's Fort Worth home, but a police report said relatives checking her house Saturday found a large pool of blood on the living room floor.

There were no signs of forced entry, Lt. Gene Jones said.

Authorities had few new details Monday, saying they could not discuss specifics because of the ongoing investigation.

Sgt. Rene Kamper said the keys to Underwood's vehicle were found near the SUV but she declined to say what, if any, other evidence was found.

{Much more at the link}

Channel 13 Houston

For whoever reads this thread, please stop and say a prayer for this missing family, and the search teams trying to find them. \o/

Prayer is SO important.

If you're in the area of the search, please e-mail me for information about how to contact SAR units in the area to volunteer, and thanks.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Sources told FOX News that Barbee is the father of Underwood's unborn child.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148314,00.html

I'm fairly certain that is who it is. Makes me sick!!!!! There have been so many the past few years. It just doesn't make sense.....I want to hear more about the wife. Wonder how long he's been married? Possibly married and like PK said Lisa was another Amber? Or could she have been driving another vehicle and followed him to the creek???? Anxiously awaiting the press conference!

Pregnant woman presumed dead....

Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

New release from media. Prayers to the family of these loved ones....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/22/mis...ily/index.html
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

a hop, skip & a jump from Texas Motor Speedway
    Latest from the Dallas Morning News Online:

Police find remains linked to missing boy, mom

02:37 PM CST on Tuesday, February 22, 2005

By JEFF MOSIER / The Dallas Morning News

Stephen Barbee

Police are working to recover the bodies of a pregnant Fort Worth woman and her 7-year-old son Tuesday, just hours after a man was arrested in Tyler and booked on a capital murder charge.

Stephen Dale Barbee, 37, of Fort Worth, was booked into the Smith County Jail at 1:15 a.m. in connection with the deaths of Lisa Underwood, 34, and her son, Jayden. Bond was set at $2 million. He was then transported back to Fort Worth and arraigned at noon.

"We know that Mr. Barbee and Miss Underwood were at one time romantically involved," said Fort Worth police spokesman Lt. Gene Jones. "I can't tell you what their most current relationship status was."

Jones said earlier Tuesday that both bodies were found, but later said there was evidence of only one body in the wooded area in rural Denton County near Northlake, about 25 miles north of Fort Worth. Investigators were searching the area about 10 miles from where Underwood's car was found Monday, and Jones said police believe the other body is nearby.

A medical examiner was summoned to the scene as detectives raced to complete their investigation before foul weather forecast for later in the day.

A search warrant affidavit made public Tuesday afternoon said that the Fort Worth police investigation found that Barbee was the father of Underwood's unborn child. The affidavit said that Barbee told police after his arrest in Tyler that he had argued with Lisa Underwood because he would not leave his wife. During the argument, Barbee said that Underwood kicked him in the leg. He then punched her in the face several times, causing her nose to bleed. At that point, Barbee held Underwood on the floor and suffocated her. During the fight, Jayden entered the living room screaming, and Barbee told police that he also suffocated the child. He put the bodies in the back of the SUV, drove to Denton County and dug a shallow grave.

The search warrant affidavit said that Fort Worth detectives first interviewed Barbee on Saturday evening. Barbee told police he was at his business partner's residence when the Underwoods disappeared.

Early Saturday morning, a Denton County Sheriff's deputy stopped what he believed to be a suspicious man wearing a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans covered in gray mud. The man -- who was Stephen Barbee -- gave the deputy a false name and date of birth. As Deputy David Brawner approached the man at Interstate 35W and Vintage Drive, the man ran into a wooded area. Deputy Brawner searched but could not find the man.

During Fort Worth police officers’ interview with Barbee Saturday night, they asked him what he had been wearing the night before, and Barbee showed them muddy jeans and a dark shirt. The jeans were in a trashcan, and Barbee said he had thrown them away because they had a hole in the knee.

Barbee's business partner, Ron Dodd, told police that he was with Barbee during the early morning hours on Saturday. Barbee requested a ride to an elementary school on Old Denton Road. Dodd let Barbee out of the car, and later Barbee called him to come pick him up. Barbee told Dodd that he had visited a female friend he had gotten pregnant and told Dodd, "I just can't do it." Dodd assumed that meant he was going to break up with the woman.

Later, Barbee asked Dodd to take him back to the same location and dropped him off. Barbee called later and asked for him to bring him gasoline near FM 407 east of Justin. When Dodd arrived, Barbee was standing near a blue SUV, and when Dodd handed Barbee the gas can, Dodd told police he saw the bodies of a woman and boy in the back. Dodd said he became shaken and left the scene. A short time later he received another call from Barbee saying that his truck had broken down and he needed a ride.

Lisa Underwood and her son, Jayden

When Dodd arrived, Barbee was being questioned by the Denton County deputy. Dodd drove away and later was called again by Barbee to be picked up. The affidavit said that's when Barbee told his business partner he had killed the woman and her child and dumped them on FM 407 at the point he had run out of gas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast